It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Satellite Was Hit

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Fox news is reporting that the satellite was hit. Also reporting that the missile was only 10 million. What happened to 60 million?

[Mod Edit: Title was too vague]

Sorry Mod, I was a little excited. I honestly didn't think we would hit it! Go Navy!

[edit on 20-2-2008 by MemoryShock]

[edit on 20-2-2008 by macgyver]

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Dead on target!

My wife and I just saw it happen.

Very cool that I just happened to be lookin in the right spot at the right time.

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 09:49 PM
link   
reply to post by LockwithnoKey

Sweet... any pics ?

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Yah! Great job Navy!!

hope they have some good film or something on this.

Well , anyway its good to Know we can do this sort of thing.

I've been sitting here and I'm surprise they didn't interupe the radio show I was hearing.

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Awesome! Where were you watching from? That is definitely something to tell the grandkids.

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Now watch Moscow and Beijing.

There will be plenty of saber rattling to follow...

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 09:53 PM
link   
Anyone have any idea where the debris will fall to earth? Might be quite a show!

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 09:57 PM
link   
bbc news is reporting it aperntly hit it's target but not yet confirmed properly! just have to wait and see for some solid evidense.

[edit on 22/11/2007 by SE7EN]

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Sorry ya'll, no pics.

I was handling this cheezy little harbor freight special telescope when I just happened to notice it and just followed it not wanting to miss anything.

Sorry, to be clear I was looking at it with my eyes not the POS scope.

[edit on 20-2-2008 by LockwithnoKey]

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 10:06 PM
link   
I guess we wont know for sure until someone reports something hitting nearby?

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Well, did it look like an explosion or just a quick "poof"? Did you see any "shooting stars" from it? Damn, I wish I could have seen that!

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Comrads.....

Did your missile really hit the satellite?

Or......?

Did someone hit the "Satellite Self Destruct Button" at approximately the same time the missile was in the area of the Satellite?

After all it was a military satellite. Surely you aren't stupid enough to think that the USA military didn't have a self destruct button to get rid of the satellite.

It makes a great story, but did anybody get a picture of the missile actually striking the satellite?

I really like the USA photos of the first man to step on the moon, also; hahahahahahaha.

How is it that a camera was out there in space, behind the American coming down the ladder? If the camera was there to take a picture of him coming down the ladder to put the first footprints on the moon, then who was taking the film footage and sending it back to Earth? Aliens? hahahahaha

Yeah sure your rocket hit the satellite.....hahahahahahahaha. Don't be crazy, lets see some actual photos of it striking the satellite that haven't been doctored already!

Send us some real news next time, not just what your military wants you to think; or what they want the rest of the world to think.

I'll sell you lots of land at the North Pole if you believe what your military tells you.

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 10:19 PM
link   
pretty cool i guess as long as nobody is killed by falling debris

how big is the damn thing anyway

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 10:19 PM
link   
The camera that recorded Neil stepping on the moon was located on the lunar lander. Is that news to you??
So, do you believe that the former soviet union actually put sputnik in space? PROVE it. Get off the "wodka" if in fact you are from russia comrade.

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Anybody else find it odd that they chose to shoot the satellite down when every amateur astronomer and piece of equipment/telescope had their eyes trained on the lunar eclipse?

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 10:23 PM
link   
I have no idea why this got the attention it did!! I am sure the debates will continue when amateur photos start to trickle in. I am anxiously waiting the official videos as well...Somehow I know they will not jive to everyone.

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 10:24 PM
link   
I heard those satellites dont normally have the self destruction capabity because its too expensive and they're just not needed.
Now the one that went up to hit the satellite did have a self-destruct mechanism.

Does that make sense? I would think it'd be the other way around!

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Completely off topic, but while I was focused on typing my last reply, I SWEAR I heard a commercial about assafects?? I am sure that is not the correct spelling, but it defionitely sounded like ass affects. WTF??? The same guy that named herpecin must have came up with that one.

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 10:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Gools

Yup. I haven't the slightest idea though.

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 10:28 PM
link   
I find it really hard to believe that there wasn't a much larger, more visible explosion if the missle actually hit the target (the fuel tank). That should have made quite a large explosion, one that would have been clearly visible.

Quite a few years ago, I was outside my home in So Cal and witnessed what I later learned was one of the first successful missle intercept tests. A target was launched from the Marshall Islands and an intecept missle was launched from a Navy vessel in the Pacific Ocean. It hit it's target and when it did, I saw a ball of fire about the size of the full moon. At the time, I thought it was the moon. A little later when I looked up at the same spot I realized it wasn't the moon and I turned on the news and looked on the internet and learned that it was a successful missle test.

I really expected that a large explosion would be visible since that was a pretty huge fuel tank they were trying to blow up.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join