It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A feeling like you are waiting for something???

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2008 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Since we have a poster who is trying to link dream pieces together, I'll throw out the odd dreams that I and my wife have had in order to see if these pieces help or if they just help to confirm that we're both cracked in the head.

1. My wife has a recurring dream where the sky folds back off of itself..like a two sided page where the pages get turned away from each other starting at the corners. In this dream, she sees the land around here completely void of vegetation at the beginning and then as she watches the ground, life begins again...small shoots of growth begin to appear and everything grows up around her.

2. Second recurring dream that my wife has experienced is where she is sitting on the top of a small hill looking down a long driveway. Interestingly enough, they have just completed building a long driveway up a hill towards 34 acres of land that they are trying to sell behind our own property. While she is sitting on top of this hill, looking down, she sees the same thing as in the first dream, where the vegetation was completely void but now starts to grow up around her.

Now for my cracked up dreams. For some reason, I keep getting biblical stuff shouted at me. It's always the same voice and I can't tell if it is male or female. The shouting is very, very loud, very repetative and it has a tremendous sense of urgency with it that when I awaken from it, my heart is pounding and I feel like I need to jump on a go somewhere. The problem is.. I have no clue where I'm supposed to be going. lol

1) In the first dream, there was a talking woodchuck. I know.. pretty cracked. Anyway.. the woodchuck wore a tophat (please don't have me committed yet..lol) and stood upright. On one side of him there was a litter of baby kittens, on the other side of him there was a litter of baby woodchucks. He looked iright at me and said "X number will be saved, while X number will perish". I use the X becuase I can't remember the numbers he used. They were very large numbers, however the number of the saved was not nearly as large as the number that would perish.

2) This dream involved a very old piece of parchment highlighted around one phrase. "And Paul forsake his genitals". And the voice came and said "This is commonly believed to be abstinence, but it actually meant castration. The the voice begin shouting Diana, Diana, Diana, Diana, Diana until it faded out. Of course, this sent me on the path of reading about Ephesus, Paul and the Temple of Diana. Now, trust me.. I don't spend a lot of time pondering the genital situation of biblical figures, so this one really threw me for a loop.

3) Shortly after reading about Ephesus and the Temple of Diana, I had a dream where I was shown what I believe to be the "image that fell from Jupiter". It was a massive stone obelisk with all sorts of wierd cravings in it. I saw it only briefly before the voice started shouting Ephesus, Ephesus, Ephesus.. while it was shouting I had the sensation of falling very deep into the ground underneath where the temple at Ephesus stood.

4) One dream, I had my deceased grandmother's face zoome in very closely, but her voice was not hers.. it was the voice from the rest of the dreams. She shouted at me: "Be nice to all people... even though it may be hard to see, everyone has the blue light".

5) The last dream that I had occurred only two nights ago. I kept being shown a copy of a very old Bible (not sure which version) and the voice was shuoting at me Ruth, Ruth, Ruth, Ruth! Of course, I perused the story of Ruth in the Bible (KJV) but can't make heads nor tails as to why this would be important.

Well, there you guys have it. I'll be waiting for the nice, young men in their clean, white coats to come for me now.

posted on Feb, 23 2008 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Apsaroke

And yes...we both have ringing of the ears. I always attributed to some kind of tinitus but seeing the references here was interesting.

Yes i have to agree with the possibility this is tinitus of some sort
I get it too... hate when it happens while I'm driving only because I get a little zoned out by it
I'm sure most of us have heard the saying "when your ears ring, it means someone is talking about you"
I've heard that since i was just a pup so I think it also may be a very common occurrence

side note: Anyone else have trouble logging in today
I had to request a new password several times just to change my password
Smells like someone phishing...

[edit on 23-2-2008 by Numb2itall]

posted on Feb, 23 2008 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Guys I just read this thread and I cannot tell you how much all you guys have in common with me.

To start, this feeling that I'm waiting for something started about 7 years ago and now it's almost like it is about to reach a climax in which the way we live will be changed drastically. This feeling also comes with an intuition that much much fighting will accur before peace comes.

