It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel to put pig fat on busses

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2004 @ 01:07 PM
link   
I was in the car this afternoon and Paul Harvey reported that the Israelies are thinking about/going to put pig fat on busses to discourage Islamic bombers from blowing them up. The reasoning of course being that for a muslim to be splattered by pig fat would be a terrible thing and might even, depending on who you talk to, bar you from entering paradise.

Anyone else hear of any of this? I'll see if I can find a bonafide link later.

posted on Feb, 17 2004 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Did "paul harvey" report that it is against Judaism for a jew to use a pig or a pig derived product for any purpose whatsoever? That would include "putting pig fat on busses". It's simply against jewish law, just the same way it's against Islamic law to use it.

posted on Feb, 17 2004 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Here is a Reuters article on the topic. Reuters

Apparently the Rabbi who came up with this idea and an Israeli government official have acknowledged that it is a violation of jewish law as well but that it would be worth it to save lives. Personally I think it will be completely worthless and ineffective.

Sadly, Muslim extremist Mullahs have already proven their blatant disregard for Muslim law. The Muslim religion as we well know forbids murder. Those Mullahs have rewritten the law to serve their purpose, and the assumption is that they will rewrite the pig law in this case as well.

Absolutely futile. Creative though.

posted on Feb, 17 2004 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Djarums
Did "paul harvey" report that it is against Judaism for a jew to use a pig or a pig derived product for any purpose whatsoever? That would include "putting pig fat on busses". It's simply against jewish law, just the same way it's against Islamic law to use it.

they cud possibly circumvent the lawample, they cud justify doing it because it is to save lives and do good.
or they cud employ something like the gentiles that take care of things during shabbat, and have nonjews or less religious jews do it.
or its absurd, im goin with that. thats a pretty insane idea, and wud only come out of israel.

posted on Feb, 17 2004 @ 01:21 PM
link   
yeah i read something about that last week

posted on Feb, 17 2004 @ 01:24 PM
link   
mmm, pork rinds, the anti jihad.

posted on Feb, 17 2004 @ 01:27 PM
link   
well yeah i guess it fits into the whole deseperate times call for desperate measures thing. like i said before, creative idea, but won't work even once.

posted on Feb, 17 2004 @ 01:30 PM
link   
I considered the fact that Jews also don't get along well with pigs. I'd be willing to start a pig fat consulting business. I'll round up some Iowa farm boys and we'll pack the pig fat for them and install it on the busses. Then we'll do maintainance every xxxx miles to be sure the fat doesn't get rancid.

-------------------------
Lysergic --- that is one messed up avatar.

posted on Feb, 17 2004 @ 01:35 PM
link   
It's not an entirely new concept.
During the Afghan uprising against the British Empire in the early 1900s, the British would threaten to bury any native whom they killed in pigskin.
100 years later there were reports by the Moskovski Komsomol newspaper that Russian security forces were planning to do the same with the bodies of Chechen terrorists. There have also been rumours of Israeli settlers carrying out the same action.
Being buried in a pigskin would seem to be a far more severe threat than being covered in pig fat at the time of your death yet this has not deterred terrorist actions.
Although none of the above has proven to be fact, this is a threat that has been made in the past.

I suspect that this will never be carried out though. Not only would it not deter any would-be bomber but if the terrorist does succeed he would also cover the bodies of his victims with the very substance that was meant to prevent his attack.

If anything this is psychological warfare that is aimed at the lone bomber with no ties to a major organisation.

posted on Feb, 17 2004 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blacktron
I considered the fact that Jews also don't get along well with pigs. I'd be willing to start a pig fat consulting business. I'll round up some Iowa farm boys and we'll pack the pig fat for them and install it on the busses. Then we'll do maintainance every xxxx miles to be sure the fat doesn't get rancid.

a new business!
its just not logical. nobody wants to take a bus covered in pig fat, especially since itll be cooking.
maybe they cud put some on the hood, and serve bacon at every stop. otherwise, i dun see a big future for this

posted on Feb, 17 2004 @ 01:45 PM
link   
I agree that it's unlikely to work. The same "extremist Mullahs" who condone the murder of innocent people will also give a free pass to being splattered with pig fat.

posted on Feb, 17 2004 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lysergic
mmm, pork rinds, the anti jihad.

hahaha! looks like someone put Homer Simpson in charge of Israeli security. next up: donuts as weapons of mass destruction.

new topics

top topics

join