It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A feeling like you are waiting for something???

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 10:52 PM
link   
reply to post by universalconsciousness

I have felt the same thing for a long time, I have told people, I remember how life used to feel. Something has changed, but something is about to be changed and a lot of people can feel it.

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Look im working on it its hard being a poor kid with a big heart and dreams

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 05:41 PM
link   
I do training and development with a company, we work on completing our past and living invinted lives. This is your past. Can you rememder what happend, you first thought something was wrong?

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

I felt the same for a long time and when i became a christian i realised there is much more going on that we arent aware of , and i feel there is a matrix-like structure in place , like when Morpheous said " you know there is something wrong with the world...you feel it when you go to work , when you pay your taxes " etc......like the world is a prison for your mind , and you sense it but can never vocalise it because its just beyond your grasp.

When i became a christian , scales fell off my eyes and i see the world for what it is , and i know that the dread you all feel is because the spirit of antichrist is ramping up , preparing to take the stage for a brief time until Christ returns to destroy him.
The financial machine is at breaking point and it will collapse , because it will be replaced with a cashless method of complete control.

God can give you a peace that passes understanding.
There is a lot about to befall the world and i urge you to read your bible if you have one because God is not mad at you. He made peace with the world through the body of Christ on the cross. Jesus actually became sin so that you would have the very righteousness of God Himself.

You dont need to be anticipating this dread because the God of all creation loves you , and made a way for you to have a father / son relationship with him.

Jesus said " I am the way , the truth , and the life. No man comes to the Father , EXCEPT BY ME "

Dont wait till the situation overtakes you. Be prepared.
I hope to see you in heaven " where ear has not heard , nor eye seen " all the sublime fantasy that God has created for those that love Him.

God is Love.

Get to Him via Christ.

You are loved !!!!!

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 01:50 AM
link   
I remember when I was 18 and left highschool something did change and that change was the feeling that something needed to change...

I remember when I came back from a semester in college my mom kept on saying that I was different somehow. Not so much in a good way either. She was kind of confused by it.

Anyway. Durring this time I was depressed, confused and had pretty much given up on the "dream" so to speak. I was like, "Wow, this really is it. Life kind of sucks." And so I wait... for something, WHAT? I dont know, but is this it?

And so I grabed a rock and called it luck to travel someplace real near. I didnt know how and I didnt know where, but there was SOMETHING in here. What was it? It was myself and the feeling of change was the desire to find who I truly was. Because before then, I had no idea. I dont think many people do. THATS WHY THEY LIE!:w:

I long for something I cant explain
everyday I feel its pain
so mysterious and confusing
when I think Ive grasped it, it starts eluding
so neglected and misunderstood
I dont know if its bad or good
its something big, but yet so small
something close, but yet so far
I feel it from within myself
I feel it through someone else
it comes to me from the skies
it comes to me through wishing eyes
its a subtle breeze I barely notice
but its power cant be focused
it seems upsetting, but its beauty is hidden
like some desire I have forbidden
I search for its answer everyday
in everything that comes my way
whatever it is must be a lesson
but I dont even know the question

[edit on 21-2-2009 by Wisen Heimer]

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 07:27 PM
link   
where are you?

[edit on 31-1-2010 by lucasfranz]

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 11:17 AM
link   
i have had this feeling for a long time as well. i have in the past had many dreams that end up coming true with 100% accuracy, unless i purposely did something to change it. these dreams always have a different feel to them then regular dreams, and when i wake up, i know that it was one of these dreams. i had one of these dreams a few years back, and i believe that it is what i am waiting for. in this dream, it was clear that the world had changed, although i cant tell for sure what had caused the change. everything appeared to be in bad shape. all of the businesses were pillaged and the buildings were dilapidated, as if they had been unmaintained in years. there were cars on the street that looked like they hadnt ran in years, and many of them looked like they had been picked over for materials. i was with a group of people, it seemed trying to help us all survive. it was as if martial law had been declared. i woke up white as a ghost, and with the terrible feeling that it was one of 'those' dreams.

i have had ringing in my ears, but i always assumed that was just a normal thing.

