It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shadowy person-like shape (photo)

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 08:25 PM
link   
I had this photo passed to me by a friend of my mum - I'm not sure what to make of it. One person that saw it said it resembled a monk...
If it is something paranormal, it does look like a figure, facing to the left and slightly away with arms behind back.
Having said that, I do think it's very possible it's just a normal phenomena (dirt/foreground object).
The image I got had little/no EXIF data but I believe the image was taken with a cameraphone - possibly one that doesn't record EXIF data.

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 08:37 PM
link   
HOLY CRAP!!!

My face was close to the moniter and the pic popped up and scared the day lights out of me!!!

I think that you have got something very intersting! this picture is amazing.

good post

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 08:50 PM
link   
Very interesting pic.
Have you had anybody with video or camera knowledge decipher if it was an anomoly of the film or the lense?
Here on ATS there will be someone along to either validate or debunk it.
Relly cool post though!

Maybe you should send it to a paranormal group for some authentication.

[edit on 20-2-2008 by Allred5923]

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Wow..One of the more creepy pictures I have seen in the paranormal forum.

While it is very strange I'm guessing it's nothing more than a problem with the camera/film.

But who know's? It could be something paranormal.

Regardless, very cool and spooky pic. Thanks for sharing.

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 08:58 PM
link   
WOW

This has got to be one of the creepiest pictures I've seen!

Great post!

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 09:01 PM
link   
I'd hit it.. on wait you mean the shadow? Yeah that thing is pretty freaky.

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 09:04 PM
link   
It is 3am and I won't be taking the time now to bring up the picture in photoshop and look into it in more detail but off the top of my head (and taking the devil's advocate role here) could it be something really close to the lens when the picture was taken?

For example - if the person taking the picture had at the time in their mouth an object similar to the one the girl has it might give this effect. The blur might be explained as well then.

But this is just off the top of my head (a tired one as is).

It is an intriguing picture. Looking forward for the discussion on this one.
Thanks for the post.

[edit on 20-2-2008 by InTrueFiction]

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Did you crop that pic? If not, it would appear to be a fake because it is centered on both figures. If it were a regular pic, the shadow figure would most likely not be centered within the shot.
Never mind, I just looked at the off site photo.

[edit on 20-2-2008 by macgyver]

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by macgyver
Did you crop that pic? If not, it would appear to be a fake because it is centered on both figures. If it were a regular pic, the shadow figure would most likely not be centered within the shot.

Actually that picture (the original linked one) looks pretty much centered on the girl if you ask me.

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 09:10 PM
link   
I don't know whats so amazing, to me it looks like there is a small model really close to the camera.

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 09:20 PM
link   
LOL, that's a pretty cool Photoshop there. What is that guy holding, a fork, and pretending to stab her? You can see it even better in the negative.

I have seen actual "shadow people" myself, and they are completely black. No shades, so you would basically have an outline with a solid color.

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 09:23 PM
link   
reply to post by _Phoenix_

Could be but wouldn't the bottle be just as out of focus? Looks pretty close to the camera lens as well. I don't know a lot about cameras though so I could be wrong here.

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by blowfishdl
I'd hit it.. on wait you mean the shadow? Yeah that thing is pretty freaky.

hahahahaha!!! that was messed up man.

I dont think it could have been anything that was too close to the camera because it looks too much like the shape of a person.

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Whatever it is, it doesn't have very good posture. Look at that slanting neck.

Good picture though, if it's definitely not a Photochop. I don't know what to make of it, but any case, I don't like the look of it

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Roland Deschain

Could be but wouldn't the bottle be just as out of focus? Looks pretty close to the camera lens as well. I don't know a lot about cameras though so I could be wrong here.

From what I think I see the black object is much closer to the camera than the bottle.

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 10:49 PM
link   
I get the feeling that shadow is her in a previous position. but why would she leave behind an etheric copy unintentionally?

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cyborg Ninja
LOL, that's a pretty cool Photoshop there. What is that guy holding, a fork, and pretending to stab her? You can see it even better in the negative.

I have seen actual "shadow people" myself, and they are completely black. No shades, so you would basically have an outline with a solid color.

Maybe you have seen Shadow people, but this guy has a picture. Where's yours? Come on people quit hollering Photoshop everytime you can't explain something logically.
I say it is a really odd picture and I have no idea what it is, but look forward to the views of someone with more expertise in photography.

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 11:10 PM
link   

after a second look i'm going to have to agree with you here...i think you may have nailed this one, phoenix..

way to stay on top of it

edit: eh..Just a second..Looks to me like the blackness is going behind her...even in the negative one

so maybe not phoenix...

[edit on 20-2-2008 by Roland Deschain]

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 11:13 PM
link   

I think what you are seeing is motion blur, not a focus issue. The object is moving and the bottle is not, so the figure looks out of focus.

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 11:27 PM
link   
Cool photo, I have a hard time believing it's real. The object is physically solid in the photo, it isn't 'ethereal' at all.

It looks like a person in a dark-grey/black long sleeve turtle neck with a black stocking, wearing dark black pants. You can see the hem line of (his?) shirt where it meets the legs of (her?) pants.
Obviously, the person would be walking by quickly (blur).

It'd be nice if people didn't circulate fake ghost stuff... there's actually quite a few gems of real ghosts on video etc.

[edit on 20-2-2008 by NewWorldOver]

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join