It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Plague of Cops Gone Bad..Why?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 01:34 PM
link   
What is with the plague of Cops gone bad?

It seems you cannot watch a news broadcast without an article on a Cop who has gone bad. This, of all things newsworthy, has got to be most disturbing.

I say this for a number of reasons.

1. The police must go through an intense background investigation before they are even allowed to be cops.
2. The police person’s main duty is to protect and to serve.
3. The police person’s main allegiance is to the public he serves…not his cop friends.
4. Society tries with all of its educational might to teach young people to trust the police….yet the trust factor are hitting an all time low.

Yet with these and other checks in place it seems we have a plague of bad cops on our hands!

Why? What interest do they serve? If it was Joe citizen then would you not see a larger trust factor rather then a larger distrust factor?

Every day on the news, even if it is a pro cop show like Nancy Grace, you see police on trial for the most horrific crimes. Murder, rape, covering evidence, beating innocent people etc, etc.

It almost seems as if the people whose job it is to protect and serve are protecting and serving some other interest. What would that be? Lining there own pockets, expanding a lawless, freedom less police state in which they have free reign?

The police seem to serve lying politicians, corrupt big business, and an out of control judicial system more then your average Joe or Jane citizen. Below are just a few recent links that apply to the above concern.
blog.mlive.com...

www.starexponent.com.../MGArticle/CSE_MGArticle&c=MGArticle&cid=1173354676088

[edit on 20-2-2008 by whiteraven]

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 01:44 PM
link   
This has always occured but if the MSM didn't pick it up from local newspapers it didn't get national coverage.

YouTube and video survillance made it real for many people. Instead of reading an article that said a handcuffed suspect was allegedly abused by a sheriffs deputy, you can now see a video where the woman is lying in a puddle of her own blood or being stripped naked by skinheads.

The first video I really remember was Rodney King. It didn't do him much good either.

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Other news articles.www.cbsnews.com...
www.cnn.com...
tallahassee.com...

These are just a few. A casual search on google blows the mind of any honest citizen when he sees the thousands of cops who have been caught yet there is no public outcry.

We see politicians whipping up the public concerning gangs and violence yet we never hear them addressing this problem. Namely, the police state increasingly abusing those whom they have sworn to protect and to serve.

The alarming fact is this is only the tip of the iceberg!

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by ColdWater

True...we are in the vid. age..this had uncovered alot...yet my question lies in this. Why, after a few years on the force, (FED OR CIVIC), do so many cops go bad? They start out all bright eyed and bushy tailed yet, after a few years, I see a better code of ethic among some gangbangers then I do many cops.

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 01:57 PM
link   
The reason for cops going bad is that they can...pure and simple.

The whole justice system is configured to take them at their word and NOT the average citizens word.....unless you have undeniable proof.

and even if you have the proof.....chances are they will probally get off.....and you will get harrased from then on.

If somone wants to help their community / city then be an EMT or a fireman.

those who are cops or want to be cops are looking to push someone around and to be the bully. maybe they were pushed around when young and now want to take it out on the general public. maybe they had abusive parents and now they want to abuse.....or it's a power trip. They like holding the cards on someones life and they use it to entrap and ensnare the possible offender for the purpose of money (fines) and jail.

I will NEVER trust a cop EVER. Power corrupts.

[edit on 20-2-2008 by Alpha Grey]

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Alpha Grey

I agree to a point Alpha Grey yet, and this is just a casual observation, it seems that there are more cops commiting murder, sex crimes etc then before. (before being last 5 years)

No politician wants to cover this. They all want to stamp down on your standard citizen.

I came across a law that wants to double the sentence of a crime if you break it as a cop or lawgiver. Here is the link
www.reportbadcops.com...

There is a pending movement in Florida to double the time if you are a bad cop....GREAT IDEA.

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by whiteraven
reply to post by ColdWater

True...we are in the vid. age..this had uncovered alot...yet my question lies in this. Why, after a few years on the force, (FED OR CIVIC), do so many cops go bad? They start out all bright eyed and bushy tailed yet, after a few years, I see a better code of ethic among some gangbangers then I do many cops.

You know after Hurricane Katrina FEMA needed temporary help to monitor the work crews that were cleaning up the area. So I went down their full of optimism that I'd be able to really help people who needed it.

