It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A feeling like you are waiting for something???

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by MurderCityDevil
one thing ive noticed is with people who have this feeling of waiting for something almost 90% of them have had "shadow people" encounters

do all of you have that same experience?

if so what?

Ive had shadow experiences but Im not waiting, maybe just for my food when i go to eat

I have. Funny you mention that connection. What does it mean???

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by DigitalGrl

I think you are off base, and are misreading what this thread is about.

This is not about some Personal Prophecy per say, but a 'worldwide event Prophecy' that has no name, and has no specific description. Maybe the thread needs to get moved, but I don't think so.

To the OP...
Personally, ever since I was young I have been 'waiting' for 'IT' to happen, whatever it is. I have even wondered if I was having future visions, or just remembering Hollywood stereotypes and plot devices. Honestly though, when I was younger I had a feeling of 'destiny' that seemed to weigh heavily upon me. I have never been able to pin it down, but have been able to ease the 'burden' some. I do find that if I search to hard for 'IT' and it's meaning, I tend to find information that further burdens me, but doesn't lead me where I want.

DocMoreau

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by MurderCityDevil

Yeah i have had sleep paralysis (en.wikipedia.org...) but i'm taking hanging on to the medical explanation with that one
. And i had a best shadow friend when i was young that always took me to my dreamworld where i could choose my dreams going through a tube with several doors. I miss him

[edit on 21-2-2008 by Harman]

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 04:18 PM
link   

one thing ive noticed is with people who have this feeling of waiting for something almost 90% of them have had "shadow people" encounters

if so what?

Ive had shadow experiences but Im not waiting, maybe just for my food when i go to eat

now that is weird, there has been quite a few times where i have seen these so caled "shadow people" or so i have thought, thought that it could be my eyes playing tricks at times but on the odd occasions i believe 100% that i have seen something that shouldnt be there, never really thought about it much, i have read up on the phenomena but didnt really think it had anything to do with the feelings i have about waiting for something, maybe there is some sort of connection??

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 04:22 PM
link   

One of the first times I mediated I feel I had an encouter with SOMETHING that maybe could be related to shadow people. They seemed very dark in my mind and one even manifested istelf (or it was jut a regular person) and tried to break into our house while we were sleeping. Whether it was a shadow person for sure, I just don't know. I do know that whatever it was, and whatever they 'showed' me, scared me or was just too much for my brain to handle as I lost my cookies and went a little nuts for a few days. I imagine that what I learned during that 'blank time' was in some way a precursor to whats to come. The dread I feel also has a little to do with my life situation as I have many personal issues that can give me anxiety so I dont even think that my anxiety is related to this experience and may not even be the same feelings that I feel when I feel like 'I'm waiting.'

I hope all that makes sense. I write what I'm thinking and sometimes i t can be disjointed and not make sense to the person who is reading it.

Tela

[edit on 2/21/2008 by Telafree]

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by universalconsciousness

At the age of 3 I'd go around telling people how "the world was ending". Some would turn pale white, some would be shocked and some would dismiss my words as a child already being programed by the church. However my family was not a religious family. I wasn't sent to church. I was born with the knowledge that the world would have a major change "end and beginning" in my life time.

From the best of my abilites to disern that date is in fact 2012 and the surounding time.

Tragic thing is although I am very sharp and often ahead of the curve, and although I am in full awareness of how real what I have to say is, I have found it is useless outside myself.

2012, just enjoy the show!

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 04:24 PM
link   

if so what?

Can you describe what you mean by shadow people?

_Orion

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Orion_grey

Orion...

Strange Dreams??? YES!!! It is recurring and is SOOOOOO weird. I am in a house, not my house, some house I have never been in before. There are people there that I do not know and every once in a while I am watching people, people in clothes from many different eras, walking by outside. They are coming from a hillside next to the house. I go and check outside and cannot see where they are coming from. When I return into the house, these people continue to come out of nowhere walking by. They do not seem right - the light on them is not right. They are expressionless, like in a trance. I sense that the people in the house with me are scared and nervous and they are angry that I continue to go outside - like they are afraid of being seen or caught. I awake right after this next event ---- I realize that there is a portal outside, a time portal and people from other dimensions are passing through it going toward something. I am trying to tell these other people about the portal but I am always woken up by my wife... I am talking aloud in my sleep about this portal, to the point of raising my voice, almost shouting. Same dream... always the same damned dream. Been going on now for about 5 or 6 months, 2 or 3 times a week.

Any ideas? I can't fathom it. Too much stress at work maybe???

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by kozmo
reply to post by Orion_grey

Orion...

