It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Quran is Not Demonic

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Against the wishes of my Christian friends, I read part of the Quran today, thinking I would find it demonic and vile etc... to my surprise, it reads like the Bible. the second chapter even mentions Christians and Jews in a good light although it is a bit confusing, and even mentions that they can find Paradise. Therefore the rumours about Muslims having to kill an infidel to get into Muslim Paradise are false.

My question is: 'What is all the fuss about?' There is nothing to fear if your faith is strong enough.

And, isn't this the Lord's Prayer said in a slightly different way:

Praise be to Allah, the Cherisher and Sustainer of the worlds;

Most Gracious, Most Merciful;

Master of the Day of Judgment.

Thee do we worship, and Thine aid we seek,

Show us the straight way,

The way of those on whom Thou hast bestowed Thy Grace, those whose (portion) is not wrath, and who go not astray.

Quran

Oh - and I am convinced that some measure of evolution has happened to make humans although the evolution story has its faults... There, I feel so much better now.

[edit on 21/2/2008 by Heronumber0]

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Heronumber0

nice job there

seriously, i applaud you for going outside the box and actually learning about the religion through the religion instead of through third party sources

the bible and the koran are very similar...though both have their unique...wackiness for lack of a better word.

i read through it a while back, found it to be a bit of a boring read in general, but an informative one.

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 07:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Heronumber0

as a muslim my self,
Bravo insted of Taking the words of others you chose your own path to study someone elses faith.

posted on Feb, 23 2008 @ 06:57 AM
link   
honestly, i'm not surprised that this thread is receiving absolutely no traffic save for myself and bodrul...

nobody seems to want to keep an open mind, but it's nice to see the few exceptions

new topics

top topics

join