It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

detention centres for abductee and contactees

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Whilst discussing numerous claims with abductees and contactees with a friend of mine in the military the suggestion that "these people should be locked up in a some secure detention style facility" was raised, I asked my friend what possible reasons could you give for locking up people who claim to have these experiences. The reply was quite rational, practical and scary.
1. Security: if individuals are in some form of partnership(be that voluntary or involuntary) with ET's does that note pose a risk to the sovereignty of any nation.
2. Quarantine: what are the health ramifications of contact with ET, whose to say the introduction of new disease or the possible cross breeding of existing disease with introduced non-native life forms could be disastrous.
3.Research: By concentrating the abductees/contactees population more insight into this phenomena could be gained as well as having direct access or at least the chance of direct contact with ET's.
4. Rescue and Repatriation and our citizens, especially those who are at the mercy of these ET's, and getting them back home..so to speak whilst also providing appropriate medical and mental health care for those taken to help them overcome their experience and also those not genuinely affect by the phenomena.

What do you people think. Is this a standard military response...lets round 'em up and see what happens kind of thing or does it have merit. i think the part i like is that humans take control of this situation or at least try to, as every story i read or see there never seems to be any pro-active group behaviour on our part in relation to this. Has this idea been floated before?

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Presented with definitive proof of alien visitation of the Earth, I think it would be very pragmatic of the various world governments to do what you are suggesting. Particularly for the first two reasons.

If the aliens are percieved to be a threat, it would be justifiable to round-up anyone suspected of having contact with said aliens. We would not know if the aliens were controlling such individuals, and would need to take the necessary precautions.

Even if the aliens are not an overt threat, your friend is right in the fact they may carry disease. We have seen this scenario play out on Earth; 95% of American Indians were wiped out by disease brought by the Europeans. We cannot risk the same thing happening again on an interplanetary level.

These aren't exactly new ideas though, especially the first one. It has been rumored in the UFO-conspiracy world for a long time now.

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 10:14 AM
link   
reply to post by atlasastro

Yes lock em up. Lock up those that say they have imaginary friends too. ie. people who speak to 'god' or 'gods'. Lock up their children too just in case. Lock up their friends too just in case. In fact the whole town these people are from could be contaminated. Just lock down the whole region. For your protection.

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 10:30 AM
link   
You cant go locking people up who these kind of things have happened too, not that it isn't going to happen that way, it would be ironic if the ET's are implanting abductee's with the cures for government created diseases.

Perhaps it is those who want to lock everyone up who need locking up, imagine everyone who ever claimed to being abducted getting wind they may be locked up? it would be the biggest deterant to reporting UFO's and ET encounters anyone could provide.

But then again its just not going to happen, because i would fight to the death to prevent it, as im sure would many millions more, just like in WW2.

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 02:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by merryxmas
reply to post by atlasastro

Yes lock em up. Lock up those that say they have imaginary friends too. ie. people who speak to 'god' or 'gods'. Lock up their children too just in case. Lock up their friends too just in case. In fact the whole town these people are from could be contaminated. Just lock down the whole region. For your protection.

I agree with the mood of your reply, i know it is an extreme measure which is why i posted the thread....perhaps we can set a " three strikes policy" like the U.S.A and lock up people only after three abductions...hehe. I also think locking up people who speak to god is a great idea but Isreal is already Building a wall around itself and the U.S is slowly wiping out the Middle East so i think we may not need to take that step. What would Warren Ellis do....thats what i want to know.

join