Strange Dreams??? YES!!! It is recurring and is SOOOOOO weird. I am in a house, not my house, some house I have never been in before. There are people there that I do not know and every once in a while I am watching people, people in clothes from many different eras, walking by outside. They are coming from a hillside next to the house. I go and check outside and cannot see where they are coming from. When I return into the house, these people continue to come out of nowhere walking by. They do not seem right - the light on them is not right. They are expressionless, like in a trance. I sense that the people in the house with me are scared and nervous and they are angry that I continue to go outside - like they are afraid of being seen or caught. I awake right after this next event ---- I realize that there is a portal outside, a time portal and people from other dimensions are passing through it going toward something. I am trying to tell these other people about the portal but I am always woken up by my wife... I am talking aloud in my sleep about this portal, to the point of raising my voice, almost shouting. Same dream... always the same damned dream. Been going on now for about 5 or 6 months, 2 or 3 times a week.

Any ideas? I can't fathom it. Too much stress at work maybe???

Wow man - Some of the dreams i have have alot to do with time period
Like one was about being in some type of large heanger/garage with all differant types of cars from every era from 30's / 40's makes to current 2008 cars even military vehicles and people with all differant types of clothes from differant eras again from 30's / 40's to now.

Very strange

_Orion

[edit on 21-2-2008 by Orion_grey]

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 05:00 PM
link   

if so what?

I've heard of this... the only encounter I remember having was as a child playing in my room... and saw this shadow, very bizarrely taking over all my room. I got this odd enormous overwhelming feeling of fear... I'm a pretty ballsy guy and not scared of much, but this thing scared the most I ever have been in my entire life... for a half an hour... i was soooo scared that I did not move.. scream.. just cried.... then pull myself together and run out of room... Can't explain but the most scariest "feeling" i have ever had!

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 05:04 PM
link   
I've spoken to a couple of people who've dreamt about hangars. I wonder the importance.

I've had a few dreams of late, all had to do with me armed and enforcing or protecting. I don't even own a gun as it stands, so I don't know what it means or if it's even my future. But when I wake up from these dreams they FEEL real.

I'm never in a hangar, I'm outside in a field or green area looking up, seeing a flyover, or seeing disks and rings, or winged beings...

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Hi.
I've had the same, or a similar feeling for most of my life, like something isn't right, or I've forgotten something, and yes I do feel like I'm waiting for something, but I can't really add much to what has already been said, as it's more or less the same.
Thanks for the opportunity to spill it though.
Just thought I'd add my name to the list.
I.A.

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by acegotflows

I've had the same feelings and also a connection to these "shadow people" if that's what they are called
My guess is that probably everyone registered on this site will give the same answer since we are all on here seeking answers to questions...
Most people I've asked whether or not they've had the feeling like they are waiting or something is going to happen in their lifetime...they pretty much all answer yes
But, is it the people we attract? Or is it just a feeling that we ALL have...everyone
You have to figure if they say "that something will happen in their lifetime", that pretty much means "our lifetime" due to the fact we generally keep company in the same age groups
I think this may be too broad a question to be asking...
I guess i'm more concerned on what part I'm going to play in this "Event", if it ever truly happens

[edit on 21-2-2008 by Numb2itall]

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by acegotflows
I've spoken to a couple of people who've dreamt about hangars. I wonder the importance.

I've had a few dreams of late, all had to do with me armed and enforcing or protecting. I don't even own a gun as it stands, so I don't know what it means or if it's even my future. But when I wake up from these dreams they FEEL real.

I'm never in a hangar, I'm outside in a field or green area looking up, seeing a flyover, or seeing disks and rings, or winged beings...

Interesting you mention this...

As early as i can remember till I was 13, i had a reoccurring dream that involved standing on a street corner, looking up, and seeing thousands of cylindrical craft slowly floating through the sky, they stretched all the way into the horizon
Only difference was I would have these dreams while i would be awake... kinda like a seizure i guess
Kim Carlsberg had similar dreams like the one you refer to, she wrote a book about them years ago, she worked on Baywatch or something
One of the best dreams I've ever had was when I was some kind of winged being... man that was a cool dream and very vivid
sorry to diverge from the subject of "Waiting"

[edit on 21-2-2008 by Numb2itall]

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 05:34 PM
link   
I too (at age 35) can relate to most of these sentiments?feelings/intuitive callings - call them what you will.

I left my " mainstream" corporate career 10 years ago to retreat to a northern NSW (I'm in Oz) rorested community to raise my children (2 girls 9 and 6) expand my consciousness and detach from the "matrix".

I now work as a teacher's aide with Downs Syndrome and behaviour disorder children in Primary School. I mention this as I had withdrawn totally from mainstream society for 3 years but have found a balance of connection with "the system" and personal freedom. I am nearly energy self sufficient and devote my spare time to earth regeneration and consciousness development.