And after the first few weeks when I refused to be a part of the kick back system and was treated with suspicion and hostility I still said "hey, this stuff happens, but I'm really helping people"

And then the homeowners started coming out of their houses with shotguns and threatening anyone near their land and I still thought "hey the're not all bad and we're getting this place cleaned up for the good ones"

And then after the nice people got their debris cleaned up they started complaining that the big loud smelly cleanup trucks were disrupting their life and they didn't want them driving down their streets.

The day I left one and half years later if you had asked me how I felt about that area I would have said "Let it burn to the ground."

Cops don't deal with the good people very often, only the bad.

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Good point Coldwater. I helped out a retired cop the other day and the guy just oozed hate toward so many people. He is a good guy but somebody I would never trust. He seemed to have soured to the point of no return.

I haved known many cops over the years and became involved with some of them...and I had great times with them. But I would never trust them. They look out for themselves....like a gangbanger.

I think some have expectations that are to high and they end up getting what I call a "old warrior" syndrome. Bitter and untrusting.....but to have some of these guys just go 100 percent south is crazy. They must lose it at some point.

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 10:14 PM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...\

Here is another link to a cop gone bad. This is the Peterson guy out of Chicago. Looks like he killed two of his wives.

Since I posted this in skunkworks...I want to float a theory.

I was working with a guy who was ex military (Granada Invasion)...ex cop (Tulsa Sherrif Dept) and he warned me that a lot of cops carry out a lot of murders. He related it to Murder Inc. in Kansas City. He spooked me.

At the time we were looking at a Meth RIng near Tulsa, Ok. Some people had gone missing and he seemed to think that some people involved with a Sherrif Dept...(not Tulsa) had some intimate knowledge of the people who had disapeared.

He was the kind of guy that can look after himself but he wanted to back completely away from this one. He was spooked....and I became spooked.

Just a crazy thought....how deep has Crime Inc. gone...enough to spook a very tough friend of mine....enough to push some cops over the edge.

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Because the police force is a state-sanctioned mafia. That's really all there is to it. It's a gang, just like any other, a moneymaking enterprise with pretenses of "community service"

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 10:32 PM
link   
reply to post by TheWalkingFox

I could say they are "fill in the blank"...but without any proof of your statement how is anybody going to believe what you are saying!

Give me a little proof...some sources...

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Modern police departments have taken a decidedly military tone in recent years and recruit more from the military as well.

As I've said in threads before, the military trains you to kill people and destroy things or support those who do. Be assured, that as an American, I appreciate and honor their sacrifice.

However, there is a mindset that is required for killing and destroying. The military usually goes to great pains to make sure it's adopted. This mindset is one of Us vs. The Enemy and all that comes with it. Now bring this mindset home, give it a badge and a weapon, and set it loose on the civilian population. Why would anyone think this would be a good idea?

I also believe that the corruption inherent in our system, the caliber of people they have to deal with on a daily basis, and having to enforce stupid and counter-productive laws drives most cops insane over time. I pity most of them. Of course, I don't trust them at all.

They are what our society has made them. They enforce the laws our Leaders tell them to. If the Leaders and the laws they make are corrupt, how can the cops not be?

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ambient Sound
Modern police departments have taken a decidedly military tone in recent years and recruit more from the military as well. quote

True. I have seen this. So, with this in mind, are we on our way to a police state with no way to halt the madness.

If our politicians use "Law enforcement" as a tool to scare people and then get themselves elected and pass stupid laws that infuriate both cops and citizens how can we curb this madness?

If we protest we are arrested.
If we demand change we are spied upon and harassed.

This rule of thumb applies to cops as well.

Below is a link which spotlights a cop who refuses to testify because if he does he risks death and danger to his family by Canadian Politicians as well as Canadian cops.

We are living in interesting times
www.canada.com...

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 10:55 PM
link   
reply to post by whiteraven

How many precinct websites do I need to link for you?
It's in the organization and functions. Look at the way the police operate, and the way the mafia operates. See the free pass cops get in the legal system, compare it to the "made man" function within the mafia. Are policing and racketeering that different? We'll "protect" you, and if you don't accept our gracious largesse, you'll need protection from us. Do you think the police actually dispose of all those drugs they spend so much time confiscating?

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Is it the police or does it go higher up? IF the politicians are controled via criminal organizations and the police answer to the politicians then maybe we should look higher up!

