It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO Appears to be Flying Behind the Moon

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+15 more 
posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 05:36 AM
link   
Check this out. This is an interesting video of an object that appears to be flying behind the moon. What do you think? Be sure to watch the entire video. I'm no expert, so comments are welcome.

[edit on 21-2-2008 by hsur2112]

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 05:42 AM
link   
You may not be "an expert"
but you took some pretty great footage...

I mean- sure- it could be a shooting star,
but from the speed and angle of the flight...
well... it felt like a UFO to me...

When was this taken- during the eclipse last night?

GREAT WORK!

T Patrick

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 05:46 AM
link   
reply to post by HighDefinitionFilms

I can't take the credit for the footage. I pulled it off you tube this morning. I don't usually like to post videos unless I feel that they merit discussion as this one does.

The footage was taken on 2/18/08, so not during the eclipse.

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 06:02 AM
link   
Although I can't say what this is it sure looks cool. Great find! I'll click the star for that!

sty

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 06:12 AM
link   
if not a fake , this object must be at least the size of a huge city! However, the resolution is not good enough to tell if the vid. is faked or not.

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 06:18 AM
link   
reply to post by hsur2112

I gave you S & F, well done.

I think that the best thing to do is to invite the guy who filmed the UFO here: there's a lot of questions to pose in these cases.
Anyway, this is a very good find, IMHO.

[edit on 21/2/2008 by internos]

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 06:24 AM
link   
reply to post by internos

I'm on it. I will send him a message and will update if/when I get a reply.

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 06:33 AM
link   
reply to post by hsur2112

If this is not a fake it truly is a great find hopefully the maker of this vid can come here and discuss it with us.

Star And Flag!

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 06:38 AM
link   
A lesson in light is due here...

Have you ever tried holding a thin obejct between your eyes and the sun? Well try it...

What you'll notice is that the lights seems to eat away some of the object.
Light doesn't radiate out in 1 path only, it radiates out in all directions. So what you are seeing is the ligth from everywhere else in the moon than the area covered by the object that overshines it...

Nothing to see here... really... do the test I talked about, then complain.

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 06:44 AM
link   
There is no evidence that anything was flying behind the moon here...

The moon is a relatively bright object, and a modest meteor entering the atmosphere would be lost in the glare of the moon if it passed in front. There is no contrast between one light and another, so you would expect to see this if it was a meteor. That is almost certainly what has been captured here.

Notice how the meteor starts out dim/invisible, and then burns out? If it was a "UFO" why would it do that? wouldn't it remain the same brightness?

If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck...

Edit: flice beat me to it while I was typing!

[edit on 21-2-2008 by C.H.U.D.]

sty

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 06:46 AM
link   
reply to post by C.H.U.D.

I did think about it too , but watch the second part of the video! I guess a higher resolution of the video would tell us more..

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 06:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by flice
A lesson in light is due here...

Have you ever tried holding a thin obejct between your eyes and the sun? Well try it...

What you'll notice is that the lights seems to eat away some of the object.
Light doesn't radiate out in 1 path only, it radiates out in all directions. So what you are seeing is the ligth from everywhere else in the moon than the area covered by the object that overshines it...

Nothing to see here... really... do the test I talked about, then complain.

What we need to know is HOW this has been filmed:
And NOT, no lessons from you are needed, at least by me, dude.

[edit on 21/2/2008 by internos]

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 06:52 AM
link   
I sent a message to the youtube poster with a link to this thread.

One extra line.

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 06:54 AM
link   
reply to post by sty

I did watch the second part of the video - but that says nothing, apart from "information that was not recorded in the first place can not be conjured out of nowhere by a bit of post-processing"

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 07:18 AM
link   

Was just trying to help you from wasting your time on chasing something that isn't there...

The object does not fly behind the moon.... it flies in front and could be anything.

What happens in between the object and you / camera is an extreme amount of glare.
Making it appear as the object disappears.

[edit on 21/2/08 by flice]

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 07:38 AM
link   
reply to post by flice

If the object did indeed fly in front of the moon, it seems to me that there would be some evidence of that in the latter part of the footage.

IMHO, there is not enough evidence to say with 100% certainty that this is in front of the moon.

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 07:43 AM
link   
Sigh... the guy is screening comments on the youtube vid. That doesn't quite impress me with seriousness.

Even big objects get eaten up by light...

Anyways, have fun with your chase.

[edit on 21/2/08 by flice]

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 07:48 AM
link   
reply to post by flice

Flice, i'd say that it's a little bit too soon to jump to conclusions, and by the way, my answer was referring to the "lesson" facet of your answer:
i appreciate the people who wants to learn, as i appreciate many of your posts, but to talk about "lessons" is misplaced to say the least because you don't know with who you're discussing.

Now, did you spot the shape of the object in question while crossing the Moon? I mean between the camera and the Moon? If yes, please post the screenshot here, so we can put this one to rest, if not, further investigations are needed, IMHO. The fact that the light **may** have covered the object's shape is NOT a conclusive proof, it's just a (valuable) hypothesis, IMHO.

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 07:55 AM
link   

Sorry... using the word "lesson" was wrong. But I wanted to offer an explanation to why it disappears.
I learned this when I was quite young, holding a spoon up against a midday sun in the summer. The light ate away the shaft of the spoon and I was amazed.
Later on I learned about the reason through photography school.

Given that the background is so contrasty you could infact make a small object disappear against the moon. Even more than on a mid day in summer

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 07:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by hsur2112
If the object did indeed fly in front of the moon, it seems to me that there would be some evidence of that in the latter part of the footage.

No, there wouldn't necessarily be any evidence.

Take this example for instance: If you look up at the sky around noon on a clear sunny day, can you see a dim star? No you can't... but it does not mean the star is not there, it's simply lost in the glare!

Originally posted by hsur2112
IMHO, there is not enough evidence to say with 100% certainty that this is in front of the moon.

No, you could not say with 100% certainty, but which do you think makes more sense... a city sized UFO passing behind the moon, or a meteor (many of which can be seen every night) passing in front?

That's not to mention that it looks and behaves like a meteor!

Ever heard of Occam's razor?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join