It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2012 = Time Travel

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2008 @ 04:06 PM
link   
maybe timewave zero has to do with humans and time; and in the time of timewave zero the aspect of humans internally is timeles; but can still die? maybe after timewave zero humans will continue on living like timewave zero never happened but a few people will know in time that they are different in time like the highlander series; and then make a new form of novus ordo seclorum since the order of beingness has changed.

posted on Mar, 9 2008 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by crusader
Time Travel was invented by Dr. Emmett Brown in 1985 anyways.

Was it? and who is emmett brown? . . .

Umm . . . Back to the Future . . .

I do like the thought of time travel, though. It makes my head hurt when I think about it. Too many possibilities to wrap my brain around

posted on Mar, 9 2008 @ 04:54 PM
link   
in one way time travel could explain the daja-vo, feeling ppl get and other being able to predict the future but on the other hand it could be a bad thing because the elite would be able to manipulate it.

WHAT IF... JFK was the person that would stop the corruption in govt. by them going back in time they could make sure the corruption continued uninterupted

I can't explain it but I feel I have lived this life before and sometimes get preminition on things that will happen. I have many of times changed the direction I was traveling and by doing so I avioded a car accident that I could have been in.

I'm not saying I know everything but I feel "I been here and done this before"

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by rtcctr
I can't explain it but I feel I have lived this life before and sometimes get preminition on things that will happen. I have many of times changed the direction I was traveling and by doing so I avioded a car accident that I could have been in.

I'm not saying I know everything but I feel "I been here and done this before"

Well, that's a premonition or perception, it's not only on you, it's the same on me and on everybody, you think "hey, i live this..." but you can't remember, so not you, but your mind makes another things then you say "nah, maybe not", hope you understand me what I'm trying to say... now back in time... tell me anyone, can you change the future? can you change the past? what's your answer?

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Vimes

I think you're right about that. So you could never change the past of your own universe, instead you'd create a parallel universe by changing whatever you changed in the past. So the past as we know it will always be our past and will never be changed. It's the present and the future that we have to worry about for time travelers. Because our universe could be a parallel universe that was created by the time traveler's actions.

That brings up some odd questions though. Just what the hell are we if we're parallels of an original universe? How many universes are there? How many do you exist in? Who's living your life in another universe if you're living your life in this universe?

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 09:23 AM
link   
I'd not bother with trying to prevent an assassination. I think I'd rather witness things from the past to see what really happened.

- How were the pyramids built?
- What/who exactly were Quetzalcoatl and Kukulcan from Aztec and Mayan history?
- What really happened at Roswell?
- What was going in around the World Trade Center on the days leading up to 9/11?
- Did Moses really part the Red Sea?
- Who were the Anunnaki?
- Was the Ark of the Covenant an actual technological device?

That sort of thing.
Imagine knowing such information! Sadly, even after witnessing such things, no one would ever believe that you know the truth about them. But at least in witnessing them you're not meddling with the past and you're able to learn truths about what happened.

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 02:19 AM
link   
Traveling to the past is far too unlikely to be a realistic discovery by the year 2012. If a structure is created that can bend space and by doing so bend time, we would only be able to travel as far back as when this structure was completed and turned on. We will know when we turn the machine on if it works or doesn't because someone will most likely walk out of it instantly and warn us about our future. In order to travel through time we need a place to land and this structure would be as far into the past that we could travel. This theory would back up the op's theory of why timewave zero cannot predict the future past 2012.

This is of course my opinion.

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Or , if we travel back in time, the timeline starts anew, ours stops. No parallel universe issues, no kill my dad, how can i be born type issues.

If this is the case, it would explain how we restart our civilization so many times. Who says we have to invent time travel by 2012, perhaps a higher power(god, aliens, future man) step in on our behalf until we get sometihng or another right.

There are civilizations submerged under ocean that are far older then say 20,000 years old(cuba , japan), yet the oldest tree is 10,000 years old, huge peices of what happened in history are gone, but i think we may just be witnessing it happen again. If we all get wiped out, and only the amazon jungle tribes survive, would we not be right back to where we started when the mayas made the calendar in the first place. Hope some body wrote in big block letters, in some easy to find cave, that is going to be unharmed if the whole house come crumbling in. Things that make you go hmmm

I think time travel as well as FTL travel is more then possible , they are the missing variables in solving many of our unanswered questions.

Keep voicing your opinions people, a Harvard education dosnt make there ideas any more valid then ours.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Here are a few thoughts about time travel that I have had over the last few years.

First is that time travel is possible but extremly difficult to do and with current theory impossible because it assumes we can travel VAST distances instantaneously.

