It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Is To Come?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by AnAbsoluteCreation

Great thread AAC.

I actually just mentioned the 'end times' in another thread about darkness...

We are in the Kali Yuga according to Hindu tradition. This is defined as the age of darkness and ignorance.

Mankind has fallen from its divine roots and nature is treated very poorly. We do not know the sacredness of all life and kill without thinking.

I believe this is fairly accurate to the last few thousand years and the past few decades have been am amplified version of the age.

At some point in the near future, we will be undergoing a galactic transformation of some kind.

Whether that means the Planet Nibiru returning, a pole shift, galactic alignment, etc I don't know.

I am almost positive a pole shift will happen though in any of these scenarios.

My point: I don't think any of us KNOW what is going to happen. That's the fun part.

What I do know is that we're going to be in for some ride

Enjoy it while it lasts my friends!

(On a side note, tonight is a lunar eclipse...An initiation point metaphysically).

[edit on 2/20/2008 by biggie smalls]

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Thain Esh Kelch

brown dwarf
From: The Columbia Encyclopedia, Sixth Edition | Date: 2007
Print Digg del.icio.us
brown dwarf in astronomy, celestial body that is larger than a planet but does not have sufficient mass to convert hydrogen into helium via nuclear fusion as stars do. Also called "failed stars," brown dwarfs form in the same way as true stars (by the contraction of a swirling cloud of interstellar matter ). True stars have enough mass (greater than 0.084 times that of the sun) to compress their core until the increasing temperature and pressure ignite the hydrogen fusion reaction, but brown dwarfs have only a relatively short period of deuterium (heavy hydrogen) burning before they cool and fade. Their coolness gives brown dwarfs two distinguishing characteristics: One is that most of the radiation they emit is in the infrared part of the spectrum; the other is that brown dwarfs can be distinguished by traces of lithium in their spectrum because, unlike true stars, brown dwarfs never get hot enough to burn the lithium that was in the interstellar cloud as it condensed.

Brown dwarfs are sometimes invisible.

AAC

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 06:20 PM
link   

If Amercica saw "planet X" in 1983, and they are just now trying to plant a telescope to watch it, well after TWENTY YEARS .. when there is just 4 years left till 2012 ....... don't you think the telescope would have been built oh say... by 1986?

Planet X theories lack common sense. The fact remains, if a planet the size as so many say Planet X is was coming, we would have seen planetary revolutions distorted drastically, if not pulled off orbit entirely.

Sounds like a bunch of scifi bs to me...

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 06:34 PM
link   
I wanted to respond, mostly because I wanted to point out what I see to be a very large flaw in all of these arguments. (that are concerned with prophecy, nirubu, religiously inspired cosmic smackdowns...) Why is it that we feel the need to seperate science from these arguments? wait, let me explain that better....

There are many things that science cannot explain. The theory that all of THIS ( think everything) came from a sudden and spontanious !!BANG!! is just as ridiculous as me saying that Jesus was a white dude. I don't believe that we are meant to know this in our state of being. We cannot, with just religion (which is failed faith), or science (which denies faith) explain even the beginning of the universe. How stupid are we, right? And anytime that someone mentions anything that doesn't fall in those two narrow catagories, they are ostracized from both.

What if God is the scientist, which is why there are laws that govern our universe? what if we are in the middle of a war between two forces? What if we are just the shadow dimension to the "real" one? There have been SO MANY things that both of these groups have been wrong about, and yet we follow them blindly, like bored little lemmings.

Interesting, that if you followed the basic rules in the Bible, and basic agricultural, and enviornmental laws,( as well as good nutrition and exercise), then we would all be living in a modern day utopia.

My point is this.... Nirubu, planet "x", and all of its various manifestations, could very well be true. If all of our brothers on the other boards at ATS are even 1% correct, then of course it would be hidden from us, by the gov't and others. If even 1% of all the ufo threads are correct, then we know that those lies are possible (by said gov't). We need to, as the OP put it, start figuring some BIGGER PICTURE things out. Don't preach that Science is king, when there is so much that science has not figured out. And don't point out various bible texts, or Koran , or whatever, as humans F-ed that up a loooonnnggg time ago.

Just open your minds, and if this Nirubu thing is real, think about how you might prove or disprove it with actual data. Some of this "psuedo-science" looks pretty real to me. Just too many different variations of the story, makes it easier to debunk. I mean, I know I have seen photos of some wierd thing by the sun last month, or through it. Where is that at?

-jason

P.S. If you take the mystical words out of the bible, and replace them with "sciency" words, it makes alot of sense.

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 06:47 PM
link   
The old sequence of events?

First our involvement in the ME will escalate and take every soldier and conscript we have.

Second is the old world will invade the US due to our lack of defense and take over our country as well as all of NA. Our soldiers being trapped outside the country and unable to bring back their equipment.

Third a shift in the plates will utterly destroy the old world and leave only a portion of the original occupants left alive.

Fourth the disgruntled North American populace erupts into a civil war over our invasion and defeat at the hands of the OW. This leaves any form of govt altogether vanquished.

Fifth we see a rebuilding after civil war is declared over and we assume a one world govt and a one world religion replaces all other religions.

The world moves forward in peace. Caps on population keep earth sustainable and recovering.

That my dear friends is the teaching.

