It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Significances of Orion

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 09:21 AM
link   
After reading a thread elsewhere on ATS, I came across a piece of information relating to Nibiru, the supposed Planet X that I had never encountered before:

A heavenly body possibly as large as the giant planet Jupiter and possibly so close to Earth that it would be part of this solar system has been found in the direction of the constellation Orion by an orbiting telescope aboard the U.S. infrared astronomical satellite.

Source

If we were, for arguments sake, to entertain the possiblity of the Sumerian Nibiru, and accept that its 3,600 year cycle is linked to cataclysms on Earth, then wouldn't the ancients wish to warn us about it?

This idea is leant more credence by the fact that ancient Egyptian culture was strongly influenced by the earlier Sumerian culture. perhaps its not so far-fetched to consider that the codex (often mentioned in Scott's work) is an example of knowledge passed down from Mesopotamia to Egypt, or knowledge passed down from somewhere to both cultures.

I wonder what Scott and others think of this. Does the layout of the Giza pyramids to reflect Orion's Belt have further connotations than to pinpoint a date (or two) in time, or a cycle? Could the physical Duat that the Egyptians spoke of lie in the region of Orion's Belt, in the form of an undiscovered planet? When the pyramids are spoken of as devices to propel the souls of the Pharoahs to the Afterlife, is their layout as important a clue as any as to precisely where this Afterlife lies?

I realise that much of this idea has been covered before, and please correct any mistakes in my information.

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 09:27 AM
link   
well, look where washington post "nabbed" the news from

but, i actually think i remember reading something about it in an old issue of illustrated science from 84-85 or somewhere around that timeframe. i sadly don't have those magazines anymore, so i can't check up on it.

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Yes, I hope no-one thinks I'm investing much faith in the source of the information regarding the position of 'Nibiru'. The link I posted isn't meant to be the crux of this thread by any means. It's just a link I found elsewhere on ATS that sparked the imagination somewhat. It's all very much speculative.

posted on Feb, 23 2008 @ 04:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Cythraul

Hello Cythraul,

Cythraul: I wonder what Scott and others think of this. Does the layout of the Giza pyramids to reflect Orion's Belt have further connotations than to pinpoint a date (or two) in time, or a cycle?

SC: Yes, I have seen this story before and made comment on it in my first book, The Giza Oracle.

You may be familiar with my Giza Centroid Theory which proposes that the concavities of Khufu and Menkaure are indicative of latent centroids (incetre and circumcentre) and the noticeable diagonal of Khufu and Khafre are indicative of the barycentre centroid? Here's some diagrams showing what I mean:

The Concavities of Khufu and Menkaure:

The Concavities may be indicators to latent centroids. By applying centroids to the 3 main Giza Pyramids produces a triangle of a particular size and orientation.

The Giza Centroid Theory:

The triangle may be a 'pointer' to something on the ground SW of the Giza plateau. Or....

When applying the same technique to the ACTUAL Belt Stars of Orion (as indicated by the main Pyramids), we find the triangle points to a particular star of Orion's Belt - Rho Orionis.

It would be interesting to find out the particular co-ordinates within the Orion constellation this object was detected. How intriguing would it be if it were found that the Giza/Orion Centroid Triangle POINTS to the same location?

Regards,

Scott Creighton

posted on Feb, 23 2008 @ 07:04 AM
link   
Yes, it would be mighty intriguing. Many thanks for your response Scott. I was aware of your centroid theory but it slipped my mind when creating the thread. I have no doubt that you have discovered numerous significances in the pattern of Orion. I think it's fascinating to look at Orion's belt in a more straight-forward, less symbolic way too, and consider the possibility that at the core of all this symbolism, Orion in the sky is quite literally just the location of an important place, object, knowledge or even beings.

I guess time will tell.

posted on Feb, 23 2008 @ 07:35 AM
link   

Hello Cythraul,

I will look into this - see if I can dig up any more information.

Regards,

Scott Creighton

posted on Feb, 23 2008 @ 07:40 AM
link   
When my partner was very young he saw 3 orange balls of light from his bedroom window, they were in a line. Recently he has seen these 3 orange lights again and he thinks they were in the form of Orions belt. He has also had a dream about the plough falling from the skies with lots of ash following. Does this mean anything to anyone?

posted on Feb, 23 2008 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Hello Cythraul,

In the tombs of a number of Pharaohs, Osiris is associated with the star known as hry rmn Sah i.e. the star that is “…under the arm of Sah (Orion)…”

The plot thickens!

Regards,

Scott CReighton

posted on Feb, 25 2008 @ 05:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Scott Creighton

Wow! Great find Scott. I really should start gathering and reading sources in order to spot useful stuff like that. I can't seem to find any further sources on the Internet pertaining to the possibility of an unknown body in the region of Orion, but I'll continue trying.

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Im new here and I am unfamiliar with the authors literature.I visited Giza in 1987 and went inside King Khafre's[?] Pyramid I beleive it was called.It was a narrow crawl to start out with and dimly lit. Once inside the main chamber I was impressed that all the walls and ceiling were SOLID.Not blocks. The acoustics were unlike anything Ive ever heard in my life.HOW did these ancient people get those solid slabs up there like that?It is a question I have always wondered..This visit was one of my true highlights in life...Cairo and Alexandria....so much History.I only hate it was so short.

[edit on 02/22/2008 by RedShirt]

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 09:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Scott Creighton

"In the tombs of a number of Pharaohs, Osiris is associated with the star known as hry rmn Sah i.e. the star that is “…under the arm of Sah (Orion)…”

@Scott
The plot thickens your not kidding.... Lets throw in the masonic angle as well..
Who is HIRAM ABIFF . Wow crazy religious implications .. I wonder
Joe

[edit on 26-2-2008 by Localjoe3]

[edit on 26-2-2008 by Localjoe3]

new topics

top topics

join