It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A feeling like you are waiting for something???

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 11:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

Don't be so dark my friend, with the mad world around us flinging just about every negative vibe possible in every direction and particularly the direction of The Future.....papers, tv, radio, doom gloom etc, , it's not surprising people are feeling "spooked" and "anxious" or whatever they feel.

Maybe "They" want us to "expect" bad things to happen, so some people are "waiting" for them to happen. Sounds logical to me.

I try to fill my unclear "pensive" moments with better things....they can't brainwash this mind....I did it myself ages ago!

Chin up dear "annonymous poster", thanks for your comments and come back anytime we're always open.

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Anyone still waiting? The feeling died down in March. However, it came back about a week ago. I've had a sense of waiting accompanied with a sense of urgency (anxiousness.) Not exactly two feelings that go together.

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 08:12 PM
link   
reply to post by jasonjnelson

I am 28 and I am not crazy either and my ears goes blank and the high pitched ringing starts in and i know exactly how you feel about not really meetng people just kind of making aquaintances rather than friends. I've always chalked it up to my generation and the way our parents were. Right around dec '07 i really began to feel like something really big is about to happen as well. When your ears go weird do you feel like your being pulled into asleep or out of your body. Now I'm not one to buy the whole out of body thing, but this has been a recurring ongoing thing for a few months, come to think of it since the intense anticipation started.

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 09:41 PM
link   
I do have a feeling like I am waiting for something. Whatever that 'something' may happen to be is purely speculation. I've been waiting many years for something, anything to manifest or at least materialize to gain some relief from anxiety, worry and fear from the unknown, but to no avail. And without sufficient proofs to make this feeling of uncertainty go away, I have decided to twiddle my thumbs and post here at ATS.

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by universalconsciousness

I know exactly what you mean, I'm kinda new here and haven't posted alot but I've been reading alot here since a couple months ago when I started to have really weird dreams, it all started when I was in England for a job.

I don't know if I should tell the whole story here since I don't know myself what to believe yet, because I don't know if what happened to me was a dream or not, just because it felt so real to me. And I don't want people to think I'm crazy.. heh.. by the way I'm from Sweden as you might tell from my nick here and some of the stuff I've read at this forum are so close to one of my "dreams" I had some years ago, before I even started to think about life "out there" and the end of our planet as we know today.

What I can tell is that I've since september 11 2001 have had alot of deja-vu's and one thing I had a dream about came true the next day, and I told a friend about my dream even before it happened in real life and she freaked out when I told her it really happened.. for me it was so crazy.. but this was only the beginning.

Since then I've had alot of for me weird "dreams" that I really can't explain, and I don't really know why thoose dreams come to me and what they mean, I just try to be open minded about things right now because still there is a part of me that just says they are only dreams and doesn't really mean anything but at the same time another part of me tells me there is something more to it.

So I'm not here to tell that there is something to my dreams, just wanted to share some of my experiences and if there is people out there who have had the same experiences it would be nice to get in touch, just to have someone to talk and diuscuss with.

Cheers from Sweden

[edit on 26-5-2008 by Nordic_Swede]

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 01:22 PM
link   

I feel that exact same way, and have done for as long as I can remember. I'm also 27.

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 04:32 PM
link   
True, I too have this feeling of waiting for something, and have 27 years also

Something does not feel right, maybe I feel frustrated when I think how simple and happy life could be if everybody would just stop for a few seconds from what they are doing and look around
Playing all these roles and taking them so seriously makes me think they would become bored one day, but no. So I feel like waiting for something to change all of this maybe

About 2012 I have a hard time believing that a miracle would just "enlighten" everyone, but I hope it will
I think we must work for it to be. I talk to people around me , tell them stories(check my signature), show them movies. Not for too much effect

Some quotes :

When you come to know yourselves, then you will become known,
and you will realize that it is you who are the sons of the living Father.
But if you will not know yourselves,
you dwell in poverty and it is you who are that poverty

His disciples said to him, "When will the kingdom come?"
"It will not come by waiting for it. It will not be a matter of saying 'here it is' or 'there it is.' Rather, the kingdom of the father is spread out upon the earth, and men do not see it.

