It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unidentified Military Airplane With Iraqi Air Force Markings Makes Emergency Landing In South Florid

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 02:01 AM
link   

Unidentified Military Airplane With Iraq Air Force Markings Makes Emergency Landing In South Florida

www2.tbo.com

VENUS – An unidentified military airplane with Iraqi Air Force markings made an emergency landing on County Road 731 in Highlands County this afternoon, according to the Highlands County Sheriff\'s Office. Lt. Ken Johnson said that he could not identify the plane or what it was doing, saying it was \"of a military nature\" and the details were classified, but the plane reported engine problems about 2:30 p.m. while flying between undisclosed locations in Tampa toward Miami.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Articles

www.foxnews.com
www.sun-herald.com

MOD:Edit - fixed OP link / add article links
[edit on 2/21/2008 by DYepes]

[edit on 2/21/2008 by JacKatMtn]

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 02:01 AM
link   
I find thos to be a bit odd. I dont see why a private contractor sees it relevant to mark his planes with that from a foreign air force on the other side of the globe. I am pretty sure its probably some kind of CIA drug running scheme.

According to the article the Sheriff Department will gaurd the plane until the contractor can \"dismantle\" and recover it.

Too bad this didnt happen next week when I will be vacationing in the area. I definetly would have driven up to the scene of the crime and taken pictures and video.

www2.tbo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 02:08 AM
link   
Al Sadr warned about maybe pulling out from 6 month Cease-Fire... So Watch Out!
They maybe change tactics, and are coming from air this time!

Truly this is strange, I think first also some kind of black op.

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 02:14 AM
link   

A military plane? That thing? ROFL.

This has all the makings of a great story. A civilian plane with IRAQI markings on it flying from Tampa to Miami, the details of which are classified.

You can bet your sweet bippums I am flagging and starring this one.

[edit on 21-2-2008 by TrueAmerican]

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 10:10 AM
link   
A few extra photos here have been posted of the plane.
snap.tbo.com...

I wonder what all that foil and stuff is covering u on the side?

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Well the aircraft is a Cessna 172 .

According to this wiki page of the Iraqi Air force inventary they are supplied by the United States (not necessarily US govt. Cessna is a US firm I think) and 12 are to be delivered in 2008.

Don't think the Iraqis are invading ~ least not in that.

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Does anybody know how to look up the tail number y1-138.Maybe there will be a record of who ownes it.Might give more to the story.

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

It's YI ~ not Y1.

YI is the international identifier for Iraq.

Have a look here but that is the Civil list for Iraq, not the military list.

Ps.. No way I'd be flying that thing round Iraq!! may as well jump head first into a paddling pool of big sharp rocks from 100 foot!!

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 11:21 AM
link   
I can't get to the article, did they pull it off the site?

Page not found
We're sorry, but the requested page could not be found.

Is it me? I will do a google check and see if any other articles pop up.

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by JacKatMtn
Is it me? I will do a google check and see if any other articles pop up.

The link doesn't work for me, too. Maybe this really is a conspiracy

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 11:29 AM
link   
The fact that it has Iraqi markings is odd but the fact that the government covered them up and is classifying it is even more odd.

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Here's one:

Plane With Iraqi Markings Makes Emergency Landing on Florida Road

VENUS, Fla. — A single-engine airplane with markings resembling those of the Iraqi Air Force made an emergency landing on a country road in central Florida after experiencing mechanical problems, officials said.

No injuries were reported when the plane landed on County Road 731 on Wednesday, the Highlands County Sheriff's Office said.

a couple more:

www.sun-herald.com...

this is the updated one from the OP source with some local comment:

www2.highlandstoday.com...

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Now_Then

I remeber reading on ats that they were being trained to fly in another country but i don't remeber where.So the cessna trainer was probly headed for another country unless there training them here.If there training them here that would be like training Osama in New York.

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 11:34 AM
link   
i may have missed something here, in the reading, but where is the pilot? did i miss what happened to him in the article? just wondering.

there could be the possibility that this is a private plane and the owner was having fun with the markings. yes i know, very slim but it is there.

have a good day!

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by JacKatMtn
Here's one:

Thanks JacKatMtn and thanks to DYepes for bringing this news to our attention
. This news is very interesting.

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by they see ALL

It is an interesting story, I went ahead and fixed the OP and included the other links.

I hope more information surfaces when they go in to retrieve the plane.

Why is the plane being guarded? Are they guarding something inside the plane?

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by JacKatMtn

Perhaps there's something interesting/incriminating on the plane's flight data recorder?
(i'm assuming that FAA regs would state even a light cessena be fitted with one)

And what's behind the gaffa-tape and plastic on the RH side of the plane? (Again, I guess that was put there after landing as it would have been blown off during flight)

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by DYepes

Originally posted by DYepes
I am pretty sure its probably some kind of CIA drug running scheme.

I didn't see any lol smilies, but surely you were joking, right?

Did you totally miss this part of the article?

"We've worked plane crashes before but nothing that has started out as a military secret event, then turned into a military contractor testing out a plane," Benton said. "Early on, there was a real scurry."

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 05:03 AM
link   
Is anybody else having a difficult time getting any of the links to come up?

I downloaded a picture of the plane right before the site went down. Here it is:

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Oh my god! My sanity and belief in the intelligence of people on here is being severly tried. It is a Cessna. It is an American built plane, being supplied by America to a friendly air force under American control (or near enough). Why is everyone suspecting a conspiracy?

It is not unusual to see aircraft destined for foreign military forces to be seen either training or flight testing fully marked up! Its as normal as can be. This one just had a bit of trouble and made an emergency landing!

There are military planes flying around in the US with joint German and US markings, as well as planes with Singaporean marking on a regular basis - does that mean its a conspiracy? Not to mention all those pictures of planes painted in Mexican roundels or even, shock horror, the markings of African air forces such as the Algerians that I have - they were all just pre-delivery pics funnily enough.

Argghhhh!!! Seriously people, get a grip and start accepting that some things are just normal and not a conspiracy!!!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join