It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Inbox only showing some U2U messages

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 01:51 PM
link   
There's a message in my U2U inbox that I'd like to re-read. I know I haven't deleted it. But it looks like the inbox is only showing the last 25 messages. When I delete one of those messages, the next one appears at the bottom, so I know that the other messages aren't gone.

I remember the Overlord saying once that the U2U database tends to slow the board down when one is accessing. So I'm guessing SO made a change there so that only the last 25 messages are shown. Is there a way for me to look at the next 25 messages and so on?

Is anyone else experiencing this?

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Beachcoma

I have been checking on this for you and there isn't a new policy about 25 inbox u2u's.

What is your u2u quota & total u2u's, could there be too many?

In the future, if you have some u2u's that you would like to keep, hit the save option which puts them in another folder for safekeeping.

Any more information you can provide to help me, help you, would be appreciated.

I haven't found anyone that is experiencing the inbox issue you are describing.

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 04:08 PM
link   
It's not a quota issue.

You have 617 total U2U's. Your quota is 750.

Only the latest 25 are showing. If I delete one, it will show the 26th message that was previously hidden.

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Does this happen in your outbox and saved folder as well, or are you able to view more than 25?

I checked mine out, on both IE7 and Safari and the scrolling function works for me, I can view them all, maybe a clear cache could help?

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Yeah it's happening in my inbox too, only the latest 25 show...

My outbox shows them all.

Haven't put any in the saved folder yet...

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 04:26 PM
link   
It's only happening in the inbox folder.

I've cleared the cache and tried using IE. Same result. Here is the screenshot.

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Let me do some more research and see if I can get you an answer BC.

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 04:32 PM
link   
While we're on the subject of U2Us, perhaps I should also add that there appears to be a bug when sending a message with an apostrophe in the subject line. The subject line of the replies to that message will truncate anything after the apostrophe (') symbol. For example, if I send a message with the subject line "So what's the policy..." the reply message will be titled "Re: So what". Not sure if that's what the recipient receives..

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by goosdawg
Yeah it's happening in my inbox too, only the latest 25 show...

Yes... it's been that way for quite a while. We elected to limit the number of U2U's shown, rather than enforce purging. If you save important U2U's, they're no longer in your inbox.

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 04:45 PM
link   
So in order to get to that message I'm looking for (which is not one of the latest 25) I will have to either delete or save the latest 25 messages then?

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 04:47 PM
link   

That's what I would do, I usually save the one's I want to keep immediately and trash the one's I don't need, once you get them in the saved folder you should be able to see them all if necessary.

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

Ah, okay.

I didn't think it was something recent.

Thanks for the update.

Guess it's high time for me to do some u2u house cleaning and organizing.

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Oh... wow. This would take a while. The message I'm looking for is from December 2007

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 05:07 PM
link   
My question is why were we not made aware of the change so that we could save the messages we wanted and delete the ones that weren' important.

Again, I know "This is a very busy site and everyone is doing the best we can"

I just thought we were a team here. It just seems each day something else happens that limits the member.

I love this site. I am willing to be patient. But communication seems to be the key here. I am hoping that there is just some issues that maybe we don't need to know as members and the staff is working on them.

But when all the quirks and limitations only effect the members ability to control the data (u2u's, post history, etc) it seems one sided.

Edit to add: One thing that is happening to me regularly of late is when I attempt to access a thread I am told my yahoo browser has encountered a problem and needs to close. This may be an issue on my end, and I am able to reaccess my browser, but it seems weird when it only happens trying to access a handful of ATS threads. I am not blaming this on ATS, but just another recent interferance of my experience here.

[edit on 20-2-2008 by interestedalways]

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Well here is a new one. I just went to the member center and attempted to send a u2u to a friend. I really thought hard about what I wanted to say and don't think I can duplicate it and when I sent it I was given the flood control message.

I had sent no other u2u so I shouldn't have been denied sending that one, which of course doesn't save.

So is there anything else we need to know?

Anything about flood control that had changed.

Number one you can't even reply to a message if you are in the flood control "wait a minute mode" so why was I able to reply and send and then be told flood control is in effect and my message lost.

Geez!

Edit to add: and why are the smilies at the bottom of this thread page saying "Hello" to me???www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 20-2-2008 by interestedalways]

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 05:46 PM
link   
OKay, hard as it is to admit..............

The u2u in question was sent. I am not used to flood control showing unless I am attempting to send a second message, so ...........

In all fairness, i acted hastily in my last post.

I unwittingly jumped the gun and saw a problem that didn't exist.

When folks are on extra alert at times we do see what reinforces out belief.

The purpose of this post is in the nature of fairness.

In all fairness all acusations are not true and haven't been explored enough to blame the site!!!

Thanks for the indulgence.

new topics

top topics

join