It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

John McCain Scandal-Secret Girlfriend?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 08:24 PM
link   
This could be the end for him if this is true.

New York Times

Mr. McCain, 71, and the lobbyist, Vicki Iseman, 40, both say they never had a romantic relationship. But to his advisers, even the appearance of a close bond with a lobbyist whose clients often had business before the Senate committee Mr. McCain led threatened the story of redemption and rectitude that defined his political identity.[/

I dont think it matters anyway, to me, it looks like Obama will be our new President.

[edit on 20-2-2008 by earth2]

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 08:39 PM
link   
I'm likin' McCain more and more.
Nice tastes... doesn't appear high-mileage, got an eyebrow problem though... doesn't look the "lobby" type though. Little more upstairs perhaps?

All one has to read is "corporate jet" and eight years ago. Nah, I'd never. My tastes are a little a little "closer to home". LOL. They're both laughing... me too. Listening to Devo "Space Junk".

Best "fun" read today but like who gives a flying-torque-framus-kadoozle anymore? Oh right, the right. They only really count to themselves and commercial-jerk-water radio anywhoo. Hey, wouldn't they hang this on him and go-Clinton like that Coulter she-twerp as a character assassination device? Would they? Wink. Corporate jet... very nice. Even Fox laughs at Coulter.

I think McCain would be OK. Obama too. Not that it won't take a century to fix that last eight. Gotta start somewhere.

Vic

[edit on 20-2-2008 by V Kaminski]

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 12:09 PM
link   
First of all, I don't think the NY Times article said that there was a sexual affair. If Iseman and McCain both deny it, unless someone ELSE comes out with proof, that would be a hard one to prove.
In addition, the Bill Clinton affair pretty much put to rest the idea that any significant portion of the population really gives a hoot.
Of course, the more significant aspect of this, is if it could be proven that McCain's vote was influenced in any way that hurt the American people. Lobbyists are not illegal, and unfortunately, it would be hard to make them illegal, because they would just find a way to influence congress members through some other means.
The fact is that lobbyists whole raison d'existence is to influence members, by "educating" them on a subject.

Thus, in order for this to have a lasting effect, someone would have to find a vote or action of McCain, where the common good was damaged by that vote or action. That may be a VERY hard thing to do, especially since the Times SAT on this story for over 8 years. They had 8 years to find such a situation, and the fact that they have not, makes it extremely unlikely that it will be found, if indeed, it occurred at all.
The effect this will have is:

1. There will be a lot of material for the cable network shows, the newspapers, and bloggers over the next several months
  2. We will see lots of new pictures of Vicki Iseman
  3. There will be lots of Vicki Iseman items on Ebay, you know, old nightgowns supposedly worn by her, etc
  4. The rag sheets have plenty of front page material now

"America, WHAT A COUNTRY". (Yakov Smirnoff said this, and I give him full credit for this quote. I wouldn't want to be accused of Xeroxing my post!)

join