It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is this in my wifes picture

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 03:39 AM
link   
My wife likes to take photo's of sunrises/sunsets. I came across this picture after the last set were downloaded and wondered what people thought?

I'm not saying it's a ghost/spirit I'm just asking what could it be, as there are obviously lots of people here with a lot of knowledge in the subject.

Offsite Picture

Thank you

edit for typo

[edit on 21/2/2008 by Winstoned]

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 04:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Winstoned

Hi Winstoned,
Lets eliminate the obvious - how 'cold' was that night (Temp)?(breath), does your good lady smoke cigarettes? any other smoke emissions i.e. garbage burning, bbq fired up?

Just asking, proccess of elimination and all that, to start with.

H

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 04:34 AM
link   
My first gut instinct when I viewed that picture was that it was hair over the camera lens. Does your wife have long black hair? Slightly curly?

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 04:58 AM
link   
Looks like illuminated breath or smoke. Your wife was using flash, so that will exagerate any hazy substance that the light falls on.

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 05:05 AM
link   
Interesting. To me that doesn't look like smoke at all, but rather hair directly over the lens brightly illuminated from behind.

Now, I am no professional photographer. In fact, I am a pretty horrible photographer. I screw up pictures all the time. This is where I am basing my findings on.

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 05:53 AM
link   
I'd go with it being her breath, I get that all the time if I'm not paying attention to it while shooting in the cold.

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 06:00 AM
link   
That i believe is a the forming of a ghost.....

i did some research and here is a two interesting pics i got for you!

Compare these with the one your wife took...

I`ff the sky turns purple and oranje colour, almost like a thunderstorm take pictures with a normal flash! They say it is called when spirits collide,
i have done it and when you look at the photo around you appears orbs!
It was really cool still got the pictures!

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 06:00 AM
link   
I would tend to agree with the others, but ...

There is a picture of me from one of those mini-polaroid things, and it appears as if there is an angelic (winged and relative to my size) creature behind me with the same white smoky look. It isn't smoke or breath, but I was much further away from the camera.

I would check the temperature that night, then see if she can repeat it.

If it is a digital camera, see if she can set it to take several pictures in sequence, most do have this feature, and try it on a morning of similar temperature and humidity.

As others said, it is for verification ... not for ATS, but for yourselves as well.

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 06:05 AM
link   
It appears to be very close to the lense, rather than off in the distance.

This would put smoke/breath in the forefront for an explaination.

I would be inclined to go with breath rather than smoke as it does appear to be somewhat 'cool' in the picture, that coupled with the time the photo was taken.

Were there any other shots taken that night that can be used for comparison?

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 07:34 AM
link   
That is a ghost... I live in an old Indian Reservation and I took 3 pictures last summer that resemble this, I dont smoke and it wasnt the cols because it was summer. I can go out on my front porch, take a picture, and at times I have goteen 30 or more orbs in 1 pic!!! Thaey are everywhere where I live... the 3 pics that I took that are similar to your ones I refuse to post because I think someone will steal them and claim they took them... 1 of them shows a face with 2 hands besise it like the person was coming out of the hands.. it looks like my grandfather.. who commited suicide in the pit in the back of our house... good pic's...

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 08:37 AM
link   
Thank you for your answers.

To answer some questions, My wife has shoulder length dark hair, she does smoke, but doesn't think she was smoking at the time. The pictures were taken between Dec and Feb of this year so it probably was cold.

For comparison here are the

Before picture

and

After picture

Thank you for your replies.

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Nice sunsets

Must be nice to see such a pretty sky, at least when you don't think you see ghosts!

I wish I could help more, but, it appears one of those strange anomalies that can be neither proved nor disproved.

Instead of using the word para-normal, I will just say extra-ordinary

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 09:30 AM
link   
great sunset, im gonna agree with everyone else i think it's smoke. the before picture looks like an AT&T comercial
more bars everywere or something like that haha.

top topics

join