The first peace, which is the most important, is that which comes within the souls of people when they realize their relationship, their oneness with the universe and all its powers, and when they realize that at the center of the universe dwells the Great Spirit, and that this center is really everywhere, it is within each of us.

Black Elk - Oglala Sioux

It is beyond intellectual knowing and cannot be grasped by the ordinary mind. When we suddenly awake to the realization that there is no barrier, and has never been seen, one realizes that one is all things, mountains, rivers, grasses, trees, sun, moon, stars, universe are all oneself. There is no longer a division or barrier between myself and others, no longer any feeling of alienation or fear. Realizing this, results in true compassion. Other people and things are not seen as apart from oneself, on the contrary, as one's own body."

Bruce Lee

[edit on 4-6-2008 by pai mei]

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 12:51 PM
link   
I've been lurking here for a long long time, but never felt the need to join nor post. Not until I read this thread anyway.

I've been having the same dream since I was a teenager (I'm 40 now). I'm in a big gray building that I HAVE to get out of. I run down the steps a few at a time, barely even touching them. When I get out of the building, I'm in a forest and just keep running and running until I wake up. When I wake up, I'm panting and sweaty. I don't know what I'm running from, nor running to. It's the same exact dream every time. And I even know I'm dreaming it...it's very weird.

I've also been learning what different herbs can do, and have cleaned out a room in my basement for storing extra groceries (my family doesn't get it, they think I'm out of my mind). I've also been buying a lot of essential oils and learning what they can do in terms of healing. And we planted a garden this year. Which is incredibly unusual for me, because I don't even much like to be outside, let alone tending a garden.

A family member has a house and a lot of land north of where I live and not anywhere near a coastline. The house is paid for and the land is pretty isolated. The person has recently decided to sell the whole kit and kaboodle. When I heard that, I blurted out...."but when it all hits the fan, that's where we're going to have to go live.". The person looked at me strangely and said another family member had said the exact same thing!

I've also had the feeling of wanting to "go home" and "waiting for this all to be over". I don't know exactly what that means. I have a wonderful live, a terrific husband, and fantastic children. So there's no reason I should feel like that.

Strange that so many feel the same way.

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 04:14 PM
link   

i know that i sem i dont know what people call me but if you want to find what your looking for read the bible dont listen to others read for yourself a good bible is a study bible i use dakes but find one that you like but DO NOT take all the beliefs true use those beliefs as something to start you off and accept it if the bible really does say that

but i promise you if you open yourself up to this book it will work

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 11:17 PM
link   
I can relate to your feeling a vague sense of apprehension sensing that something is about to happen soon. I believe that is what I'd consider one's sense of intuition. Something is always about to happen. What you're sensing is those you can feel but not discern as you have no knowledge of the specifics or origin of what you're sensing.

Suggest you keep a dream diary and refer back to what you've written down which may help guide you, along with spending time in prayer/meditation or other activity where you can quiet your mind and get in touch with yourself and the universe.

This is something you'll probably experience intermittently throughout your whole life -- as I have, and now in my 50s.

Best wishes,

aWoman

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 08:00 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 02:44 PM
link   

hey
my name is vaibhav k and i am from India i am 26 male mumbai what ever you said is exactly what i am doin waited as long as i can remember day in day out not sure what i can make out of it but ya we share same thought. my frantic search on internet has led me to you don no what it means???

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Yes, I feel It as well..Validation from Others such as Yourselves, assures Me, that whatever "It" is, We face It Together. Bonnie

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by universalconsciousness
I dont normally start threads or post very often as i like to just observe other peoples comments/thougts.

I have decided to post this finally after many years wondering what I am waiting for.

I am 27 now and have felt this way for atleast the last 15+ years, way before i started using the internet and searching sites like this one.

