It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Confirmation & Update on Secret United Nations Meeting Discussing UFOs & Extraterrestrial Life

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 05:47 AM
link   
It is certainly stacking up to be another hoax. As long as there is money to be made off of the UFO community (us), stories such as these will be plentiful. I would really like to believe this U.N. stuff is true.

Originally posted by cynicalabsurdance
Disturbing to me, is that in this arena here,,where true valid evidence is lacking, we must
undergo such tarnishment by dribble such as this.
SORRY
its a Hoax.
Rog'

EDIT: De-clawed my original outburst.

[edit on 2/22/2008 by Rotoplooker]

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 05:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by cynicalabsurdance
The UN, has absolutely no interest in Off world aliens.

A-ha!

U.N. to debate contact with extraterrestrial civilizations

U.N. General Assembly Now Has Resolution To Establish United Nations Decade Of Contact & Diplomatic Relations With E.T.s

For the first time in almost 27 years, the United Nations General Assembly will be debating the issue of establishing diplomatic relations with advanced Extraterrestrial Civilizations that may now be visiting Earth.

On December 16, 2005, a Resolution to establish a United Nations Decade of Contact was formally transmitted to the incoming President of the General Assembly, H.E. Jan Eliasson of Sweden by the Institute for Cooperation in Space (ICIS), a Non-Governmental Organization. President Eliasson was Sweden's Ambassador to the United Nations from 2000 to 2005.

Almost to the day twenty-seven years ago, on December 18, 1978, the United Nations General Assembly voted to approve decision 33/426, inviting U.N. Member States "to take appropriate steps to coordinate on a national level scientific research and investigation into extraterrestrial life, including unidentified flying objects, and to inform the Secretary-General of the observations, research and evaluation of such activities."

Then U.S. President Jimmy Carter then supported the U.N. General Assembly's decision. Carter himself had a close Encounter of the First Kind with a UFO (Night Light) in October 1969, in the company of 10 members of the Leary, Georgia Lion's Club while he was running for Governor of Georgia. Four years later, while Governor of Georgia, Carter filed a public UFO sighting report, dated September 18, 1973.

www.ufodigest.com...

See also:
www.thepetitionsite.com...
www.newciv.org...
www.ufor.asn.au...
www.lightworkers.org...

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 07:18 AM
link   
Sounds like either Burisch or Doty spreading their disinformation like usual.

Silly Salla is off course quick to oblige

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 07:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Enthralled Fan
If this news source is giving permission to circulate this information, why isn't this reported in the mainstream news anywhere?

Could it be because this might "allegedly" be news?

I hope nobody made any money off of this.

Perhaps this gives you in a way an idea why such things don’t happens.

EX] MEDIA CONTROL DOCUMENT - CIA Memorandum Subject: Task Force Report on Greater CIA Openness - dated December 1991 (Page 10 is missing) - June 2004 [PDF File - 4.85 Megabyte] www.disclosureproject.org...
or Read Each page in JPG format
Note: This memo supports "Media Play" - by Steven M. Greer, M.D - most notably on page 6, which says "PAO [Public Affairs Office] now has relationships with reporters from every major wire service, newspaper, news weekly, and television network in the nation. This has helped us turn some intelligence failure stories into intelligence success stories, and it has contributed to the accuracy of countless others. In many instances, we have persuaded reporters to postpone, change, hold, or even scrap stories that could have adversely affected national security interests or jeopardized sources and methods." Read more documents here

Source; www.disclosureproject.com...

[edit on 22/2/08 by spacevisitor]

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 07:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by danx
How about these Pickering brothers? Has anyone looked into them?
Honestly I hadn't heard about them before so I searched and found this video on youtube, with them being interviewed and talking about general conspiracies but UFOs in particular.

Thanks for the interesting link danx.

In the video they take Dan Burisch's claims as fact, among other things that made me a little suspicious.

Maybe you find this interesting?

'Henry Deacon', a Livermore Physicist
We met with and interviewed this man in early September, but he declined to appear on video or to have his name made public... for entirely understandable reasons. (Henry Deacon is a pseudonym, prompted by his similarity to the likeable and creative polymath on the Eureka TV show.)

In this extraordinary, wide-ranging on-record testimony, he describes his work and experiences, and reveals some astounding information about the coming planned war with China; one way in which drugs are smuggled by the military from Southeast Asia; stargates and instantaneous communication over vast distance; the inhabited planets of Alpha Centauri; chemtrails; rips in spacetime caused by atomic testing, and the damage and danger they have caused; the use of viruses to reduce the world's population; the shooting down of an alien craft by a unit in which he served; and much more – including, possibly very importantly, a confirmation of Dan Burisch's testimony.

Source; www.projectcamelot.net...

So I'm not really sure what to think or expect of this, but as of now without any other (real) confirmation or corroboration I'm leaning towards a fabricated story.

Only time will tell, lets wait what more is to come.

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 08:00 AM
link   
reply to post by TeslaandLyne

Originally posted by TeslaandLyne
reply to post by spacevisitor

Are UFOs a problem with the UN.