I have read widely (voraciously) much material - Jewish, Christian, Islamic, Vedic, Theosophic, Mayan etc etc. The most enlightening material I have come across to date has been The Alice Bailey/Tibetan books from the early to mid 20th century.

The material contained within these writings has helped to clarify my understanding for many processes and shifts that have, are and will take place. The sense of immanence you all express is shared by millions across the planet and that sense will continue to build until it bursts through with clarity at a point I truly believe that no-one (incarnate or discarnate) knows - but 2012 seems to be a convergence point of some power and influence.

Be true to yourselves, love like you have never loved before, and use both your head AND your heart in unison - and you will know what is right and true whatever the time or circumstance......

Love and Light.......

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 05:38 PM
link   
yes, there is something coming. the seventh seal of revelation is about to be opened. then comes 3 and a half years of tribulation. then the coming jesus christ and the kingdom of god , which will rule on earth for 1000 years. repent, and you can be part of gods kingdom. see www.the-end.com

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Funny Thing !

I have a deep feeling I was re-incarnated on this Earth to witness and live a "Big Event". Like it would be part of my evolution, my karma...

I`m 39 and what I think will happen, with all that is going on, Iran will get hit and that will create chaos and a war beyond belief.

I don`t know WHY the USA are doing all of this invented "war on terror", but as far as I know, the CIA created Al-Quaida and they know where Osama Bin Laden is...

It`s just an invention to make us believe their "war on terror"...

I think that their ultimate agenda, to control OIL, wight not work as they planned and they will use Israel as a pretext to get Iran...

USA into great debt, create the Amero to boost up their currency, nafta highway, get us all chipped and get the NWO into place ???

All of this is driving me crazy....Maybe they know something about 2012 that we don`t know about...........

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by cvand
yes, there is something coming. the seventh seal of revelation is about to be opened. then comes 3 and a half years of tribulation. then the coming jesus christ and the kingdom of god , which will rule on earth for 1000 years. repent, and you can be part of gods kingdom. see www.the-end.com

yeah that thread was shut down, so we wont rehash ron weinland all over again here.

Im wondering what the connection is between shadow people and this?

very odd, but then again, people who arent "waiting" have seen shadow people

ive never seen the hat shadow man

the shadows ive experienced were typically around 2-4 feet tall

my first experience was the 4 foot ones, very strong

the second and third times were the 2 foot or so ones

the smaller ones seemed like they werent as powerful, the ran when i saw them compared to the taller ones who were still there and then left leaving in blending in with the darkness, hard to explain

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Harman
reply to post by MurderCityDevil

Yeah i have had sleep paralysis (en.wikipedia.org...) but i'm taking hanging on to the medical explanation with that one
. And i had a best shadow friend when i was young that always took me to my dreamworld where i could choose my dreams going through a tube with several doors. I miss him

[edit on 21-2-2008 by Harman]

Man, i have been reading this forum for a long time now. This thread sums up my exact feelings.

The post above by Harman really struck a chord with me (goose bumps all over my body). I too have had sleep paralysis(shadow people encounters) since i was very young. One time my mother walked in when i was asleep because i was yelling in my sleep (i was 7) I was lying face down in my bed screaming get off my back get off my back and was waving my fist in the air behind me.

I have had more of these 'encounters' than i care to remember as every single one has filled me with dread.

I went a long time between 'encounters' when i was 17-20. lately though (last couple years im 24 now) they seem to have started again. I had one of the worst ones of my life last year. I was lying in bed in a conscious dream of sorts, unable to move. And i heard this scratching on my window of my room. All i remember was lying there trying to move but knew i was asleep so i had to force myself to wake up. I went through a cycle of 'waking up' but still being unable to move and thus actually still being asleep about 5 times, mean while this scratching had gotten louder and was now on the front door. the 5th time it happened i flew out of bed but was still paralyzed from the waist down and as i crawled to the front door as fast as i could, it flew open and a massive 2 headed dog came for my face.

I then sat up in bed finally actually awake. sweat pouring off me.

here is a picture that sums my 'encounters' or sleep paralysis up.

www.artchive.com...

Something is coming. and i dont know what.

edit to add this link about sleep paralysis...

www.spiritualresearchfoundation.org...

[edit on 21-2-2008 by blurryone]

[edit on 21-2-2008 by blurryone]

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 08:57 PM
link   
I think we are waiting for change. I don't know what type of change, but it's something we desire.
Unfortunately, all we are doing is waiting, maybe we're waiting for someone to get us started.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join