It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2012 = Time Travel

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 10:09 PM
link   
I think 2012 could signal time travel. This would also coincide with time wave zero.

It would become year zero and time would no longer be linear.

People from the future can fight wars in the past. You could truly have a terminator situation. Someone from the future could journey to the past and try to kill a future world leader.

Time would lose all of it's meaning as we presently know it.

We would live in a very crazy world because it could be 2020 and someone could go back to 2014 and change everything. There would be time travel police like in that movie The One. They were traveling to parallel universes but something similar.

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Interesting prediction.

My thoughts...

Before nonlinear time travel we must learn to bend space/time. Possibly we will learn how to bend or crunch space and time to travel great distances in our universe in 2012.

Personally, I do not believe the 2012 hype, but it would be interesting.

Time Travel was invented by Dr. Emmett Brown in 1985 anyways.

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 10:47 PM
link   
Comrad

I thought Jules Verne created time travel in fiction and Nikola Tesla created it in reality!

They did their stuff way before 1985!

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 04:27 AM
link   
Imagine, you could travel back in time and stop the Kennedy assassination, the 9/11 event, and stop the overuse of oil before the air was polluted with smelly stuff.

May change the future, or the present ... but wouldn't it be for the better?

Of course, they are working on things, like making mini-black holes, what they do with them, like rip space time, create worm holes, or destroy our solar system is yet to be known.

Go super large particle accelerator (CERN).

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 08:15 AM
link   
Good points Free Thinker.

I actually think you can't travel backwards in time and change things because at this point our worldline is fixed. So if you were to go back and kill Hitler before WW2 or stop the Kennedy assassination, I think you wouldn't change anything on our worldline but a parallel universe would branch off of ours where Hitler was killed and things are different.

I think if you build time travel say in 2012, then 2012 will be year zero.

People will be able to travel back to say 2014 from 2025 and try to kill a future leader.

Our worldline will go from being fixed to being very fluid because future wars will be fought in the past and this will constantly change our worldline.

So from 2012 on time would be nonlinear and things could get very interesting.

Now our worldline would be fluid from our point of view but from a Being from another dimension who could traverse our timeline our worldline would be fixed from that point of view. So if a future you came back to the past and left a lottery number on the kitchen table to a Being in a higher dimension this would be a fixed event but to us it would be very fluid.

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 08:30 AM
link   
Is it such a good idea to go back in time and change events ?

You could go back and change some presidential assassination, but that would send a ripple effect through the world, and who knows what would change, certain people might cease to exist, certain events might never happen...

Let's say someone travels back in time and stops George Bush from starting the iraq war,,,,who are we to say if that never happened America would still be in one piece ?

We cant say things aren't supposed to happen or not, but I suppose in some circumstances it's worth a try...

just be prepared for the consequences

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 05:27 AM
link   
Guess I had the final word on this one....

Case closed

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 05:56 AM
link   
Who is to say that time travel doesnt already exist in the future and people are comming back to change the course of existence? Maybe some of what we consider to be "big events" are caused by time travelers. I know, its pretty far fetched. Still, are we sure its not the case?

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 06:34 AM
link   
Chartreusechick = If time travel exists I believe that is the case, but if you look at it this way...if time travel doesn't exist for us yet, it just doesn't exist for us, we would never know, therefor in a sense never effect us...

unless time travel existed for us as a norm today we would not know/feel it's effects on us.

[edit on 22-2-2008 by Vimes]

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Good point Vimes,

I really never thought of that. Future versions of us or our children could be manipulating our worldline and we wouldn't know it until we discovered time travel.

Say Hitler was successful against Russia and went on to win WW2. A future person could go back in time and make it so Hitler loses to Russia and then loses WW2.

We would not remember the history where Hitler won WW2. We are essentially blind to any changes in history until we discover time travel.

Makes sense to me.

Maybe these changes in history are what we call providence or destiny.

[edit on 22-2-2008 by polomontana]

[edit on 22-2-2008 by polomontana]

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 03:46 PM
link   
You have started something Vimes!

I'm thinking about ways this could play out.