It's unbelivable that you guys mention sleep paralysis because this occured to me at a very young age i believe 8. Now the shadow people. Here's something I've never shared with anyone before but for some reason this has stayed very vivid in my mind, while nothing else during that time is rememerable by me. Anyway the event accured when I was sleeping over my grandmother's house. I was having this horrible dream which I knew was a dream but couldn't wake up from it. Being that I was sleeping next to my grandmther's bed she must have noticed that I was terrified and I was awaken by what I did not know, but here's the bizarre part. All I could do was abserve as my grandmother tried to get rid of this pitch black entity the size of a dog which I could feel was on my back, then all I remember was the entity running away from the room as my grandmother chased after it. Then I just blacked out and that's all I rememeber.
Now this was a house that did not have any animals on it or anything. I don't know why I never asked her about this because seriously I never cared for it untill I read you guy's experiences. I was also a strong sleep walker.

Lastly, recently I had this dream that out of all of the dreams I've ever had EVER this one had an effect on me as if it meant something, and it was also the most vivid dream I've ever had. I couldn't even go back to sleep after it for fear of " forgeting it " because as I said this dream had meaning to me for some reason. Now I'm not a big Alien fanatic at all so I don't believe that it could have been due to thinking about it cause frankly I dont. And I've never had an Alien related dream before.
Anyway the dream was very short but it seemed much longer. In the dream I'm standing in the street at night with about 5 or 6 other people and I can remember that we were on the run, from what I do not know, and for some reason we were carrying guns, when all of a sudden I look straight into a girl in my group and she puts one of her hands over her mouth and points to the night sky. When I look up I see an armada of saucer like ships invading earth one after onother in immense numbers, then right before I wake up this phrase comes and sinks into my head " We were so unprepared ". This is weird because never has anything let alone a whole phrase been stamped in my memory with this much meaning before.

Wow it feels great to share this with others.

posted on Feb, 23 2008 @ 09:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Albert Wesker

I had a dream a few weeks ago similer to yours.
I dream that there were many many ufo's in the sky. They were flying very low.
This dream was in color and the ships were oval shaped with a flat bottom and the top was silver and the bottom was blue. There were so many of them.
In my dream there were people running and sceaming.
I looked up into the sky and I couldn't believe what I was seeing.
There was a blue beam of light coming down from the ships and the beams were hitting house's and I could see the houses exploding .
There was fire all around me and people running for their lives.
As I said this dream was in vivid color and I woke up and couldn't get it off my mind all day.
I keep a journal and I wrote the desription of my dream and I drew a picture of what the ships looked like.
This dream happened before the Stephanville lights.
I've always had dreams that come true.
Ever since I had this dream I've had this strong feeling that something big is about to happen.

posted on Feb, 23 2008 @ 09:59 PM
link   
I also have this feeling that something big is on the horizon. Interestingly enough the ships in my dream were also colored blue at their bottom, considering the fact that the bottom of the ship was everything I could see as far as the ship are concerned. Might be just coincidence but given the effect this dream had on me I think perhaps theres something to it.

posted on Feb, 23 2008 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Oh my gosh!

The ships in your dream were blue on the bottom?

I don't think this is a coincident.

There are many people having dreams like this now.

Maybe the dreams are warnings to all of to prepare for something.
I just don't know what to do as far as preparing though.

Maybe it's not something that we can prepare for at all, just be ready when it happens.

posted on Feb, 23 2008 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Numb2itall
Has anyone ever had I guess you could call them prophetic dreams?
I have these really vivid dreams and then a really long period will pass (usually about a year or so) by that time I forget most of the dream but then... everything in the dream occurs in real time and it sort of feels like Deja Vu ...

My dreamworld has been an incredible place of . . I guess fun is the best word I can use for it, and most definitely a place of escape from this matrix-like, hellish day world of politically-induced disillusionment and pain. I have been curious as to why I seem to visit several places in "dreams" which are always the same (a certain house, for example, which will seem totally familiar during the astral experience, yet is not one I've lived in during this life, nor recall having visited). I had thought of a bedside journal, as well, but I notice in the mornings that the dream experience dissolves and fades away -- almost as if watching it do so, somehow -- within seconds of my becoming conscious.

