It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Confirmation & Update on Secret United Nations Meeting Discussing UFOs & Extraterrestrial Life

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+6 more 
posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 10:24 AM
link   
For those interested in the subject.

Source; Andrew Johnson www.checktheevidence.co.uk...

Confirmation & Update on Secret United Nations Meeting Discussing UFOs & Extraterrestrial Life
I recently circulated an article
exopolitics.org:80...
describing a secret meeting that allegedly occurred at the New York office of the United Nations discussing UFOs/extraterrestrial life. The confidential source (A) for the meeting is presently working as a member of the diplomatic community who relayed this information to two New York based researchers, Shawn and Clay Pickering. I am pleased to announce that I have received independent confirmation that the alleged meeting did occur on the morning of February 12, 2008 as Clay's and Shawn's source claimed. I was also given information by an independent source (B), who I believe is very reliable, on what transpired at the meeting. It was claimed that a document had been circulated at the meeting, and was now being relayed to key ministries of many nations for further study and comments.

Forward as you wish. Permission is granted to circulate among private individuals and groups, post on all Internet sites and publish in full in all not-for-profit publications. Contact author for all other rights, which are reserved.

Mod Edit: Big Quote – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 21-2-2008 by Crakeur]

Sorry.

[edit on 21/2/08 by spacevisitor]

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Source; Andrew Johnson www.checktheevidence.co.uk...

This email is a follow up of the UN meeting which took place Tuesday 12, 2008 at 8;00AM.
We met our source 7:00PM, Monday, February 18, 2008. Our source stated the following:

1) The meeting went well; however, our source left with a degree of frustration.

2) The meeting covered various topics. The issue of recent UFO sightings was one of many
topics discussed.

Forward as you wish. Permission is granted to circulate among private individuals and groups, post on all Internet sites and publish in full in all not-for-profit publications. Contact author for all other rights, which are reserved.

[edit on 21/2/08 by spacevisitor]

Mod Edit: Big Quote – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 21-2-2008 by Crakeur]

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by spacevisitor

This is very interesting. What do you know about the reliability of this site? I've visited it a few times, and the owner seems to be a hard-core true believer, along the lines of Greer. To me that means a certain amount of willingness to believe regardless of evidence.

That said, and just based on the information provided, I do not find it far fetched.

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Wow!

If such meetings really are happening in the UN, that should be cause for hope, I guess.

But it'll be even more impressive when they actually put it on TV

As for Salla, he is an expert on analyzing contactee and whistleblower testimony. So, it doesn't surprise me at all that he comes across as a "true believer".

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Will be interesting to see how this plays out.

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by spacevisitor

I promise you that i'll sleuth on this one.

In the meantime, please accept star and flag from me

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 11:28 AM
link   
I see "confirmation" in the title, but am I the only one missing it in the articles?

How about some proof? Anything? You want to be kept anonymous, fine, name some people that were there.

I heard the shuttle was supposed to crash yesterday too...And wasn't something supposed to happen first in 2012? Bullcrap.

[edit on 21-2-2008 by Grey Basket]

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Grey Basket

From the article about 'confirmation"

I am pleased to announce that I have received independent confirmation that the alleged meeting did occur on the morning of February 12, 2008 as Clay's and Shawn's source claimed. I was also given information by an independent source (B), who I believe is very reliable, on what transpired at the meeting. It was claimed that a document had been circulated at the meeting, and was now being relayed to key ministries of many nations for further study and comments.

fwiw.

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Grey Basket

How could anyone provide "proof" if all the participants were thoroughly searched? And things like pens, cell phones, recording devices etc confiscated?

3) Security around the meeting was intense.

4) Everyone was searched. Pens, pins, key chain items were collected and not allowed
in the meeting room. There were multiple security checkpoints. UN security cards
were confiscated upon entering the room.

Conspiracy is the antithesis of Proof....

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Yeah I read about this a couple days back and thought it was pretty interesting... and it kinda falls inline with another post in here about how some AZ firefighters were being trained for "first contact"...
also interesting is that here: www.ufodigest.com...

they mention the "type" of alien and how they actually have a hand in disclosure.

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 11:57 AM
link   
This sounds pretty great to me. The bit about different religions and cultures assimilating with varying problems stikes me as realish. The Chinese are an amazing culture that has stood the test of time by some miracle. I agree that Buddhist and Taoist traditions do not exclude the possibility of extraterrestrial life but more importantly they are set up to include it. Funny because on a PBS stockpicking show (with Sonsuela Mack?) they had an art expert on that said art including the budda would be a good investment.

typical human - I know

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Thank you all so far for your replies.
First of all, I owe you an apologise.
Because I wish I good answer all the questions asks in a small timeframe, but my problem is the English language.
It takes me a lot of time to produce a I hope good reply, so I can’t keep up.
I hope you all have no problem with that.
But I do my best.

