It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SHUTTLE BACK-FLIP

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 11:13 AM
link   
In this link can anyone tell me if the shuttle is manouvering in real time or is this sped up to show us the move?
click on the right hand link for the right show :-)

cheers

[edit on 21-2-2008 by Valorian]

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Shuttle? how did you come to that conclusion.

Anyway it looks a bit too blue for a meteor?? are they normally blue?

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 11:25 AM
link   
It's not realtime (the shuttle flip) it actually occurs at 3/4 of a degree per second... check NASA to confirm. You'll find that is what NASA quotes.

Cheers,

Vic

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 11:26 AM
link   
In my opinon it looks to be done in some sort of time-lapse movement, instead of a continual motion or flight movement. Of course that is just from personal observation.

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 11:42 AM
link   
News article for the link you have says "Sureveillance cameras have captured what is thought to be a meteor shooting through the sky above the US"

Was that the correct link, otherwise this has nothing to do with the shuttle.

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Shadow_Lord

The OP did say "click the link to the right of the video"... it's the STS.

Vic

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by V Kaminski

Well would you look at that? I completely missed that duh. I was expecting a direct link, my bad.

Ok, after looking at the correct video, no it is not in real time

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by jdposey
In my opinon it looks to be done in some sort of time-lapse movement, instead of a continual motion or flight movement. Of course that is just from personal observation.

It pretty much a continual motion -- I have on occasion watched this "Rendezvous Pitch Maneuver" live on NASA TV as it happens. As stated above, this film is definitely speeded up (at least 4X to 5X in my opinion).

This "Pitch Maneuver" is done so the astronauts on the Space Station can photograph the heat shield of the Shuttle; then NASA uses those photos to detect possible damage to that heat shield. The Shuttle does this immediately prior to docking with the Space Station

[edit on 2/21/2008 by Soylent Green Is People]

top topics

join