Seems that if it was just subconscious sorting of mental files (dreaming) that the same places (and it seems some of the same people -- whom I don't know in this life, tho sometimes I do) would not recur, especially not for years at a time. Not every night, maybe once every few weeks, sometimes months, but recurring environments while dreaming, nevertheless. Maybe it is every night, I can't even be certain, as I'm thinking about it more, now; once I'm awake, the whole thing is gone in 60 nanoseconds.

I also have an unusually deep discomfort with and a strong us-against-them sort of innate reaction to Greys (the very existence of which cannot even be substantiated, as far as I know), which this discussion of unknown imminence reminded me of, for some reason. .

posted on Feb, 24 2008 @ 04:07 PM
link   
I posted WAY back in this thread. What a great discussion!

I'd like to propose a theory about the feeling of "waiting" that we all seem to share.

What if it's programmed into our genetics? Not just OUR genetics, but a certain percentage of every generation feels this way. Some of us always feel like we're waiting for something. The biological purpose of this is that IF something DID happen, some of us would be better "programmed" for dealing with the new world.

This would suggest that, although we all feel this way, it doesn't mean that something is actually going to happen. It's just a part of the global organism designed to help us survive the unforeseen.

m4yh3m

posted on Feb, 24 2008 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by m4yh3m
I posted WAY back in this thread. What a great discussion!

I'd like to propose a theory about the feeling of "waiting" that we all seem to share.

What if it's programmed into our genetics? Not just OUR genetics, but a certain percentage of every generation feels this way. Some of us always feel like we're waiting for something. The biological purpose of this is that IF something DID happen, some of us would be better "programmed" for dealing with the new world.

This would suggest that, although we all feel this way, it doesn't mean that something is actually going to happen. It's just a part of the global organism designed to help us survive the unforeseen.

m4yh3m

That's an interesting concept you got there. What I also find interesting is that we are starting to have this feeling an getting stronger now that the world seems to be so close to catastrophy considering conflicts of the superpowers, corrupt goverments, and the manipulation and control of humanity through the NWO, the RFID chip for example.
Remember people at any secound hell could brake loose. All it takes is a terrorist attack be it whoever, our goverments whoever, in the US soil and Martial Law WILL be declared taking away all our freedoms. It's not a myth its a damn fact and we have laws that will allow this, and the public isn't even aware. If that's not proofe that we have became sheeps that I don't know what is!!!
MANY concentration camps have been built here I wonder WHY!!!

posted on Feb, 24 2008 @ 07:23 PM
link   
"That's an interesting concept you got there. What I also find interesting is that we are starting to have this feeling an getting stronger now that the world seems to be so close to catastrophy"

Thanks. The more I think about it, the more I think someone could write a great thesis on this subject.

m4yh3m

[edit on 24-2-2008 by m4yh3m]

posted on Feb, 24 2008 @ 08:23 PM
link   
I'm glad someone suggested that it was genetic programming. It does make sense from a scientific perspective. A "survival of the species" type thing. Now the rational part of my mind can fight the intuitive side.

posted on Feb, 25 2008 @ 12:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by universalconsciousness

Originally posted by Sovereign797
My personal feeling is that civilization as we know it is going to collapse. What that means I really don't know, but I just feel like we're going to be fending for ourselves soon.

This is part of the feeling that I have, the collapse of civilization, and I think we will see it in the years to come.

Originally posted by Orion_grey
I feel the exact same way waiting for something - i'm 31 and have always felt that my true purpose or role has yet to be revealed to me.

I too feel this, I thought I was just being a bit mad thinking this, glad there are others out there feeling the same things.

Originally posted by Harman
Reading up on everything on the internet didn't do me much good in this aspect so the whole 2012 thing really hit a chord inside of me.

The whole 2012 thing is probably the main thing that makes me think most about the feelings i'm having, maybe this what we are waiting for.

I heard in a video about the 2012 theory that we are all here to witness the events to come.

Atleast there is not long to wait to find out if 2012 is what we are waiting for.

more thoughts please.

I also agree!!!!!!!! I am 39, and the feeling of ergency increases every year. I do not know what it is or what is going to happen, I just have the sense that it is going to be big and soon!!!!!!