Originally posted by Silenceisall
What do you know about the reliability of this site? I've visited it a few times, and the owner seems to be a hard-core true believer, along the lines of Greer. To me that means a certain amount of willingness to believe regardless of evidence.

It is in my opinion a very serious site, and Michael E. Salla and Clay and Shawn Pickering are in my opinion very trustworthy.

Originally posted by MrdDstrbr
As for Salla, he is an expert on analyzing contactee and whistleblower testimony. So, it doesn't surprise me at all that he comes across as a "true believer".

I thinking the same thanks..

Originally posted by Grey Basket
I see "confirmation" in the title, but am I the only one missing it in the articles?

How about some proof? Anything? You want to be kept anonymous, fine, name some people that were there.

I heard the shuttle was supposed to crash yesterday too...And wasn't something supposed to happen first in 2012? Bullcrap.

Well, your answer doesn’t surprise me at all, because everything that has to do with the Ufo or better Extraterrestrial reality is Bullcrap to you.
But that is obviously the reason why I am also one of your many Respected Foes, but try at least to be if possible a bit respectful.

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 12:06 PM
link   
How about these Pickering brothers? Has anyone looked into them?

Honestly I hadn't heard about them before so I searched and found this video on youtube, with them being interviewed and talking about general conspiracies but UFOs in particular. In the video they take Dan Burisch's claims as fact, among other things that made me a little suspicious.

So I'm not really sure what to think or expect of this, but as of now without any other (real) confirmation or corroboration I'm leaning towards a fabricated story.

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 12:07 PM
link   
This would indeed be fascinating if there was anything other than unverifiable anecdotal evidence supporting it.

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by dave420

Anecdotal evidence counts as evidence. Proof, no, but evidence, yes.

Our courts of law accept anecdotal evidence, therefore, I feel, so must we....

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Silenceisall

Are you referring to me (Andrew Johnson) or Michael Salla. if you'd checked more carefully, you could've attributed the post to the correct person - Michael Salla.

Now, when it comes to actual evidence of ET (or non-human) involvement in Human Affairs, it's all over the place. Gordon Cooper's filmed landing in 1955, Mars Data, Starchild Skull etc etc. So, why not separate evidence from the "stories of meetings" discussing these matters, which whilst worth noting and analysing, aren't themselves primary evidence. Do you agree?

[edit on 21-2-2008 by izopen]

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 01:12 PM
link   
I was talking about Sella. I am open-minded, but disclosure has been a long time coming, and I still find it hard to believe that the US is now willing to give it up.

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 01:17 PM
link   
This was up and about in april last year.

Remember that guy Shadow something? He posted something about talks in the UN.
Unfortunately he turned out to be a hoax and the links he gave was for some old story about the UN discussing ETs and encounters on UFO Digest. I wrote Digest to hear about that story and they said someone reposted the story as news but couldn't say why.

Then I tried writing the UN, just to see what they would respond.
From a Danish representative, Michael Starbæk Christensen, I got a message back that translates into the following:

Dear *******,

Thank you for your email. I can inform that there are no current discussions in the UN about "extraterristrial life" or the posibilty of encounters of the third kind.

Kindly

Michael S. Christensen

Then I wrote the information office in Belgium and got a response back that I should try writing to the adress below. Unfortunately they never answered my email

Office for Outer Space Affairs
United Nations Office at Vienna
Vienna International Centre,
P.O. Box 500,
A-1400 Vienna
AUSTRIA
Telephone: +43-1-260 60 4950
Fax: +43-1-260 60 5830
E-mail: [email protected]

MIND YOU... this was 1 year ago, so ofcourse they could have changed stance since then. So, I'll give it one more go and ask about the same thing

It's always interesting to see how they respond if they do.

[edit on 21/2/08 by flice]

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by spacevisitor

Originally posted by Grey Basket

Well, your answer doesn’t surprise me at all, because everything that has to do with the Ufo or better Extraterrestrial reality is Bullcrap to you.

Just like your article, you make up the facts and believe them as you see fit.

Originally posted by spacevisitor
But that is obviously the reason why I am also one of your many Respected Foes, but try at least to be if possible a bit respectful.

I didn't use the word respected.

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 02:17 PM
link   
I wouldn't be pessimist but this "news" didn't appear anywhere over here.Not on the big news sites at least so i don't know what to make about this.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join