I do not know what it is yet but for as long as i can remember I have always felt that something wasn't right and that I was waiting for something to happen, a major change to the world? or to way of life in general?, i'm not sure, there is just something inside me that tells me that in my lifetime I will see a major change.

Are there other people on here that have felt this for some time???

your thoughts please
wow thats so insane im 19 but since i was 11 or 12 ive had the feeling that something big is going to happen and i would always tell mt family members and as i got older i got into conspiracies and what not and the feeling got stronger now i feel like i have a role to play in this event like im here for that reason almost like destiny and as im feeling this was i met this girl and i explained myself to her and she right away said something about being an indigo child now im not a firm beliver in this but somethings do make sence when you apply this indigo child thing to this feeling of something happening very soon or in my lifetime.

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 07:16 PM
link   
According to New Age belief, Indigo children are highly sensitive with a clear sense of self-definition and a strong feeling that they need to make a significant difference in the world. They are strong-willed, independent thinkers who prefer to do their own thing rather than comply with authority figures. They are empathic and can easily detect or are in tune with the thoughts of others, and are naturally drawn to matters concerning mysteries, spirituality, the paranormal and the occult, while opposing unquestioned authority and contradictory to convention. They allegedly possess wisdom and level of awareness "beyond their years." They are also said to feel a strong sense of entitlement.

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 07:19 PM
link   
They are also believed to be prone to depression and sleep disorders such as insomnia and persistent nightmares.[citation needed] Indigo children also possess defining characteristics in learning; indigos tend to be more visual, kinesthetic learners so remember best what they can picture in their brain and create with their hands.[citation needed] Movement is required to keep them better focused

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Have long felt this way (am 37.) A part of you wants to rationalize it away and say everyone feels like this at some point in their life, or own own ego causes it to give our lives meaning, or something like that. But I have moments of clarity where things start to swirl around in my mind like pieces of a puzzle and I start to put them together and then questions begin to form.

- Are we all just being distracted and entertained while the powers that be go about manipulating things for higher profits?

- Does which party elected to President actually effect anything? If Big Business is calling the shots, choosing the electronic voting machines with no audit ability, then rigging them to favor whoever they like that year, does democrat or republic, conservative or liberal really matter? 230 years of let's assume fair elections and things are only getting worse.

It feels to me like all our current affairs type issues are just distractions to keep us afraid or angry or both so we don't have any idle think time to really analyze what's going on in the world and see things for what they are. The corporate world supplies all the world's militaries with everything from the food they eat to the biggest naval vessels. If private business said "no more" suddenly could they actually forcibly surrender an entire nation? Or if they provided rigged equipment designed to fail when used could they effect who wins a conflict?

Big Business bribes the Senate and House, and it's they that make our laws, not the President. Presidents can give all the pretty speeches they like, can promise to eliminate taxes altogether, but they don't have the actual power to do any of that. So who does? And who do they speak for?

Is it sensible to allow companies with non-US bases of operation and international presence to contribute money to our elected officials who then make our laws? Have always rejected the idea that secret societies were calling the shots, but as I study how laws get made and how Washington works, I must admit there's something to it. The whole Diebold election machines fiasco is proof of this.

If there's a huge event in our future, it's gotta be a 2nd revolution but our system is royally hosed right now. At this point I'd love a military coup. Put all the lobbyists up against the wall and give em a smoke but no blindfolds.

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 08:31 PM
link   
The answers you are looking for are at www.juststopandthink.com Watch the movie and post what you think...

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 03:01 PM
link   
I got into this thread a bit late, but I also feel as though I/WE are waiting on something. I am 31, and it seems that I have had this type of inclination for the last 10 years roughly, but it has been noticeably apparent to me for at least the last 3 years ish. There have been alot of folks talking about that they feel things have changed, but I have maintained that this feeling is simply a prelude to an event, or series of events yet to come...

Time will tell...

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 09:45 AM
link   
The above person is correct regarding Indigo Adults and Children. Please do a search for same - you will be quite enlightened. Try checking out metagifted.org

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join