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 02:05 PM
link   
John Mayer

"Waiting On The World To Change"

Me and all my friends
We're all misunderstood
They say we stand for nothing and
There's no way we ever could

Now we see everything that's going wrong
With the world and those who lead it
We just feel like we don't have the means
To rise above and beat it

So we keep waiting
Waiting on the world to change
We keep on waiting

It's hard to beat the system
When we're standing at a distance
So we keep waiting

Now if we had the power
To bring our neighbors home from war
They would have never missed a Christmas
No more ribbons on their door
And when you trust your television
What you get is what you got
Cause when they own the information, oh
They can bend it all they want

That's why we're waiting
We keep on waiting

It's not that we don't care,
We just know that the fight ain't fair
So we keep on waiting

And we're still waiting
We keep on waiting waiting on the world to change
One day our generation
Is gonna rule the population
So we keep on waiting

We keep on waiting

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 04:03 PM
link   
^ That's a good song! Teehee.

Well, I sort of know how the OP feels. I don't think it's anything supernatural, more like a natural human tendency. I agree with the poster who said the high-stress environment we are living in may make us feel like we're on edge. My idea is also that we are sick of routine which is essentially what our lives are (wake up, work/school, eat, sleep) and that we're just waiting for something epic to change it.

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 12:23 AM
link   
RE: The feeling of waiting.
I have come to believe that my deep anticipation of an impending change is in part a wish for a chance to start over. I used to collect bottle water bottles and keep supplies I thought I might need. I spent a year studying medicinal plants. I disconnected from the electricity and gas. I learned to cut wood and used a wood stove. I rigged my home to run off my car battery so I had light and radio at knight when I got home from work.

In 1997 he city where I live broke into my house while I was at work and took my dog. The land owner drilled holes through my walls and put pad locks on my doors. I'm still homeless now living in a tin shed. I steal borrow bandwidth and do do jobs....

I'm still waiting.

754 characters

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 01:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sativarg
RE: The feeling of waiting.
I have come to believe that my deep anticipation of an impending change is in part a wish for a chance to start over. I used to collect bottle water bottles and keep supplies I thought I might need. I spent a year studying medicinal plants. I disconnected from the electricity and gas. I learned to cut wood and used a wood stove. I rigged my home to run off my car battery so I had light and radio at knight when I got home from work.

In 1997 he city where I live broke into my house while I was at work and took my dog. The land owner drilled holes through my walls and put pad locks on my doors. I'm still homeless now living in a tin shed. I steal borrow bandwidth and do do jobs....

I'm still waiting.

754 characters

man, thats deep i really feel for you. This change will happen, it is undeniable!

posted on Mar, 1 2008 @ 01:07 AM
link   
I have been watching this thread from the get go... originally I thought since it was in the "Dreams and Predictions" area that it would draw some really vocal critics and decided not to post up at the beginning. Glad that it hasn't turned into a flame-fest. Now that I have decided to jump in here, I have to just get a few things out.

I'm really not sure where to begin, but alot of the things being said here makes the hair on the back of my neck stand up.
There is just something about that tingly feeling that is bizarre, you all know that feeling right?
That feeling is really what made me wonder... and contribute.

I remember getting that feeling quite frequently when I was a small child, almost totally at random. I also remember that when I was around 6 or 7 years old I was staying up late one night in the summer (and late was 10:00 for me) when I wandered outside.. just to look up at the stars. I was outside for awhile, just looking around... and I remember feeling this overwhelming sense of someone watching me, I was frightened and ran back inside. I can't explain it, but it was there... so I had thought.
Later that night while lying in bed, I had a frightening experience with a "shadow person" and up until now that term was new to me.
What you are saying accurately describes it, for the most part. I pretty much dismissed it, up until now. And now I'm in my 30's, with a decent life and some strange occasions that not many people know.

Man, all of this may seem as jibberish... but the memories are flowing so please bear with me.

As I grew a few years older I would get that feeling only at night when I was outside... we lived on the outskirts of town then, so there weren't many people around but I always had this funny feeling of being watched. Sometimes when I would just go outdoors at night just to see if I felt like I was being watched. At some point in time.. I had realized that this fear of the night is normal for the human species, so I went on extended outings to see if I could invoke that feeling again. Not much ever came from that, but it all turned around when I was standing outside and saw a bright streak across the sky... and the dreams began.