i have seen shadow people while with friends(we just called them shadows), and they were seen by more than just one person at the same time almost every time it happened. the last time i saw one, i had something strange happen later the same day. i got into my car and checked my rear view mirror, and i saw a bald man with a goatee in the back seat. he looked either very evil, or in extreme anguish. i was frozen, looking at him for several seconds. when i finally did manage to look away and then look again, he was gone. when asked later what he looked like, the best way i could describe him is that it looked like me, except he was bald and had a goatee and probably about 30-35 years old. that was about 9 years ago. i am 28 years old now, and about 6 months ago, i had a head injury. i started shaving my head cause my hair doesnt grow there anymore. i now look like him

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by universalconsciousness

I am 27 now and have felt this way for atleast the last 15+ years, way before i started using the internet and searching sites like this one.

I do not know what it is yet but for as long as i can remember I have always felt that something wasn't right and that I was waiting for something to happen, a major change to the world? or to way of life in general?, i'm not sure, there is just something inside me that tells me that in my lifetime I will see a major change.

Are there other people on here that have felt this for some time???

Absolutely, sometimes more than others. Occassionally the feeling is so strong I'll check the news every chance I get looking for something I can only describe as "life altering"; something that would strongly affect me and my life - and many others. BUT so far nothing like that has happened. The feeling passes and my life is the same. After this happens I feel such disappointment for some reason like something exciting was supposed to happen but didn't.
So much for intuition

BTW, I'm 29 and I wouldn't say I've felt it for 15 yrs, but definitely the past 8.
My eldest sister feels it too from time to time.

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Orion_grey

I feel the exact same way waiting for something - i'm 31 and have always felt that my true purpose or role has yet to be revealed to me.
I do alot of things that make me happy and that i'm real good at but something is still missing. Its almost like i'm waiting for something more.
like a sleeper for some big event, waiting for my true destiny to be revealed.
Also i feel that time is near, i'm feeling more and more like something
is around the corner.

Its nice to know that i'm not the only one who feels this.

-Orioin

Same here. Something is missing. I'm waiting for 'it', but I can't tell you what I'm waiting for. Of course, I'm sure some people would call me lazy, tell me I'm just waiting, hoping for opportunities to fall in my lap, but it's not like that at all! I have plenty of opportunities but none of them are fulfilling - even though others tell me they should be! It's as if this is not what I'm supposed to be doing.

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 07:24 AM
link   
Ok...I feel strongly that there is something that is going to change the whole way our civilization works right now..it is not something like catastrophic vision but rather more like internal change in what we perceive as worth in our lives...
we will be given new meaning of life I believe - something new to give us purpose in life...no more money and possesions in the shape as we have now , and relations between people - I believe it is what is changing within me already - it's as if you love everyone the same and nobody more than that - I am starting to feel no special affection towards my family, but in the same time I feel like everyone is important to me and I need to take care of people. That's why I found myself in teaching children...but still I know I am waiting for something more...
the only thing is I don't have any dreams about future - all my dreams are about some real things that need to be changed...I somehow feel like there is no future for me after that "change"...I always had the strange feeling there is no need for me to grow up because my life will be short...I don't want to believe this...but why that feeling hounts me?! am I the one that is not going to live through this "change"...?

[edit on 14-2-2010 by lucasfranz]

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 11:22 AM
link   
I am so glad I found this post. I have been searching the net for a long time to find like minded people. About 3 days ago I was convinced I had to go to the mental or commit suicide because I was the only one feeling like I have been waiting for something and waiting for it too long. My entire life I have felt out of place and like I have read from others, just let people talk. I am not much of a talker, I like hearing perspectives, and I do not fight to solve anything. I can't remember how long I've felt like my entire life has been setup. All the pain, all the good times, who I was an who I am becoming. Seems like everything that happens is a test and finding this post and this site is like a little reward for all I've done. There is a lot of speculation out there of what this waiting period is... like is it bad is it good? Could it be collective consciousness in action? Is the world going to get blown up? Maybe the reason the enlightened are only "waiting" at this period in time is because it is not yet time to act. Do you think when the time is right we will know when, and what to do? All I know is I can't wait to see something happen, kind of feels like it is mostly what I am hanging on for.

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 11:27 AM
link   

We are here for something.

