It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iraq war vet accused of baby rape

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 06:14 AM
link   

Iraq war vet accused of baby rape

news.yahoo.com

JACKSON, Mich. - A former Army paratrooper who served two tours of duty in Iraq has been ordered tried on charges of raping and critically injuring a 3-month-old girl.

The girl sustained brain damage and 17 broken bones and is undergoing therapy. District Judge R. Darryl Mazur ruled Tuesday there's enough evidence to warrant a trial.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 06:14 AM
link   
It is not the first time I heard this happened. Similar incidents that also involve a vet or an active duty soldier. I know how terrible this is. But what really made or drive people to do things such as this?

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 07:01 AM
link   
It makes me sick to see this tied to him being a vet. His military career had nothing to do with him raping a 3 month old. Why slander the entire military over the actions of one insane individual?

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 07:08 AM
link   
This is a massive MASSIVE thing to be accused of. In my mind there are very, very few crimes that even come close to being as bad as this.

I cannot even fathom the kind of sick-minded person it would take to do something this unthinkable. I can't even put into words how much it really disturbs me. To do anything like this to a baby is just too evil for words.

To put this on his military career is absurd. Nothing he could have seen or done in his 2 hours in Iraq could have warped his mind enough to do something like this.

I hope for him and his families sake that he didn't do this.

Though, that would also mean that there is someone else out there who has done it and has not yet been caught. God. This is just disgusting.

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 07:12 AM
link   
I was going to comment on this post and didn't..

I don't know what this guy has gone thru so I ain't going to pass judgement on him..

We don't know wtf he went thru over there.. Apparently he wasn't like this before he went there, so whats different now?

I suggest some of you people watch the movie Home of The Brave.. It makes you think about what those people go thru when they get back to regular life.

I ain't not saying what he did is good, I am saying it is a by product of this stupid war and all the bs many people go thru.

[edit on 2/20/2008 by ThichHeaded]

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 08:18 AM
link   
Pfft rape in Iraq is a commen theme in Iraq so isnt shooting children in front of there family for info.

man this guy musta been really sick for them to report him.

wow some justice finally.

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 08:18 AM
link   
IMO there is nothing that someone could "go through" that could ever cause a person to do something so vile. If he is guilty of this horror, he should be shot down like a mad dog. It is very hard for me to believe that anything he saw in Iraq could bring on this type of behavior. Some people are just sick, and should be eliminated from society. It makes my skin crawl just to think about it. If I was a relative of this baby, I would do everything in my power to kill him, regardless of the consequences to myself.

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 08:25 AM
link   
reply to post by ThichHeaded

I kinda surprised someone said that; to not pass judgment so hastily. I'm sure this guy now has his own judgment to make. But I nevertheless am terribly sorry for the baby. But it is really the sick society we might need to blame if anyone.

Sad news

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by NWOmaskedman
Pfft rape in Iraq is a commen theme in Iraq so isnt shooting children in front of there family for info.

man this guy musta been really sick for them to report him.

wow some justice finally.

Common theme? how often would that be in your opinion, once per day, week, month, year? Could you provide links for all of the child rapes and murders of children in Iraq by American soldiers?

on a side note, when will we see the headline "Man who was never in military commits brutal crime"?

This is truly a sick crime but the man's background or former career is completely irrelevant IMO.

[edit on 20-2-2008 by Anjin]

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 09:06 AM
link   
Him being in the military has nothing to do with what he did. If he truly is the one who harmed that poor child he needs to be taken out back and shot. It amazes me that we have people in our society who are so sick that they would do that to a baby.

I actually feel like I might be physically sick after reading that article.

[edit on 20-2-2008 by Jenna]

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 09:11 AM
link   
I think you people are missing the point I was trying to make earlier.

In the movie "Home of the brave" They follow 4 or so people after they get back from Iraq. These 4 people go thru mad changed when they come back home.

The relationship from that to this is simple. We don't know what that guy saw, did, or whatever over there. We want to pass judgement on him and kill his ass. But we don't want to understand why he did it??

Alot of ugly things happen in war, All is non military people see is the by product of the crap they went thru..

And I said earlier, He wasn't like this pre Iraq, what is different now?

