It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Google to store patients' health records

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 01:14 AM
link   

Google to store patients' health records

news.yahoo.com

....Each health profile, including information about prescriptions, allergies and medical histories, will be protected by a password that's also required to use other Google services such as e-mail and personalized search tools. ..

...But the health venture also will provide more fodder for privacy watchdogs who believe Google already knows too much about the interests and habits of its users as its computers log their search requests and store their e-mail discussions. ...
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 01:14 AM
link   
WoW! I don't know about this at all. I don't think it's a good idea. I am sure some people on here is going to love this idea. Some people just love new technology. But, to me this is just not good. What if you’re information gets hacked and seen by someone you don’t want to see it? Believe it or not maybe one day you’re employer would get this information. I just don’t like this at all.

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 04:10 AM
link   
Ok does no one have anything to say about this at all?

Is everyone really ok with this and think it's just fine?

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 08:22 AM
link   
Well, how can this be true, arn't your health records confidential, the fact that google has them means they arn't being kept that way and the few minutes it would take someone to hack their way in means it's not going to stay confidential for long either.

Also; at first someone else having your health records doesn't sound too bad, I mean what can they get from them. But then think...in a few years the news says "Google, the company that kept your medical details safe and accessible will now do the same for your bank details etc..." Then it becomes even more of a problem.

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 10:01 AM
link   
The way google does what ever a goverment wants USA or China. I don't want this to happen.I don't want someone to google me and know everything about me.

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 10:32 AM
link   
You might as well move out of your house because someone can "hack" your window with a rock and murder you.

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 10:52 AM
link   
I wonder what HIPAA has to say regarding this?

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 03:49 PM
link   
This is true. It looks like if Google does have our records than indeed they are no longer confidential. Not only do they have them and any worker whom may be there.

But, a hacker can also get them. We live in age already where our identity is constantly at risk. Someone trying to steal it. Companies are constantly having our personal information stolen. Now this!!!!

It also don't seem HIPAA is going to do anything about this.

top topics

join