It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should I change my screen name?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 07:31 AM
link   
Hello everyone, I joined this forum to learn about the Texas UFO sightings. I received a U2U from a Member that thought he/she knew me. Never been a member here before. So I did some checking on My screen name, And found out that this screen name had been used here by a major hoaxer! Ooops! I can assure you all that I am not that person, nor did I know anything about the hoax. I read a few pages About it and found it amusing, in a B rated movie kind of way. The hoax will no doubt be well known to Many on this board. I want to be taken seriously by the members here and am wondering if I should just Change my screen name if it is possible and retain my post-count. Thanks

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 07:35 AM
link   
from what I recall, the old Zep was not a hoaxer and is still a member.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

keep the name.

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 07:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zeptepi
Hello everyone, I joined this forum to learn about the Texas UFO sightings. I received a U2U from a Member that thought he/she knew me. Never been a member here before. So I did some checking on My screen name, And found out that this screen name had been used here by a major hoaxer! Ooops!

Oops is right.

Zep tepi is not, was not and most likely will never be a "big hoaxer". Who ever is pumping you full of that BS needs to shut their lying mouths. I see no reason for you to change your name..it is not the same user name (zep tepi, zeptepi) and the original Zep is nothing to be ashamed of being mistaken for.

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 07:40 AM
link   
Ok thanks for the reply. I thought that SO had turned out the lights on the SERPO stuff. Ill keep it.

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 07:43 AM
link   
Sorry for the mix-up...guess i didnt read enough about it ...no offence to anyone intended

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 07:53 AM
link   
Hey Zep, welcome to the site.
That was me who said hello to you.
Zep v1 is a nice guy, I know he isn't a hoaxer, just interested in a particular subject.

I'll still be your friend, as all new comers should have one.
As for changing handles, that's up to you. It may get confusing when Zep v1 meets Zep v2.

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 08:06 AM
link   
Thanks for the welcome. I could not respond to your U2U ( not enough posts) and yes i am glad to be your friend. Nice Scoot BTW. I ride a 1949
HD panhead. Wow i have a lot of reading to do here. My appoliges to Zep1
Thanks again.

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Zeptepi

Welcome, Zeptepi!

The ATS Freshman's Forum is a great place to discuss the complexities of the ATS universe and to get advice from rookies and veterans alike.

Asala has a new member thread here: Hey new members!! Come here if you need advice.

There are lots of handy tips available in the Handbook of ATS Links.

Here’s a list of forum related threads:
Index of Important Website Related Threads

Configuring your MyATS page is the easiest way to put the ATS universe at your fingertips.

Be sure to check out Social Issues on AbovePolitics. I'm sure you will find the atmosphere to be friendly, enlightening, and rewarding.

Here's an excellent little, unobtrusive spell checker in case you need one: ieSpell 2.5.1 build 106

A convenient text editor also comes in handy when composing those epic posts: EditPad Lite.

Sooner or later you will find a use for TinyURL!™

Don’t forget to set up the “Comments” section in your profile, so folks can drop by to say, “Hi!” All it takes is a “Howdy” from you to get the ball rolling.

Oh, and visit the Automotive Discussion forum.

Grady

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Thanks Grady, I got lots to read and learn. looks like some good places to
check out ..Thanks for the welcome.

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Thanks for the kind words guys, it made me feel all warm inside

Cheers,
Zep

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 08:19 PM
link   
There he is!
good to see you back old man.
version 1.0 meet version 2.0
Like looking in a mirror eh?

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Heloo Zep v1 ..good to meet you.
i am sorry for my mistake.
Cheers to the first .. first time ..Zep Tepi
love the pic BTW

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Well, this is an interesting intro.

Welcome to ATS zeptipi. Nobody really pays any attention to the names anyway, just the cool avatars. Just kidding, but really....enjoy yourself. It's a great time to jump onboard.

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Consider yourself lucky. You have no idea how many people have asked me about being the following person (both serious inquiries and facetious):

Ashley Dupre.

All I can say is... NO.
I haven't been involved in any prostitution scandals, am not from New York, and the 'D' representing my last name does not stand for Dupre or DiPietro.

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Hsur2112:

Well, this is an interesting intro.

Welcome to ATS zeptipi. Nobody really pays any attention to the names anyway, just the cool avatars. Just kidding, but really....enjoy yourself. It's a great time to jump onboard.

Thanks for the welcome Rush. Yep, I see your cool avatar all over the place…
I got what I think is a cool one from The Honorable and Distinguished Semperfortis!
From here:

This really is an interesting time to be here. And have been enjoying expanding my knowledge.

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

AshleyD:

Thanks, I had no idea who the other Ashley D was. WoW, I could see how trying to live that hussie’s rep. down and correcting identity, would grow very tiresome for you!

And I do feel lucky, and embarrassed. But after meeting Zep Tepi he is a nice guy. I still need to go read some of his writings.

You also have a very nice avatar…love the colors..don’t see many with bright pink at ATS.
Thanks for the welcome and hope to see you ‘round the boards soon!

Peace

new topics

top topics

join