Here is how i think it can be done.

light and radio waves travel from the earth forever. Let's say we want to go back to the JFK assisination. WE need to calculate were the light from that earth is compared to where we are now. Of course this changes every moment so the location has to be constatntly updated. then we travel to that point in space. we can now see the earth at that time. Now we travel to that earth. Again each time we have traveld we had to go instantaneously. Current theory says that we can not travel past the speed of light though. However, if we did discover how to warp space...

Another thought about time travel is the ability to travel time in thought. This would limit us to observation only. Which takes the grandfather clause out of the equation. Since thoughts are electrical impulses then it stands to reason that that energy still exists (even if it is 1 billionth of a microwatt) in the universe. that could explain dejavu and other psycic phenomenon

My last thought on time travel is that when it is possible it is likely to be limited to just observation of the past. this could be accomplished by having the travelers be etheral for instance. Or effecting the past to change outcomes for the future may have something else that keeps the things from happening.

Example: You hop into your Delorian, crank on the Flux capacitor, set the time to Hitler's early life to assisinate him, hit the peddle and speed up to 88 MPH. So now you find yourself in Germany in the year 1900. You start hatching your plan to kill Hitler only every time you try to, something keeps hindering you. The angle you choose to sniper him has a tree in the way, you move somewhere only you fall off the wall and break your gun, you plan on blowing up his house but your fuse gets wet, you start running at him to knife him but trip on a rock, etc...

Just some different thoughts i have had. Now where did i put my crystal lens camera...

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by crusader
Time Travel was invented by Dr. Emmett Brown in 1985 anyways.

Was it? and who is emmett brown? anyway, pretty intresting stuff? I wonder what the world be like if we can go back in time, and prevent the 9/11 conspiracy? Maybe another line will exist, where the conspirators whoever they maybe decide to hatch another plan, and use planes to spray us with biological agents?

I believe in time travel, and it does exist.... well people we have 4 more years till 2012, let's see, what happens?? shall we?

LOL back to the future!!!

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS
Traveling to the past is far too unlikely to be a realistic discovery by the year 2012. If a structure is created that can bend space and by doing so bend time, we would only be able to travel as far back as when this structure was completed and turned on. We will know when we turn the machine on if it works or doesn't because someone will most likely walk out of it instantly and warn us about our future. In order to travel through time we need a place to land and this structure would be as far into the past that we could travel. This theory would back up the op's theory of why timewave zero cannot predict the future past 2012.

This is of course my opinion.

We can already bend light and it can make you invisible. CERN is working on teleportation. So with those type of technology it is possible to time travel, but nobody would mess with the past in fear they might not exist any more.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 10:04 AM
link   
reply to post by RussianScientists

Jules Verne did not "invent" time travel. That was HG Wells. It's an interesting read because it came out in 1895 1 year before Becquerel discovers radioactivity. The life expectancy of the sun in the story is based on the 1890s understanding of the universe.

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 03:01 AM
link   
there is a time wave coming from that ummm time... era? well, it somewhere between 2011 to 2014 or ah.. hundred or so year difference. if scientists do their jobs, that wouldnt happen. that much disturbance could permanently damage our time space region, turning earth into, i dont know a lava planet or take down its evolution a million years or turn it into a giant purple ball of protoplasmic glue for all i know, time is like that.but, it could destroy earth too, but only in tifferent time ........times...

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 03:35 AM
link   
Wow.....finally someone has come up with a new theory. Though it very highly unlikely gonna happen, it entertains me very much.
Thanks, mate.

[edit on 22-8-2010 by the_0bserver85]

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 01:06 PM
link   
if or when time travel is invented it should be acceseble to anyone and no rules needed

you cannot change the past
what if you go to the past to change somthing but the actions you took turn out to be the reason that event you are trying to change happend

lets say i wanna go back to the past to prevent the titanic from sinking
i get myself on the titanic and try to wanr the captain but he s so shure nothing will happen that he decides to show you nothing is wrong by i dunno speeding up or leaving the ruther unatended

no matter what you say to him he wont beleive you and make shure some guards or somthing make shure you cant get back into the control room (or bridge whatever you call it) and bam beqouse you made him speed up or becouse they are to busy trying to contain you they dont notice the iceberg in time and bam titanic goes down

anyway my point is you cannot change the past cous the past has already happend so also you going back in time trying to prevent it

it would give an interesting twist to the anciant astronout theory

instead of aliens comming to earth it could be time travelers that gave seartain civelisation writing and stuff
think about that

top topics

<< 1   >>

join