It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shadowy person-like shape (photo)

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2008 @ 12:01 AM
link   
reply to post by JABERWOCKYSUPERFLY

I have no idea who the author of the book was, I am sure it had one however, somebody published it. Given that we are talking about 8 years ago, printing books has been quite established for some time now, in the year 1999 they were pretty darn good at it! Did I say it was 'the necronomicaon'? NO. I said it was a copy of the Necronomicon, something which I had never heard of before I found the copy that I read and attempted to use. I am not here to prove to you anything, I don't need proof, I was there during these events and I know what took place, proof is in living it. If you need science or a scanned copy of a page then I will be unable to give it to you , that book is no longer in my possesion. I needed the 'curse' of that book off me, and following the instructions per the book itself, I gave it to someone else who wanted it. My entire life , every aspect of it, almost instantaneously changed when I did that one act. And her life?, a world of poop now. My story is genuine, and I expect most people to not understand or believe it, that is why I don't share it. I opened mysef up in this forum, because I thought I had seen many openminded individuals on here who may find it as bizzare and mind reeling as I myself do, and allow me to talk about some painful memories that simply make me feel better to talk about.

posted on Mar, 9 2008 @ 01:07 PM
link   
I dont think your quite following, I dunno how else to explain to you its not a real book. Copy or not, it would be a copy of a fake book so did you ever think that maybe your bad luck turning good because you got rid of a fake book is irrelevant. Otherwise maybe you wanna buy this lucky feather I have that I plucked from a pheonix. Tell you what you van even have my magic beans.

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 04:53 AM
link   
you should look up shadow people. i've seen them they are dark and dense and terrifying!

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Hmmm a lot of people in here have stated it's a fake but have been unable, or unwilling, to reproduce the results.

[edit on 19-3-2008 by AlliterationAshley]

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by miguelbmx
reply to post by _Phoenix_

i will try this tonight to see if i get those results. but i do see "shadow people" at work all the time and they look similar: i think im insane lol.

You're not the only one...who thinks you may be insane.

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by AlliterationAshley
Hmmm a lot of people in here have stated it's a fake but have been unable, or unwilling, to reproduce the results.

[edit on 19-3-2008 by AlliterationAshley]

Actually, one person already said that were able to get very similar results by holding an object close to the camera and shaking it while taking the photo. I see nothing about this photo that makes think anything supernatural is happening.

Think about this logically. Cameras detect light, mostly in the visible range. Some digital cameras pick up a little infrared. Infrared will not appear black on the photograph. Since this object is black, it *must* be a visible object and would have to have been visible to the people in the picture. It was either an accident or a purposeful hoax. There's nothing at all supernatural about it.

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 08:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Neiby

I didn't say there was anything supernatural going on here. What I find discommodious is the amount of people that chime in on it being an obvious fake without any regards to the OP. If it's so obviously a fake, the results shouldn't be that difficult and time consuming to reproduce.

It's not a hard concept to understand really. If you are going to call someone a fake with only conjuncture and your own opinion to back up your claims, you're a coward. It's a put up or shut up situation, either reproduce the picture or stop spamming the thread calling it a fake. Not directed towards you, but in general.

I'd also like to know exactly how a camera phone picture becomes double exposed, for the people saying that is what happened to this photo.

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 08:48 AM
link   
It looks like it is from a samsung camera phone from what the EXIF says, but, that is all it says. The shutter speed is very slow, and if you look at the woman to the far left of the photo, you can see through her arm because she is moving it

You can easily PS a shadow person into a photo. Here is a VERY crude 2 second try at it. If I wanted to take 5 minutes, I could make it look believable.

People say Photoshop to every strange photo because that is usually the most likely truth. Not saying that photos might not be true, but, the reality is they are usually faked to make people go nutty like this thread

[edit on 3/20/2008 by llpoolej]

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 09:00 AM
link   
This one took even less time, using a different and more "billowy" technique

My poor dog, every spirit is out to get her!

I am not the great at PS. So, *anybody* with a copy of a decent editing program can do this in absolutely no time

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by AlliterationAshley
reply to post by Neiby

I didn't say there was anything supernatural going on here. What I find discommodious is the amount of people that chime in on it being an obvious fake without any regards to the OP. If it's so obviously a fake, the results shouldn't be that difficult and time consuming to reproduce.

It's not a hard concept to understand really. If you are going to call someone a fake with only conjuncture and your own opinion to back up your claims, you're a coward. It's a put up or shut up situation, either reproduce the picture or stop spamming the thread calling it a fake. Not directed towards you, but in general.

I'd also like to know exactly how a camera phone picture becomes double exposed, for the people saying that is what happened to this photo.

Please calm down.

You claimed that no one had tried to duplicate the images. I simply pointed out that earlier in the thread, someone had done just that. They just hadn't posted them, but they were mentioned.

Then I went on to address other people in the thread who were suggesting a supernatural origin. I explained why that probably wasn't the case. I'm not sure why you say that is arrogant. You seem to be taking this personally for some reason.

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 05:04 PM
link   
This thread speaks volumes to why many skeptics are not truth seekers but they are trying to protect their pr-existing belief system.

If a picture or video of a U.F.O. or paranormal event looks good then it's fake or too good to be true.

With this standard you are not seeking the truth but you are placating a belief that you already hold.

Just because you can duplicate something means nothing especially in this day and age.

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by polomontana
This thread speaks volumes to why many skeptics are not truth seekers but they are trying to protect their pr-existing belief system.

If a picture or video of a U.F.O. or paranormal event looks good then it's fake or too good to be true.

With this standard you are not seeking the truth but you are placating a belief that you already hold.

Just because you can duplicate something means nothing especially in this day and age.

This is just Occam's Razor at work. If someone claims that any particular thing or event is paranormal in nature, yet there are ample natural explanations that are more likely and more feasible, I'm siding with the natural explanations. We can only proceed to the supernatural explanations once we've eliminated the natural explanations.

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Neiby

Originally posted by polomontana

This is just Occam's Razor at work. If someone claims that any particular thing or event is paranormal in nature, yet there are ample natural explanations that are more likely and more feasible, I'm siding with the natural explanations. We can only proceed to the supernatural explanations once we've eliminated the natural explanations.

What do you mean by natural explanation? This is the problem with many skeptics and this proves my point.

A U.F.O. or a paranormal event would be a natural explanation, it's just one we don't fully understand.

If you were to go back 2,000 years in time and clone a sheep, that would be seen as a supernatural event.

The "natural explanation" is just another way of saying if it's something I can't understand and if it goes against my pre-existing belief system, then the explanation has to be something that they are comfortable with.

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join