It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO Appears to be Flying Behind the Moon

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by theyareoutthere

On the snapshots it looks like it flies into the light emitted by the moon?
Not really sure about this one, as, would it have been a close object when the zoom was on the moon wouldn't this object look more blurred?

I'm not a camera guy

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Dont you hate the people that say, nothing to see here.

It is a 100% UFO unless someone knows what it is, it shall remain so regardless if it was infront or behind the moon.

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by IAttackPeople
This looks to me like something nearby flying out of the darkness, being temporarily illuminated by the moonlight, and returning to the darkness. You know, like bugs flying in and out of the illumination of a streetlight.

I'll call bug. *dives for cover*

Hope you have a *deep* fox-hole

Why I don't think it's a bug: with a street-light you have a directed beam of light, and outside the boundary of this beam, the bug would not be illuminated right?

The moon on the other hand emits light that is not confined to any direction(at least here on the surface of the Earth), so how could it stop being illuminated ?

The only type of "close" object that might cause a similar effect to what you are trying to describe would be a semi-transparent object - something like a cellophane packet/jelly-fish/drinking glass/bottle... perhaps the OP was close to a bar when a fight kicked off ? :p

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 02:52 PM
link   
I dont know if some one all ready said this or even noticed this....on this 5 min version on the same video you can see a similar light or bug or UFO...its on the 12 sec. frame ....
Its gos in the same direction but on the lower part of the moon.... any one explain that?

www.youtube.com...

[edit on 11/27/2007 by serg3smurf]

[edit on 11/27/2007 by serg3smurf]

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Balez
On the snapshots it looks like it flies into the light emitted by the moon?
Not really sure about this one, as, would it have been a close object when the zoom was on the moon wouldn't this object look more blurred?

Balez I agree - at infinity focus, anything close would indeed be completely out of focus. Well spotted!

Perhaps the OP could try a little experiment under similar conditions... with various objects suspended on some string, and swung around at various distances in front of the camera?

I already know what the outcome will be, but it would probably demonstrate to those that think this was a close object, that it was not

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by serg3smurf

The URL contained a malformed video ID.
edit please

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 02:57 PM
link   
there it is sorry ya'll.....look on the 12th-13 sec

www.youtube.com...

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Good catch serg3. It is a much fainter object.

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Good call, I see it too. The angle looks very slightly off compared to the other one, but most importantly IMO, this one does look very out of focus. This is something close to the camera and not a meteor IMHO.

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by serg3smurfon this 5 min version on the same video you can see a similar light or bug or UFO...its on the 12 sec. frame ....
Its gos in the same direction but on the lower part of the moon....

Good eye!

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Wow somebody either has extremely good timing, or extremely bad CG skills.

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by hsur2112

Dont know if u caught what i seen on the other version but check it out....i think it just might be some thing else... But what could it be a reflection of some thing going by the camera?

Here is the link again... on the 12th and 13th sec frame...

www.youtube.com...

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by theyareoutthere

Thanks. I can get current sighting opportunities, but I'm having a hard time getting (previous) ISS sighting opps. for that night, I'll keep trying so that we can either explain it or exclude it as a possibility. Does anyone know how to get previous sighting opportunities.

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 03:16 PM
link   
sorry for the last post....im new here..... and thanks... like that one dude said the video guy had to time some thing just right to make it look like a UFO....notice the Camera "slip off the tri pod" trying to get the right angle maybe?

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 03:17 PM
link   

hsur,

Try using: www.heavens-above.com...

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by C.H.U.D.

Thanks chud and that is the site that I use (as well as humanspaceflight), and can get current info. but I can't get prior sightings (by date/city). Any ideas? It's probably staring me in the face.

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by blowfishdl

The original youtube poster was kind enough to join this thread at our invitation, and I absolutely believe that this is indeed what he filmed. He explained his timing and should NOT be accused of a CGI hoax.

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Hey! Thanks for the link (added to my bookmarks.)
very useful and interesting.

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Strange - it works fine for me... just click on "ISS" on the home page, and the following page then has these options towards the top-right of the page: | Home | Info. | Orbit | Prev. | Next | Help

Then just keep clicking "Prev." till you get to the date you want.

Edit to add - you should change your "home location" to match that of the OP before doing the above.

[edit on 21-2-2008 by C.H.U.D.]

sty

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 04:11 PM
link   

if the object runs on the ISS orbit , the diameter of the object should be about 600 m or greater. My guess- something much closer, like 15000 meters would do it . But in this situation , the speed is still very high - several Mach. Nice puzzle, I will really want to see the hi-res video . Thank u for sharing it with us !

[edit on 21-2-2008 by sty]

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join