It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO Appears to be Flying Behind the Moon

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 10:16 AM
link   
reply to post by theyareoutthere

Can you tell us what city you are in?

I checked on the HumanSpaceFlight site (ISS and Shuttle tracking) and am not having much luck finding past tracking information, only current tracking.

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Motherwolf999

I don't know about anyone else, but the increased number of low grazing meteors and fireballs is just a tad concerning.

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by hsur2112

What increase would that be? Got any data to back up this theory that there has been an increase?

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by C.H.U.D.

Just a general observation chud.

here
here
as well as 2007 tu24, and whatever was over the skies in Texas.

Hey, don't get me wrong. I'm not hiding under my desk or building an underground shelter, it just seems like these things are on the increase.

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Motherwolf999
This is interesting footage, but it has all the indications of an asteroid. We have been experiencing these events the past few days. Nice work.

Near Earth asteroids are being monitored constantly and have often come pretty close. The nearest recently was 2008CT1, which came within 100,000 miles of Earth on February 5. Having said that, they are unlikely to be seen with a small video camera. They are usually very dimly lit and rarely achieve the brightness of the object captured in this video.
Potentially Hazardous Asteroids (PHAs) can be monitored by following the updates given on the Space Weather Website

I'm pretty sure this video captured a transit of the ISS.

WG3

[edit on 21-2-2008 by waveguide3]

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 11:31 AM
link   

OK, that's fair enough hsur... but how long have you been "keeping an eye" on meteor/fireball activity?

I'm afraid one NEO and a couple of fireballs in the space of a few weeks (or even days), does not constitute an increase in activity.

To be honest, I see this all the time - a couple of fireballs, and there is always someone saying "this is not normal" or even "the sky is falling!".

If you actually check to see what rates were like at this time of the year in previous years, you will see that there is nothing unusual. Some years there are more than others, and some years less... If anything this year has been relatively quiet so far!

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by C.H.U.D.
I'm afraid one NEO and a couple of fireballs in the space of a few weeks (or even days), does not constitute an increase in activity.

Correct. There's no more activity this month over last or this year over last.
Every year, the Earth is bombarded by around 40,000 tons of extraterrestrial matter, mainly space dust. However, like all natural things, this stuff varies in size. Most is just dust, some is like a grain of sand and produces the shooting stars everyone sees now and then. Some is bigger like a baseball or so and these produce the fireballs. There's also man-made junk. Over 12 million pounds of man-made space debris has landed on the Earth's surface in the last 40 years.

As for near Earth asteroids, I guess most scientists' attention will be focussed on Apophis, a 300 meter body which will pass close in 2029, but may come even closer seven years later.

WG3

[edit on 21-2-2008 by waveguide3]

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 12:36 PM
link   
So a light in the sky flies overhead whilst someone is filming the Moon? Ooooooo well there you go.. I mean if aeroplanes existed it could be explained by one of those... oh right - they do!!!

sty

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 12:40 PM
link   
just did maths (approximation) - if the object is on the low orbit of ISS , it should have a diameter between 500 and 800 meters.

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 12:43 PM
link   
About that YouTube video...did anyone else notice the artificiality of the 'blocked' Moon in the last part of the clip?

I mean, it was filmed when the Moon was gibbous, then there is an edit, and we see the same object 'seem' to go 'behind'...it goes behind what looks to me like an artificial black circle embedded in the footage!

sty

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by artistoli

lol, i did not think about it ! the aeroplane would do it ! a standard airliner would have that apparent dimension indeed . As the eclipse was something important I beat that more people with telescopes would have data . time will tell it , maybe it is worth searching on the amateur astronomy websites.

[edit on 21-2-2008 by sty]

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 12:47 PM
link   
I watched that satellite the military blasted fly over last night. It was moving at the same speed and was just as bright. I'm willing to bet that's what is shown in this footage.

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 12:58 PM
link   
That was a unconventional craft making its way past the moons horizon. A flying disk for the lack of a better term.

I would bet that the whole satelite target, was a distraction tactic to take the eye off the ball.

[edit on 21-2-2008 by menguard]

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by menguard

Can you prove that? Would you provide some evidence please? Perhaps a close-up shot of the "vehicle"?

Thank you.

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Sleuth

How about personal experiences with unknown crafts and flight patterns that don't match our own. If that isn't proof enough you might not get a better close up of one then that on a live camera, so enjoy it.

In less you are aboard one, then that is a different story.

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by sean
It comes out of the darkness and brightens up as it gets closer to the moon then fades away as it leaves. The sun or moon brightness is reflecting off it, whatever it is.

I'm with you. This looks to me like something nearby flying out of the darkness, being temporarily illuminated by the moonlight, and returning to the darkness. You know, like bugs flying in and out of the illumination of a streetlight.

I'll call bug. *dives for cover*

[edit on 21-2-2008 by IAttackPeople]

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Hurst, TX.

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 01:29 PM
link   
The speeding up of Ions and slowing down is what propells these crafts and slows them down.

They bounce off invisible sub-particle units of matter, electrically charged cells bouncing off one another.

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Sleuth

I made some snapshots from the video. They are posted on youtube at www.youtube.com...

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Could some of the posters please stop with this ridiculing game of theirs?

I find it to be immature behaviour.

As always with videos like these there are alot of theorizing about them.
But the only fact we have is that something was infront of the camera lens.
If it was behind the moon?

Lets wait for the unedited and complete video of this one.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join