It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did McCain have affair and do favors for lobbyist?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Did McCain have affair and do favors for lobbyist?

www.nytimes.com

Early in Senator John McCain’s first run for the White House eight years ago, waves of anxiety swept through his small circle of advisers.

A female lobbyist had been turning up with him at fund-raisers, in his offices and aboard a client’s corporate jet. Convinced the relationship had become romantic, some of his top advisers intervened to protect the candidate from himself — instructing staff members to block the woman’s access, privately warning her away and repeatedly confronting him, several people involved in the campaign said on the condition of anonymity.

When news organizations reported that Mr. McCain had written letters to government regulators on behalf of the lobbyist’s clients, the former campaign associates said, some aides feared for a time that attention would fall on her involvement.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 07:11 PM
link   
John McCain may have a problem with his ethics if what this article says is true. The NYT reports that he did favors for clients of the lobbyist and his Senate staffers believe the two were have a romantic relationship.

I have been wondering why Mike Huckabee has been so adamant about staying in the race, perhaps this is the "Miracle" Huckabee has been talking about.

It will be interesting to see what McCains explanation of this will be.

www.nytimes.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

Additional News Stories:
www.capitolhillblue.com...

[edit on 20-2-2008 by realmatrix]

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Ron Paul has been hinting at this for months. This is the path to the Brokered Convention. When McCinsane is forced to step aside by lack of votes in the next primary, the 700+ remaining delegates will not be enough for Ron or Mike to win. The national convention should be historical and very nail biting.
GO RON PAUL!!

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by robwerden

McInsane is getting what he deserves, the vile peice of garbage. Live by the media die by the media. Can we clone Ronald Reagan? Please.....

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by robwerden

I think the biggest problem for McCain on this issue is the area of Lobbyist. Did he or did'nt he do favors and pass legislation favorable to this lobbyist's clients? The possible affair with the woman is between him and his wife, but I'm sure it won't help him or his campaign.

So your saying that this may lead to a brokered Republican convention? It's possible, because McCain's critics, like Rush Linbaugh, have been waiting for something like this to take him down.

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 07:29 PM
link   
What? Are you serious? As Falafel Boy would say "this doesn't help fight Al Qida."

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 08:51 AM
link   
whats wrong having fun with a female lobbyist?
it's only half as bad as smoking crack and then having homosexual affairs multiple times like barrack obama did.
at least mccain has the guts to stand in front of the country and defend himself as where barrack obama and his political party has tried so hard to keep that out of the public's eye..
can you imagine where this country would end up if we had a black , crack smoking , bi-sexual leading the way.
there would be crap like the ,,,, don't ask don't tell because it's sexy that way policy.
i don't have anything about gay's, as a matter of fact my close freind is gay but i sure don't want him to be the president.
even worse a hormonally imbalanced female.
yet even worse,, a crackhead bi-sexual president and an over bearing on her period cranky, mouthy broad who's ol'man cheats on her vice president . what a wonderfully progressive country this would be then...

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 09:07 AM
link   
reply to post by ironman433

Ironman433, I didn't know the NYT printed a story like you describe on Barak Obama?....the question is did the NYT go over the line or is this story true? If it is true then did McCain do anything abnormal to assist this lobbyist!

Your rant is I suspect about something that you and Larry Sinclair have dreamed up!

[edit on 21-2-2008 by realmatrix]

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 09:23 AM
link   
i don't know the guy personally, but then i don't imagine anyone here knows the lobbiest either.. fair and balanced i always say,,,, oh yah someone else did before me ... but anyway here's the link for those who havn't seen it yet .....www.youtube.com...:%2F%2Fwww.anorak.co.uk%2Fpoliticians%2F179725.html

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 12:18 AM
link   
This is such a flimsy story that no one with any credibilty is buying it.

Many would like it to be true and they admit to being open to more and better evidence, but so far it's just no their.

The NYT is developing a reputation for being the most irresponsible newspapers ever.

The journalistic scandals they've been involved with legion.

If McCain is guilty, then he deserves what he gets and Huckabee may get the miracle he's been looking for, or maybe he'll have stuck around long enough for the event he's been expecting.

Still, if the only sources for this story are a couple of anonymous, disgruntled employees, this isn't going anywhere.

...several people involved in the campaign said on the condition of anonymity.

www.nytimes.com...

new topics

top topics

join