Say a future person went back in time and got his father that great job that he wanted. Well his father and mother move into a different neighborhood and they never become friends with the Millers.

Well his mother picked up the Millers son on his way home from school one day but in this history she doesn't pick him up and he gets killed by a drunk driver instead of going to Yale and becoming a lawyer. The Millers are distraught and they get divorced. Mrs. Miller kills herself and Mr. Miller ends up killing someone in a drunk driving accident. The smallest change in history could affect hundreds maybe thousands of people.

Say his mother doesn't pick up the Miller's son and he bumps into the new girl in school. They walk home and become high school sweethearts. They start a business together and the Miller's live happily ever after.

Our worldline could be filled with different histories that are parallel to each other. We just say, well it was meant to be or it was their destiny when it actually is future time travelers manipulating our worldline.

Interesting....

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 06:56 PM
link   
I'm not saying that we would realize how we are affected by it. I'm just saying how do we know the technology does not exist in the future and history is being altered as we live our lives.

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Man guys Time travel does not exsist, and if it was at all possible they "the smart people" who created it wouldn't allow history to be changed cause there's a possiblity of them not exisiting and then how would they create the Time Machine?

posted on Feb, 23 2008 @ 05:13 AM
link   
Did anybody think of the fact that maybe Time travel is possible with Worm holes and Menipulating gravity I know some things yall don't about teleportation not trying to change subject but would it not be intresting if one could time travel using teleportation.

posted on Feb, 25 2008 @ 01:33 AM
link   
I do believe time travel is possible, the universe is way too weird already for it not to exist...and yes, if lets say in 50 years from now, time travel is possible, it would be one of the most secret and controlled projects ever created...no one, and i mean no one except a select few would be privileged enough to know about it, and they would probably create a "ghost" crew who would cease to "exist" in the world so to say, who will go on missions for these select few in the past.

And i don't think time and "existence" is set in stone, therefore the possibilities of parallel universes existing are big in my view....

If someone goes back in time and changes something, which effects me personally, i believe that another parallel universe will be created and split apart into that direction of however the change effected me, and it will exist with me there in that universe, and then it is possible that i continue living in the current universe not ever knowing/experiencing that effect....if you are following what im saying....

it's a possibility

[edit on 25-2-2008 by Vimes]

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 04:39 AM
link   
I thought this was a very interesting subject for ATS, i'm surprised more people haven't given their opinion

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 10:42 AM
link   
That's a pretty interesting topic.

There is a Large Hadron Particle Collider being constructed by CERN.

"the world's largest particle physics laboratory, situated in the northwest suburbs of Geneva on the border between France and Switzerland."

More Info about it at WIKI:
en.wikipedia.org...:_the_Large_Hadron_Collider

Perhaps, soon after the completion of this experiment there will indeed be a new discovery.

(......wonder if Nostradamus has anything to say about this since this takes place so close to France?) *goes off to research*

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by onerpublic

here is a video explaining the LHC project...

www.youtube.com...

In the comments there are people expressing fear, cynicism and hype regarding this project. Personally...I find it fascinating. Especially after reading "The Elegant Universe" (I think there is a video of that too somewhere on youtube) If you haven't read it yet...I think you'll really like this book or PBS's tv series of it.

posted on Mar, 8 2008 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Time Travel was invented by Dr. Emmett Brown in 1985 anyways.

Was it? and who is emmett brown? anyway, pretty intresting stuff? I wonder what the world be like if we can go back in time, and prevent the 9/11 conspiracy? Maybe another line will exist, where the conspirators whoever they maybe decide to hatch another plan, and use planes to spray us with biological agents?

I believe in time travel, and it does exist.... well people we have 4 more years till 2012, let's see, what happens?? shall we?

posted on Mar, 9 2008 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Like in the movie "The One", time travel is possible but also parallel worlds... We are in this time so back to 1900 for example, and change anything you can't see the changes, but you who change the curse of the current time in 1900 made a new parallel world. Easy... Like other's says and you don't need to wait until 2012 lol =OP

top topics

<<   2 >>

join