Look at the news link I gave on the cop who wants to expose the pedophile ring in Ontario. This guy's life has become hell on earth. Lawyers and politicians are the bane of his life!

[edit on 21-2-2008 by whiteraven]

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 11:16 PM
link   
Funny, the one answer/idea I havent' seen yet is that the media isn't going to/doesn't show the good cops, only the bad ones.ay What is the percentage of bad ones to good ones? We'll never know unfortunately. Like the one here in Shreveport, he was bad, but I know LOTS of good ones.

It is the video age and only the bad stuff gets published, you never see on the news how some cop came to someone's house to scare off a would-be thief, only the cop that opened the door for him. It's a shame. The public wants to see the bad in people so, they get it I guess.

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 11:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Hendu

Yep...How many good cops are there? Lots. Lots of people are rescued and helped by these guys.

But...there seems to be a sharp rise in bad cops.

I was talking to a biker from Calgary a while ago and he said that the City of Calgary had hired on a bunch of rookies from guys that were on welfare. this happened in the early 1980's.
I laughed.
He swore by it and said a lot of the corrupt guys came from these recruits.

Are we scraping the bottom of the barrel to try to meet some politicians quota?

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 02:27 AM
link   
Rodney King's cops should have done time!

But after the not guilty verdict, when L.A. started to burn, I saw the
darndest thing...

cops retreating!

A reminder that when enough people are united, no-one has control,
especially cops!

What sickened me lately, was the footage of a cop spilling a disabled
person out of thier wheelchair.

How could anyone do that?

Watching it repulsed me. Thinking about it only confirms how evil
au6th6or6ity is.

Incredible avatar, ColdWater!

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 02:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by FRIGHTENER

Incredible avatar, ColdWater!

Thanks I can't quit laughing every time I see it. Those guys just casually look over as that lady falls into a bottomless pit.

To add to the topic it's unbelievable that people have not rioted after some of the videos we've seen lately.

Hand it to blacks and latinos to stand up for their brothers and sisters. Whites are just like "ho hum, they must have done something to deserve getting beat down like a filthy animal" (not this forum).

I feel bad for the person who's going to be the trigger. They're going to have to get beat to a bloody pulp, because stripping a woman naked, dumping a handicap out of a wheel chair, tasering children, destroying a womans face and the countless other videos out there have done nothing to cause a real public outcry.

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 04:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Hendu

Yeah, of course there's more good cops than bad cops, but the system they work in is corrupted. The problem is we can't afford to have bad cops. What ever happened to real cops who would put their life on the line to disarm some mentally unstable person with a knife, bat or rock etc. Nope now it's shoot first because they can per policy, and we have a bunch of lazy pussies who don't want to take any risks anymore, so they do it the easy way and shoot.

I think what it boils down to is, it has become okay for cops to do whatever they want and we have once good cops becoming bad because they have become part of an out of control evil entity that's only goal is to support itself financially through the courts & prison industries and who's unions only goal is to protect their members at any cost.

No doubt many Americans feel many police departments have become gangs with a badge with the power of the courts behind them - who run away and leave citizens helpless during riots, harass and ticket citizens for revenue collection rather than saftey, and rarely help people any more.

I called 911 once in my life, but after talking to police I had a change of heart decided not to press charges. They charged me with a misdemeanor for false reporting because they were angry with me for refusing to press charges and I became the victim a second time in the same night. Then I was arrested and they hindered my ability to get medical treatment and I became a victim for a third time. They refused me medical attention until I nearly died in the jail and ended up in ICU for a week thanks to cops.

Warning don't call 911 for police help, because it will cost you money & maybe even your life. 911 is good for firefighters, paramedics or search & rescue, but don't ask for cops.

Here we have the Tacoma Chief of Police who murdered his wife in the second largest city in Washington. Note: that the Tacoma police and local sheriff's are known for their corruption and brutality. Brame tradgedy and another link. Brame wasn't the first Law enforcement leader in that area, nope before that was that county's Sheriff, convicted of racketeering.

Looks like the latest news on a similar cops 3rd wife ruled homicide

Notice how Peterson & Brame seem very similar, both wife beaters & both with over 20 years experience as cops.

More Criminal behavior by cops. Dope gangs with a badge

Perjury anyone?

More False statements

And they still get paid after being convicted of murder

[edit on 22-2-2008 by verylowfrequency]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join