When I think of a persons purpose I imagine that every action where we interact with other human beings especially we are changing the course of the entire world.

When you get in your car and drive, you may choose not to run a yellow light, causing the person behind you to stop instead of run through and kill a pedestrian or get killed himself. You have unknowingly saved a life and changed the destiny of the world.

Just by being alive! Your purpose is fullfilled, follow the middle road between light and dark and you will find that which you are here to do. The big deal!

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by MurderCityDevil

Weird you say that... I have had many dreams where my eyes are closed but I can see the room perfectly all white walls. I know where the door is and the dresser and my position according to it.. anyway there are shadows surrounding me and poking at me but it doesnt hurt, and they are doing it so fast I can feel it all along both sides of my body. I've also had an experience once playing music.. we were all in the zone.. and as I was hitting the drums I noticed that my hits were JUST off everytime but they were hitting at the appropriate time.. and I looked to my right and saw a very transparent human very thin blackish I could see through him totally. He put his hand on my arm and when he sat down on the drum throne he was in my body... and the beat was playing exactly when I was hitting it again

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Since this past Thursday (Jan. 6, 2011) and onwards, for some reason I get this kind of feeling that something is going on and will get bigger..., I cannot put my finger on it, and I don't have closure, I have butterflies in my stomach/nauseating feeling/my body is almost like shaking from with in, like when one is frightened and nothing is causing it, it's like my body is telling me something... (Specifically in the Tel Aviv region I get this feeling, and when away it sort of goes away and when I go back the feeling returns)

What are your thoughts?

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Gradius Maximus

I got the feeling that I am forced to wait, living an ordinary life behind a mask. I struggled hard to choose different paths, sometimes even trying to derail to the dark side. It always ended the same. There always was the invisible hand keeping my life straight. Change averted, incidents prevented and me back on track. Almost like something or someone was telling me "not yet".
Though, I do not want to wake up some day and realize nothing happened and I wasted my life waiting for nothing...

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 08:39 AM
link   
reply to post by tankthinker

I have as long as I can remember felt that I don't belong, like I can not relate to anyone, there has got to be something better. Dissatisfied with life. Not really living. The older I get, the more anxious I feel. I am letting this feeling steal my life. I do feel like I am waiting for something, maybe this is just wishful thinking because I am so dissatisfied with life in general. I have people in my life that i love . I work a job that is mentally rewarding. I love to help people. I should be content and I am thankful. I seem to grieve over what will be and what has been. I was reaching out for help understanding what I am experiencing and have experienced all of my life. Sounds like I am not alone.

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 10:55 AM
link   
I'm relieved and glad I am not the only one who feels this way I'm 41 now but for several years my life has been in a holding pattern ( even though I have achieved things in the time) I can't explain it, and when I hear people say live for the moment time is short, my first thought is I can't nothing is clear yet. It's kind of like traveling through thick fog I'm pretty sure of the general direction I'm headed but I can't see where I'm going so I'm wandering around aimlessly waiting for something. It's a very odd feeling that I can't explain to anyone, but I'm still waiting.

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 03:17 AM
link   
Of course something is coming, and I'm not gonna sugar-coat it, this 'thing' coming, ain't gonna be good. All the animals dying in thousands, the floods, the tsunamis, the earthquakes, the landslides, the fires, the storms, the sinkholes... do you think all these happened without a reason? Nope. We are long due for an ELE. Why do you think the Egyptians, the Sumerians, the Babylonians and the Mayans, left hieroglyphics for us to find? To WARN us. To let us know what happened to them thousands of years ago. So that we will be prepared when the time comes. Unfortunately, the majority of people are deeply immersed in celebrities, American Idol, American Got Talent, material stuff and whatnot. They have been dumbed down, so to speak. And those who ARE awake, can only watch in silence, and eerily anticipate, of what's to come....

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Cerridwen

Yeap, I'm afraid I have to agree with you 110%.

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 11:48 AM
link   
a reply to: universalconsciousness

I'm 21 and have had this feeling for the past 15 years. I don't know what it is I'm waiting for but I know it's something big. It feels like something was going to happen or should have happened but didn't and now it's late and I'm left waiting for it.

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13 >>

join