It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iraq war vet accused of baby rape

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by greeneyedleo
Also, they dont take felons.

GEL, would you care to comment on this?

www.concurringopinions.com...

PTSD has been studied so little; they don't really know what mental aberrations may result from combat stress.

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 03:50 AM
link   
[edit on 22-2-2008 by willywagga]

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 04:39 AM
link   
Okay, according to MLive.com, he is the father of the baby and it is alleged that he "assaulted the baby on several occasions in September while his wife was away". His lawyer apparently said that he "blacked out on rum and painkillers every day and would awaken to find the baby bruised". This guy is a real sicko whether he's military, ex-military or never been in the military!
On that issue, there have been numerous reports recently about American soldiers stationed overseas raping women and children, specifically in Japan. Google it.

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 06:42 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 07:04 AM
link   
IMHO, it sounds like a case of demonic possession. Bearing in mind you don't necessarily have to be frothing at the mouth etc, some demons can be quite dormant, and quite often take control when people are drunk because it is easier for them to do so. I believe in these entities because of my life's experiences, I am not religious.

Many people get drunk and take drugs, but would still never do something like this, so it can't just be the alcohol, same as it can't be due to military service.

It may sound far fetched to some, but at least it's an explanation. It beats asking "what makes people do such things?", and dwelling on the question without thinking about an answer. There IS a reason behind why these things happen.

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 07:26 AM
link   
reply to post by NuclearPaul

Indeed there is and it has nothing to do with demons! Its called being a twisted sicko! Nothing more, nothing less. There are many examples of this type of human being around.

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 08:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Beefcake
All the good soldiers have left the forces the only ones left now are pretty much psychopaths. There is the occasional soldier that will protest if his troop is raping a woman but most of the time they will just either shut up or join because they don't want to get frag'd.

I'm speaking truth here people stop romancing things and saying that him being a soldier has nothing to do with this mad act of violence. The modern military is nothing like it used to be. These days they take felons and the worst of society because no one "just" believes in fighting wars for corporations add to that the overt training of these soldiers to be utterly brutal and have no mercy.

There is no honor anymore because the cause is dishonorable. The plan was to go into Iraq foment civil war and eventually balkanize the country. To do this the military are literally instructed to go buck. As bad as this incident is far worse happens and it isn't even reported.

This was 4 years ago. What happens now.

I support the few good soldiers because i feel sorry for people who really believe they are fighting for their country and not for profits but most of them have already left the cause i'm afraid and now we just have megalomaniacs.

This statement is so full of malarkey, I'm not even sure where to begin.

All the good soldiers have already gotten out? How in the hell do you come up with an assertion like that. One thing I know for sure is that it's not based upon any first hand experience. It's true that there are more waivers for recruits, to help achieve goals(i.e. 79% new recruits have High School Degree vs. the old standard of 90%. There are also waivers for folks who may have had some mistakes in their past, but absolutely not for violent criminals). One thing you neglected to mention was that these individuals are still expected to behave to the same standard once they're in, and if they don't they are either punished or discharged.

Could you elaborate on the sorts of training where troops are taught to be utterly brutal and without mercy? I'd love to see what you come up with, though based upon the dailykos link, I'm sure it'll be a doozy.

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 08:22 AM
link   
reply to post by manson_322

What does imperialism have to do with anything in this story? Can you at least pretend to be able to respond without using hyperbole or caustic rhetoric.

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 09:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Beefcake

And just where do you get the information to form this interesting opinion of the military???

Last time I checked, no psychopaths in my unit.

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Here is a good article on military and crime. I am retired military and served in Iraq myself. I will not respond to some of the replies that just blanket condemn all military members without any solid evidence. This person committed a horrendous crime and needs to be punished as severely as possible. He obviously does not represent the military or other military members.

www.nypost.com...

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join