It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police tried to Taser schoolboy

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Police tried to Taser schoolboy

www.news.com.au

POLICE attempted to Taser a 12-year-old boy after he allegedly threatened three teachers with knives.

The incident occurred in the staffroom of Safety Bay Senior High School south of Perth about 9am yesterday.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Personally, I believe the action was justified, and that the headline should have pointed out that the "schoolboy" was armed with two knives.

I've always said, I'd rather be in pain from being tased than be dead from a bullet.

www.news.com.au
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 10:31 PM
link   
I agree it's probably dangerous to taser a 12 yr old (or anyone really). You have to think in the back of your mind "Is this situation dangerous enough that I would pull my gun and kill this kid." Because there's a fair chance the taser will kill him. How did they diffuse the situation before tasers?

Here's another link where a highschool student was tasered in Maryland last week. The kicker is the officer who tasered the kid was told twice by the sergeant on the scene not to and even wrote it down on a card he gave to the father of the tasered boy.
rawstory.com...

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by ColdWater
it's probably dangerous to taser a 12 yr old (or anyone really).

I dont doubt this. But we are talking about someone who was armed and allegedly making threats to teachers, hence the police being called to the school.

You have to think in the back of your mind "Is this situation dangerous enough that I would pull my gun and kill this kid."

If the kid decided to charge the officer with the knives in hand, I dont see how he would have had much choice. Here in Victoria, police are trained to react to anyone within 7 metres with a knife as a lethal threat. I'm assuming it wouldnt be much different in Perth.

How did they diffuse the situation before tasers?

Probably with a tactical entry by a Special Operations Group (SOG) team. And a double tap between the eyes for the offender.

Didnt get a chance to read your link. I will read at and respond a little later.

CT

new topics

top topics

join