They will always deny that on public of course.
But here is some more UN-UFO info, perhaps you find it interesting?

www.ufoevidence.org...

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by LogicalThinker
Sounds like either Burisch or Doty spreading their disinformation like usual.

Silly Salla is off course quick to oblige

Is this really Logical Thinking?

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Good find spacevisitor! Thanks for the very interesting info!
Starred and flagged!

But there are a few aspects in this story that don’t add up. Or probably I’m dumb!

UN Briefing: Feb 12, 8 AM
Email sent: February 12, 9:47:00 AM from his friends.

So, in other words, Mike gets an email 47 minutes after the UN briefing commences! What the heck did they discuss in just about half an hour? I thought this emergency meeting, considering its importance and convened at an odd hour, would have run till lunch at least, if not dinner! But half an hour for an Earth shaking event? Is this some kind of a joke?

A date of 2013 was given as the time for official disclosure and/or when extraterrestrials show up in an unambiguous way.
Our source said he could neither confirm nor deny, hint, hint. He stated that an 8AM briefing simply did not happen, unless these was a pressing need.

Why 2013? That’s five long years from now. So why convene an emergency meeting at 8 AM? What was the hurry or ‘pressing need’? And how does he know that extraterrestrials will show up in 2013? Has this already been decided with the so called ‘Galactic Federation’ that he mentioned? That means alien contact with some governments has already happened?

The briefing had to do with calming the nerves of certain nation-states regarding
sightings.

‘Certain’ nation states? How about the ‘nerves’ of the other states? Or do they have nerves of steel? Lol!

In fact, our source stated that the ships are not as big as the ones portrayed
in the film.

Huh? Has he seen them? How is he so sure? Is there contact already?

Importantly, the source revealed that the events leading up to official disclosure will involve more ethically oriented extraterrestrials, and they will not pose a military threat to the world.

So we can pick and choose which ETs we want to interact with? Have these ETs promised to behave and not pose a military threat to us? Have the ETs said so? If not, how can he be so sure?

The Bush boys (Neo-cons) are anxious about being left out of the loop, when Bush
steps down.

What has Bush or his neo-cons to do with it? It would be a national/world policy on disclosure under the mandate of the United Nations. So why would America be left out of the loop?

Our source feels that globalization is an effort to reduced the 200 plus nation-states down to a single entity; at which point, a one world representative body can present itself to a "galactic federation" type council. ...

Good heavens! How does he know that there is a ‘Galactic Federation’ of ET civilizations in the first place? Pure conjecture! Sci-fi! Unless he’s privy to top secret info that we are already in contact with ETs and have decided to do all this after mutual consultations!

Thus, to put it in a nutshell, I don’t bite! This is all a lot of blah!

Cheers!

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 09:18 AM
link   
reply to post by flice

Originally posted by flice
"The more times you repeat something the more true it becomes".

Well, in relation with this phenomena you are absolute right, because for some almost eighty years now, the American government and their Military keep saying again and again and on, that Ufo’s – Extraterrestrials don’t exist, and see what happens, most people believe them.

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by mikesingh

But there are a few aspects in this story that don’t add up. Or probably I’m dumb!

So, in other words, Mike gets an email 47 minutes after the UN briefing commences!

Hi mikesingh, you are absolute no dump, and thanks for your input,
but give me some time to answer.
But is 8 AM to 9:47:00 AM not more then one hour and a halve, or make I a mistake?

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 09:28 AM
link   
The people in power will have disclosure when they are ready.
Clearly, they will pick a date that will minimize disruption to
our political process here in the USA. That's why December 21, 2012
sounds pretty good to me. The election will be over. It's 4 days before
Christmas. Just have the disclosure at the White House and get it
over with so we can move on. Large numbers of high paying jobs
will be created with all of the INCREDIBLE technology available
now to only Majestic 12. We will go to the Moon , Mars and then to
the asteroid belt to get Platinum, Palladium, Gold, Titanium,
Magnesium,Lithium and of course large amount of iron and nickel.
We have the technology and means to go there today. We just
need to stop sitting on this advanced technology.
We need the Gravity Wave Caterpillar Drive today.
The United States of America has the right and responsibility to
protects its secrets but just give us something to work with in 2008.

[edit on 22-2-2008 by Eurisko2012]

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 10:24 AM
link   
So, when (if) contact happens, and is it exposed that the government has been in contact with ETs for years, do they expect society to simply go, "Oh, ok. We understand why you didn't tell us. We forgive you and will continue to trust you." ?! It seems to me that there is no way for the government to expose themselves in such a manner. The only thing that would bring about such 'truths' would be an the possiblity of an extinction level event (natural or by hostile ETs,) then the reaction of the people wouldn't matter.

If the people found out that governments had craft with the capabilities that UFO's are reported to have, advanced power and energy systems etc that they could have been using to save lives, help the environment, improve travel, increase safety, save money, create jobs...the people are going to revolt and no federal level politician will be trusted or be able to stay in power except by force. Either way, bring it on. I'm tired of secrets.

