It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kosovo independence results

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 12:53 AM
link   
Why European countries and US were so determined to make Kosovo independent? Would a normal country give land to the other country ? no!
And now looking at what's happening - Albanians attack Serbs (people whom the country belonged to). Is that normal..

news.mail.ru...:en-GB
fficial%26hs%3DBni" target="_blank" class="postlink">article

not many sources for this one, i think because the West want to cover this one up, to justify their presence in the region.

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 12:58 AM
link   
And the reason behind the independece i think is this
same old reason, just how low the governments are going to go to get the black gold.

Britain yesterday offered to be the first Nato country to send extra troops to Kosovo within weeks, as the Conservatives and Balkan experts warned of a potentially violent crisis brewing.

article

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 01:04 AM
link   
This announcement of independence might trigger other countries to becoming independent, and i think i heard that Scotland was most likely to become independent. It is a crazy thing if u think about it. Some years ago we've talking about globalization, but with these events, the world might get to the state where every contry will be in the world of it's own, the way Japan was before europeans came in. No communication, nothing. well it is just a theory, in practice it might happen the other way round..

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 05:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by silencee
This announcement of independence might trigger other countries to becoming independent, and i think i heard that Scotland was most likely to become independent. It is a crazy thing if u think about it. Some years ago we've talking about globalization, but with these events, the world might get to the state where every contry will be in the world of it's own, the way Japan was before europeans came in. No communication, nothing. well it is just a theory, in practice it might happen the other way round..

Scotland has been in the process of an extended autonomy (if not independence) for a long time , same for Wales (both have a functioning government) , let's not forget it's the "United Kingdom ", how the Kingdom got united in the first place ..well... war and occupation.
For Kossovo it's a bit different, at least from whatever information i could read and some call Serbian propaganda.
You could imagine the following : the Scots have partially moved out of parts of Scotland, the British settle in over the years and now declare that part of Scotland an independent "British country".
However you want to turn and twist it that situation is an explosive one.

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 08:15 AM
link   
reply to post by silencee

That is why Spain did not recognised (and probably never will) Kosovo as a new country, if they do that then they have to accept the independence of some of their autonomic regions, and while the most famous is the Basque country, if Spain looses Catalunia that would be a huge loss.

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 08:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Hvitserk

What i mean is if this (Kosovo) proclamation of independence took place, why wouldn't it happen in such a place as Scotland or Wales, or Basque, or some of Russian regions...

posted on Feb, 23 2008 @ 11:18 PM
link   
well here we go

Sir Sean Connery has said he believes Scotland will become an independent country within his lifetime.

what a surprise

top topics

join