It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hypocracy: Do as we say not as we do!?!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 11:03 AM
link   
As an outsider looking at my neighbor and friend "America" I often wonder why the current President tells third world countries to have fair and unbiased elections, but when I look at the reports from ATS and other sources that does not seem to be happening at home in America. If this were to happen here in Canada we would storm the seats of power and demand the law of the land be upheld, but so far all I hear from the people of the USA is silence. WHY? This isn't an attack on anyone, I just want some opinions as to why the Pres can force his will on so many others, while doing what he wants at home!
ps: I have lurked for quite a while but today my curiousity made me post my first topic. So please be kind and civil to one another! I wouldn't want to be responsible for starting a war with anyone, especially my many American friends, which I am very proud to say are many and very good people.

[edit on 20-2-2008 by Rik H]

[edit on 20-2-2008 by Rik H]

posted on Feb, 24 2008 @ 11:47 PM
link   
Seeing the underwhelming response to this question says many things about society in general. The biggest statement it makesis that people are apathetic. Nobody really cares what is going on in the world today, if it makes them ask uncomfortable questions about the people that they chose to lead them. Oh, but wait nobody chose the current leadership did they!
Why do I say that? Look at the very many posts and threads that are available on ATS for everyone to peruse. In the vast majority of them we learn that the last election was rigged, votes were not counted and certain groups of your citizens were excluded from voting manly due to the color of their skin. Florida hires a company to produce a list of citizens that are to be excluded from exercising their constitutional rights because they have criminal records. According to the link in the ATS story the minister did admit to having broken the law!! The law he was guilty of breaking? He was caught speeding, over 20 years ago! Upon further investigation it was found that the people that were "black listed" were not even the correct people, but mearly shared the same name as the real offender and nothing else.
Another ATS thread gives further links that provide video of a congressional hearing where a computer programer admits to being hired to create a program that converts votes from what the person voted for to what the current powers that be desired. Ihear on the news the current president telling other countries that they should hold fair and honest elections. While that is an admirable goal that is not what is happening in his own back yard!
The previous President, Bill Clinton was impeached for getting a blow job from a female intern. Much was made out of his disgraceful actions, but the current

join