It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DMSO who uses it and for why?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 01:03 AM
link   
Recently purchased a bottle. Used it on a spider bite and it healed great. Also have arthritis, I use it as minimal as possible. Only draw back has been garlicy breath. My question is who else uses it, in what applications, and in what amounts.
Thanks

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 07:14 AM
link   
I use it with some of my essential oil blends (arthritis, etc.) since it helps to get the oil IN instead of just ON. Skin is a natural barrier to keep most stuff out (unless you have a cut or open wound) so getting certain medicines/chemicals into the body can be a challenge. I use essential oils for massage, sore muscles and a variety of other minor ailments where one doesn't necessarily want/need a pill. Works swell. Haven't heard of using it for spider bites.
We have a lot of fiddleback (brown recluse) spiders in my neck of the woods and I have used 35% H202 on those bites with great success. You have to leave it on for less than 10 seconds as it is very caustic and then rinse it off but it's better than a large, necrotic hole of missing muscle. 6 seconds of pain is better than surgical debridement, eh?
Never heard of the garlicky breath side effect either. How much are you using?

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 02:12 PM
link   
That is correct it will carry molecules from the skin into the blood. Make sure the area is clean first.

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Only enough to wet the end of a cottonball on my arthritis in ankle then rub in my capzasin. Had a brown recluse bite 3 yrs ago that left a 3 mm hole in forearm, it would have been worse had a not done the peroxide thing as well, I visited a sight that showed some advanced necroprosy and it was horrible. I read somewhere it was good for bites. Maybe it carries the venom from the wound instead of allowing it to dwell and cause so much damage. I also read of a slight garlic odor to breath and have noticed it as well.
I read the military was experimenting with some non lethal rifle rounds filled with dmso and some kind of high powered chili pepper stuff.
I use as little as possible.
Thanks for relies.
John

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 09:10 PM
link   
I haven't had to use any for awhile, it can blister your skin, so be careful BUT if a horse gets snake bit ( rattler) I will use it on the bite area to take the swelling out.

Roper

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Used to use it for locked up joints. Actually had to give up my guitar for a decade as my fingers would just lock up.
Worked a treat, but quit using it in favor of EDTA instead.
6 Monts of the recommended dosage, and all skeletal problems gone.
Gave it up for a year and started getting joint problems again.
I now use only a small daily dosage----about 1/2 the recommended. Also rips out heavy metals ( carefull if you have mercury fillings!), calcium deposits in your arteries, and best of all----Really, really cheap.
I still keep a bottle of DMSO around, for just in case.

posted on Feb, 23 2008 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by gotrox
Worked a treat, but quit using it in favor of EDTA instead.
6 Monts of the recommended dosage, and all skeletal problems gone.

I u2u'ed you this question but I'll ask it here.

Would you expand on this EDTA, what it does, best brand, what about the tooth fillings?

Roper

top topics

join