Recurring dreams, not the same one over though, these change... but the topics and sense of urgency remain. I don't feel free to go into detail on these now, but if there is interest from some of you, I will be glad to answer questions in a private matter.

Now that I have strayed so far from the OP, let me get back to the jist of this topic.
Since my early 20's I have felt I have been waiting for something... it comes to me in dreams, in this waking life and while I'm asleep... in whatever dimension, it seems import enough for me to question why. A few things I have said in jest to close friends have been enough for me to know I'm not alone.

If I just would have gone to that airshow when the thunderbird went down..... well that is another story entirely.

With interest, in time.
I'm waiting, patiently with curiosity,
T-9

posted on Mar, 1 2008 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Great thread. I also have had some dreams. And been "shown" things, which is kind of like getting a visual answer, or sometimes the answer to something I am wondering about just comes as a "Knowing." Whether these are objective truths or just what I need to be told to do my part I have no idea.

I too feel that something is happening. I wouldnt even say at this stage that it feels like a "waiting" it feels like a ball has already started rolling, and is picking up speed.

I personally do not feel it is the "end of the world." I think it is the "end of the world as we know it." I think what is happening is really the beginning of a mass (collective) awakening. I dont believe "one" messiah is coming back to save us, not in an external fashion, but what I feel is going on is that the ONE, the Source, God, whatever you want to call it, is going to manifest in ALL of Us. That we will REAL-ize that we are in fact all the "sons and daughters of God" and not separate at all, nor have we ever been, that the idea of separation was always an illusion. I feel that the idea of separateness itself, including the separation that is Time, and Space, will cease to be "real" for us. (The end of Days, in the bible, and the end of the Mayan calender are more I feel about the concept of time than physical destruction)

I think the fact that the world is in a crisis point is just part of the awakening process. In individuals, people change when they have to. I think it is like that collectively as well. The crisis is only to provide an inspiration for us all to wake up.

Just my version of whats going on.

posted on Mar, 1 2008 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by OptionToChoose

I have been curious as to why I seem to visit several places in "dreams" which are always the same (a certain house, for example, which will seem totally familiar during the astral experience, yet is not one I've lived in during this life, nor recall having visited).

I have had that dream several times. I am somewhere really cool, an environment I love, like the seashore, or a forest, and I have a house there. And it is the house of my dreams, and it is mine. And somehow in the dream I know I have always had it, it was always mine, but for some reason I had forgotten it, and was living in a less nice house. In my dream I always wonder how I could have forgotten this beautiful house and why the heck I had been away from it so long.

I personally think that that is what this world will be like when we wake up. It will be like that "cool house" we always had, but had forgotten about, and the way we live now will be that "other" less nice house.

Down the checklist, yes to the high pitched noise in the ears more frequently lately and for no "noise related" reason. (my hearing is perfect and I dont listen to anything loud)

Yes to the lifelong feeling of......Something.

Yes to the feelings of needing to be "skilled" in self sufficiency.

Yes to the odd encounter with the "night terror" whatever it was.

Odd really, that we all feel so similarly, and have had so many of the same "things" happen. Well, not odd, in light of the whole Oneness thing, I suppose. But odd compared to our current understanding of what we are.

Edit: I wonder if all the "blue" associated with Ships, (earthy or otherwise) and all the other apocalyptic dreams some have been having might be a warning about project Blue Beam. For whatever reason, project Blue Beam worries me, and I am not a true conspiracy junkie. But something like that could indeed interrupt the "waking up" process, by pitting us against "others" and creating fear when we most need to accept ourselves and one another to realize Oneness. Just whatever you do, dont let fear win. Fear is the only thing to fear, in a manner of speaking. That was shown to me in a dream, that the struggle "against" What IS is what creates the "problem."

I think we will all KNOW what to do whenever it happens. The trick will be not to give in to the fear, and DO it.

[edit on 1-3-2008 by Illusionsaregrander]

posted on Mar, 1 2008 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by universalconsciousnessget your hands on some good 25 the cloud will clear up or dmt careful and godspeed

:w:

[edit on 1-3-2008 by hosta420]

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join