It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Missions to Deep Space ?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2004 @ 04:24 PM
link   
It would take a loooooong time.

And anyways, NASA cant even take a proper picture of Pluto, let alone send a human into deep space.

posted on Feb, 17 2004 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by TekNo88
*also wouldnt bones loose their calcium or something and they'd become weak?

yeah. every year in space u lose roughly 1/8 (12.5%) of ur bodys bone mass. even the exercise programs on the ISS dont alleviate the problem, and too many supplements trash your heart. it makes it very hard to work then on a terrestrial surface after that.

Originally posted by JustAnIllusion
NASA cant even take a proper picture of Pluto, let alone send a human into deep space.

that is also really far away, but is there no reason they cudnt just point somethin at it, like hubble or spitzer?
i think theyve actually managed to get some good pix

posted on Feb, 17 2004 @ 05:16 PM
link   

There ya go. Thats one of the better ones of Pluto and Charon.

They are very small. Even with the hubble they aren't much more than blurry dots. Remeber all those big pretty pictures you see are GALAXIES, or thing within our own milkway.

posted on Feb, 17 2004 @ 05:21 PM
link   
That's because Hubble is short sighted (or is it the other way around? lol). It was designed so that it could see into DEEP space, so naturally that's why it isn't very good at looking at things in our own solar system.

posted on Feb, 17 2004 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by John Nada
That's because Hubble is short sighted (or is it the other way around? lol). It was designed so that it could see into DEEP space, so naturally that's why it isn't very good at looking at things in our own solar system.

ahh, ok, didnt no that, thnx.
and yeah, if i tcan only see far things, its called far-sighted. just put the thing it can see then sighted, and ur set.
pity tho, i bet pluto looks gorgeous.

posted on Feb, 18 2004 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Here's a list of why...

1. run out of fuel
2. run out of water
3. run out of power
4. run out of oxygen
5. run out of time...as the crew'd be dead.

There are ways around some of these problems, but not all, and ALL of them have to be solved (and a host of others) before it becomes feasible...

I feel we're close, but it will rely on volunteers leaving Earth forever, and numerous generations to actually get anywhere... And, what happens if those generations want to turn around and come home? Mutiny? Still a lot of problems to solve....that's why....

posted on Feb, 18 2004 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amorymeltzer
and yeah, if i tcan only see far things, its called far-sighted. just put the thing it can see then sighted, and ur set.
pity tho, i bet pluto looks gorgeous.

lol cheers for that. It's one of them, no matter how many times somebody tells me I always forget which way around they go, it just wont stick.

posted on Feb, 18 2004 @ 01:05 PM
link   
good points everyone. I was just thinking that it would be so exciting sending someone out there in person.

I am very excited about the posibility of sending someone to Mars soon.

posted on Feb, 18 2004 @ 01:21 PM
link   

I am very excited about the posibility of sending someone to Mars soon.

2015, as the forum says...so putting this in NASA terms, about 2022....

posted on Feb, 18 2004 @ 03:12 PM
link   
What if we are already on a type of spaceship? The earth. It's in a galaxy and that galaxy is hurling through space. And the earth contains everything for the journey.

Just a fun thought.

posted on Feb, 18 2004 @ 03:24 PM
link   
another thought is,

what if we could take the technology of some of the ufo's that are here and make our own UFO to travel the universe ?

yeah, Gaz, about 2022-25 sounds right for NASA.

posted on Feb, 18 2004 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by elevatedone
I was on a website looking at pictures of deep space and other galaxies taken by Hubble and got to thinking.

Why can't we travel into deep space ? I mean send a human to the milky way or even further away ?

Please don't blast me, I'm no scientist and have never studied astronomy or the galaxy, it's just a question that popped into my head today.

We dont have the advanced technology and even if we have top secret air craft projects that can go like 1000's of miles per second it's still not powerful enough to travel to another galaxy or into deep space

posted on Feb, 18 2004 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by kinglizard
What if we are already on a type of spaceship? The earth. It's in a galaxy and that galaxy is hurling through space. And the earth contains everything for the journey.

Just a fun thought.

i like that, its a nice way of thinking.

posted on Feb, 18 2004 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Everyone i see here is foregetting the termination shock at the heliopause you would need a craft that would withstand plasma winds and

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join