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 09:18 AM
link   
there are a couple of topics about this in BTS general news about american victims (young victims)

and the Uproar is kill them
but i havent seen a single person say the barberians who commit this in the US are misunderstood?

so if your a US serviceman and you rape someone abroad while on active duty you will be considerd mis-understood according to some people.

i find this screwed up, regardless this monster messed with a baby
and should get the full force of the law like all scum that do this.

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 09:25 AM
link   
reply to post by ThichHeaded

Ok, I was willing to give the guy the benefit of the doubt until I read this part of the article you posted.

"Coleman allegedly told investigators he blacked out after drinking heavily and taking pain killers and awoke to find the injured baby in her crib, The Jackson Citizen Patriot reported. WILX-TV says he remains free on $100,000 bond."

Drinking and painkillers are a dangerous mixture and there is no telling what was going through his mind....and that has little to do with Iraq.

Granted there are plenty of vets that are affected by PTS and the Iraqi war, but if he only spent two hours in Iraq.....I doubt he had PTS!

I agree that there will be plenty of issues related to vets of Iraq and them having difficulties readjusting to society...but this is not one of them.

Arrest him, try him, convict him and send him to prison where the inmate population will show him the real meaning of PTS syndrome!

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 09:25 AM
link   
I don't think there was any insinuation that him being a Veteran had anything to do with the rape.

The reason that it's pointed out is because people hold a certain amount of respect for Service Men and Women. Especially Veterans and usually expect more from those that they respect.

The same would have been pointed out if it had been a doctor that committed this atrocity. Or, if it had been a police officer, or high school teacher. Each of those professions hold a certain amount of respect.

For example, I'm a graphic designer. A career that demands no respect from my family or friends.

You're not going to hear, "Graphic designer commits rape of 3 month old." However, you would hear, "English Professor commits rape of 3 month old."

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 09:27 AM
link   
The thing that really fries my bacon is we are supposed to wonder what he went through during his tours overseas that "caused" him to do this. If the article had not mentioned he was former military, no one would wonder what had happened to him to "cause" him to do this to a baby. But since he is former military, well that must be the reason. Thousands of people have gone overseas for the military and come back without raping 3-month-old babies. The fact that this particular sicko happens to be a former Army man means nothing.

reply to post by realmatrix

It was two Tours not two Hours. Simple oversight.

[edit on 20-2-2008 by Jenna]

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by realmatrix

Granted there are plenty of vets that are affected by PTS and the Iraqi war, but if he only spent two hours in Iraq.....I doubt he had PTS!

Tours man Tours, not hrs.. Tours means 18+ months each in some cases.

Someone pointed out something about relationship between some graphics designer and professor.

I want to point out the typical street thug who would do this. We already know why he might have done this..

Might it be mom beat him, dad wasn't around, uncle was on crack, take your pick.

What i want know know is why this guy decided to do this...

Do you know there are people living in hawaii right now in jungles cause they cant get the fact that the vietnam war is not over.

There had to have been something that happened to this guy for him to all of a sudden screw wit a baby like this.

I would like to know what it was. I am not condoning what he did, I just wanna know why he did it.

And for the FYI Most vets don't seek help for PTS or whatever because they know they get the ass end of the stick in the end.

Something to think about people really...

[edit on 2/20/2008 by ThichHeaded]

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Does it matter WHY he did this?? I couldnt care less if it was PTS, mom beat him, uncle on crack, dad wasn't around...so what?? There are hundreds of thousands of people who could say all these things that do not go out and rape a 3 month old baby!! I do not see the connection. Maybe the real problem is that he is a twisted, morbid, sick person who just happen to fit in perfectly with the agenda over in Iraq. What better person to kill off so many Iraqis?

I hope this guy gets death!

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 02:39 PM
link   
I think that him being in the military is very related to this . And should be reported as such . If nothing to show what monsters were sending to "liberate" these poor people .

If you don't think it was reported right . You probably have a few military related skeletons you need to expunge.

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 02:41 PM
link   
He is the father of the baby and for what I could get from other sources on the story he admited to the incident right after the baby was taken to emergency.

So I don't get from where he now said that he blacked out after drinking and taking pain killers.

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 02:47 PM
link   
The fact that he served has nothing to do with why he committed this act.

When every person in the military starts acting this way, I will believe this is a problem that is related to military service.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join