It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Total Lunar Eclipse today! (Feb.20)

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 05:37 AM
link   
Nice!!! I stayed up till 4 a.m but I couldn't see it because of the thick clouds and fog:/

So sad because when my sky is clear, it really is clear.

[edit on 21-2-2008 by ZikhaN]

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 06:23 AM
link   
I went out and looked(in spite of cold) around 10 EST and 1 AM. It was over half at 10 a very eerie reddish orange. Then around 1 it just was dark. Best I have ever seen though.

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 06:52 AM
link   
It was great!I got my binoculars out and watch, I really want to see a solar eclips though.I laghed when my neigbour asked if we should sacrifice something haha.

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 07:48 AM
link   
MY PICS
sorry for the quality.also they are backwards the bottom one is at the beginning and top at the end.

[edit on 21-2-2008 by miguelbmx]

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 08:30 AM
link   
reply to post by miguelbmx

Those pictures are very nice.

Did you take one at totality?

What equipment did you use?

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 09:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Hal9000

thank you and no i was not able to get a fully eclipsed moon picture that would have been a great picture, i was at work at the time and it was a very busy work night.
maybe next time. i use this for all my pictures.

seems to do the job some times but i was rushing in and out of work and thats why they look kinda blurry, that and it was cold as heck lol.

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 09:24 AM
link   
That looks like a nice camera. I've been thinking of getting a Rebel digital for events like this. I tried using a 80mm Nighthawk refractor telescope with a DSI Color CCD camera, but it was saturated on the bight side of the moon and under exposed on the dark side. I may be able to pull something out of my pictures with some processing.

There are several excellent pictures of the eclipse on Spaceweather.com for anyone interested.

www.spaceweather.com...

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 09:56 AM
link   
wow some of those pictures are so good(and they all are) they almost look fake. thanks for the link

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by miguelbmx

Beauty mig'. Mine shot from here in TO... digitally "not good". All fuzzy cuz of the light and air pollution. My buddy Bill says he has some decent shots and I look forward to what he caught in a professional capacity. It was pretty cool to watch.

Thanx miguel

Vic

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by V Kaminski

thanks i just wish i had timed my escapes from work a little better.

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Here are some of the picture I took last night, I am kinda mad I missed the Full eclipse because its Dec 2010 before it happens again.

First picture is messing a round, slow shutter speed, and not on tripod.

This is how close it was to being there, and I still missed the end by a lot. Edit, I just noticed, I had already missed it at this point.

Here is when i came back out, it was almost over.

One Close up.

[edit on 21-2-2008 by SpittinCobra]

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 02:49 PM
link   
How come it's not red in any of your pictures?:/

Is it because you missed it?

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by ZikhaN

Mine had the orange/peach washed out too. I was using a Nikon L11 digital and it didn't go as planned... maybe there's some sort of filters built in... I got a couple of what should be good shots on my old AE35 film camera.

Vic

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Well, it's February in the midwest and we've had nothing but clouds for quite awhile, but amazingly the sky cleared and I was able to enjoy the entire eclipse from start to finish before the clouds moved back in.

Stunning!!

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZikhaN
How come it's not red in any of your pictures?:/

Is it because you missed it?

It was only red here a couple of times, in the first pic you can see a glimmer of red.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join