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Why 2013?
That means alien contact with some governments has already happened?

Robert O Dean thought it good be 2012, but if it is 2012, or 2013, or even 2017, there is much reason to believe that there is something coming our way, and it will be in my opinion an Earthshaking event.
Normally in this case, I would say I hope that I am 100% wrong, but something must happen.
Look to our world as it is today.
How small, or more how great, is the chance of WWIII?
And what then happens is as Einstein said, and as that is not Earthshaking what then?

I do no not know how the Third World War will be fought, but I do know how the Fourth will: with sticks and stones.

And alien contact with the US government as said by witnesses has indeed happened.
Look for instance to this interview.

As a young man, Bill Holden served as a steward on board Air Force One, from which he tells a beautiful little story of a short but revealing conversation he had with JFK about UFOs. But that was just the beginning of his experiences. In the years which followed, he was asked to participate several times in small select military groups to encounter alien beings and craft demonstrations in what he believes was a least partly a sort of experiment to assess reactions - a procedure that others have also reported elsewhere. Whatever the reasons, he soon realized that relations between aliens and the US government were both ongoing and extensive.

Source; www.projectcamelot.net...

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wolf321
So, when (if) contact happens, and is it exposed that the government has been in contact with ETs for years, do they expect society to simply go, "Oh, ok. We understand why you didn't tell us. We forgive you and will continue to trust you." ?! It seems to me that there is no way for the government to expose themselves in such a manner.

UNLESS they are given the option of a "Truth-Amnesty" program, ie they get forgiven for all past crimes related to the truth embargo as long as they cough up all the information and technology

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 10:32 AM
link   
When at the Atlantic Coast UFO Conference Steve Bassett said that Disclosure would be soon when pressed he said Spring of 09.

Steve Bassett Paradigm Research Group

e-mail:

[email protected]

X-Conference Gaithersburg, Maryland April 15, 16

www.x-conference.com...

Steve Bassett is also going to speak at the Radnor Memorial Library on Wed. March 19 at 6:30 this is a Mufon meetup group outside Philly in Wayne.

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by spacevisitor

So, in other words, Mike gets an email 47 minutes after the UN briefing commences!

Hi mikesingh, you are absolute no dump, and thanks for your input,
but give me some time to answer.
But is 8 AM to 9:47:00 AM not more then one hour and a halve, or make I a mistake?

Yep! It's a little over an hour and a half. But what I meant was that Mike's source would have required at least an hour to:

> Move out of the hall after the briefing.
> Get to his office/work place.
> Get his notes and stuff together.
> Move to the cafeteria for breakfast and coffee. (Remember, he says he got up around 6 AM so as to reach the UN briefing in time).
> Get back to his office or home.
> Fire up his laptop and commence writing the email to Mike.

So that would have taken close to an hour at least! So that leaves approx 30 minutes which works out to the duration of the conference!

Elementary, Dr Watson!!!

Cheers!

[edit on 22-2-2008 by mikesingh]

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 11:19 AM
link   
It would be really nice if we could get people to use the NEWS tag for NEWS.

Does anyone have anything from a reliable (non-UFO, non-conspiracy, non-disclosure) site about this so-called 'resolution'?

Don't get me wrong. I want to know the truth as much as anyone here, but for Pete's sake what ever happened to critical thinking?

If anyone has info from an impartial (i know, i know) source that doesn't have an agenda in reporting the information, can you please post it?

It always amazes me that in such a skeptical group that believes all governments lie 100% of the time that everyone would believe the tiniest inkling of some make-believe meeting without question.

and yes, somebody DID piss in my post toasties this morning thankyouverymuch!

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by spacevisitor
Is this really Logical Thinking?

Since Michael Salla primarly deals with tales, and this sounds just like a tale one of those would cook up - I would say so, yes. Well, anyone could have made that up.. Just like Serpo.

Don't expect anyone who promotes 'Hidden Truth - Forbidden Knowledge' to even try to use logic though.

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by LogicalThinker
Since Michael Salla primarly deals with tales,

No, he deals with analyzing witness and contactee and whistleblower testimony. And he's quite good at it actually. Have you actually read through any of his stuff?

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by emsed1

If you are referring to my post, the term "resolution" doesn't refer to an UN resolution, but to the request that has been sent to the UN:

On December 16, 2005, a Resolution to establish a United Nations Decade of Contact was formally transmitted to the incoming President of the General Assembly, H.E. Jan Eliasson of Sweden by the Institute for Cooperation in Space (ICIS), a Non-Governmental Organization. President Eliasson was Sweden's Ambassador to the United Nations from 2000 to 2005.

Originally posted by emsed1
It would be really nice if we could get people to use the NEWS tag for NEWS.

I think that the moderation should be left to the mods: if the tags aren't appropriate, the mods are able to handle the issue even without your advice.
If you are NOT referring to my post, then please ignore this message.
Thank you.

[edit on 22/2/2008 by internos]

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join