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 07:01 PM
link   
That actually sounds very plausible to me. But what is "the teaching".

"The old sequence of events"??

Where can this information be found?

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 07:02 PM
link   
The Celestine Prophecy. - watch it.

i honestly think it's where we're heading. - for those who are too lazy to watch it... Its about a group of people undergoing a new stage of evolution.

I think that the human brain is capable of so much more than what we're using, so the theory that something is going to happen in 2012 could be that we suddenly are able to use more than the 30 some odd percent we are using.

Just imagine if we were able to use 50-75%. Imagine the ideas, the abilities we'd achieve.

As far as the one world order idea? - never happen. too many people are too used to having freedom, to have a 1 world order would cause untold chaos and ultimately the destruction of the entire human race. - if your religious - the one world order is a sign of the " Anti-christ" taking power..( watch the left behind movies and read the bible )

I just dont think that 1 world order will ever happen, cause theres too much strife between too many different countries. If there is to be a one world order, then people would have to do one nearly impossible thing - Stop fighting over the middle east.. which would involve the US's withdrawl of support from Israel which wont happen.

-- just my thoughts.

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Asteroid TU24 was not discovered until three months before it arrived (dangerously?) near Earth. Does the fact that something has not yet been seen confirm that it is not yet there?

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Considering religion is a belief and not a proven fact-

You mind as well come to your own conclusions about the end of the world and claim them to be true than to read it in a holy book. They both hold no water or any form of truth. Just belief.

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by matiascs

Go outside, walk your dog, drink some wine, hug your kids, enjoy a sunset...

Go ahead, we'll continue to explore other possibilities objectively and discuss them here on ATS with others who wish to do the same.

While you are free to express your opinion, so am I, and mine is that your intentions are genuine and sincere. On the other hand, I also feel they are ignorant. What if Copernicus just decided to drink some wine and enjoy a sunset? We would have never known that it is the earth that is actually the one doing the setting, not the sun.

Education is a beautiful thing.

School is in session

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 09:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

South Pole Telescope is operational now. I can think of a simple answer to your question, like mirrors and lens technology was not good enough at the time to see it at that distance. Now with distance and technology making sense, we can now effectively monitor it.

That said, there is no rush, if they already know it is coming. Kind of makes sense why the powers that be try so hard to mask global warming. They know what is really happening.

I just remember Tom Cruise building a 5 million shelter underground.

The simple truth is that no matter what you believe, POPULATION is out of control, and it is the single biggest deterrent facing mankind. If you know that, and I know that, can't we assume that they know that? IMHO, as always.

AAC

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 10:36 PM
link   
reply to post by jkrog08

If Planet X is such a hoax why would NASA fund a search for it in the southern skies?Check out the link on Harrington, who it is said, had admitted to finding it prior to his untimely death(adsabs.harvard.edu...). This is not a fairy tale. Harrington was a real-life Astonomer who worked for the NAVAL OBSERVATORY and reported to NASA.

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 10:54 PM
link   
I feel compelled to move 'heaven and earth’ as it were. To fancy a moment comprised of simplicity of self; to render to each that notion of self. Alone you are one, but the one is the many, the path of each is to embrace one’s destiny. Destiny wanes for thoee that refrain.

What really intrigues me is the fascination of informed intelligent persons who simply revisit paths of old. Who cannot or are unwilling to move past boundaries drawn by themselves as inspired by the proprietary entities we know. What is that saying? Condemned to repeat if you cannot defeat… or history repeats… or… Whatever… Over and over this same litany of monotonous dogmatic drama is impressed upon us and systematically applied. Over and over we endure, “triumph”, then deny. I am so lost to this effect.. Why we do we constantly look back? Why compare and endear that which has failed? Why are we so obsessed?

A comprehensive study of every religion and all historical events finds only one truth. All are same in every aspect except to offer truth. Religion like history is written by the victors. Why would one think it cannot be manipulated by those who gain rule? Why do I find history from the 1900’s that differs, substantially, from today’s? Why, of all things, has my son been told the sky is blue because the ocean is blue?

Are we so inclined in this existence to entertain the words of woe written by authors unknown to us personally? Walk with me for a moment and dare not shed a tear and do, do ever so please, quell that fear. Why in each one of us do we accept the ultimate truth that our very own heart speaks, yet still look outward to those we entertain or feel the need to entertain and then question that simplistic truth already known? What is it that drives each of us to find solace in faith, unity, or community that we cannot accept in our own heart that there is already known? Are we so practiced and groomed by things we refuse to see that we doubt our very heart and soul so that we must we must, must deny what is already known?

Are we now so blind... deafened if you will… demeaned, weakened, bled by ignorance and denial… forced by simple survival to revert back to that which we have so earnestly struggled to turn about; to markedly turn full face and quietly spread a few gathered leaves for comfort and sleep…

My very existence is naught, but my very essence is bound to the inextinguishable light that is ours. By this I cannot lend heart to those who defy the light.

It causes me pain and sorrow to see the distress in this world when we already know. If you doubt what I say, then look to yourself. Turn off the world and just sit. Sit for a while, alone, without help. When you get bored of this, spend a bit more time with yourself. Explore the things that excited you most when no one was around and your time was all your own. Wonder yourself with all you explore and then, dare you, apply this abroad to that world we “know”.

Look not at the world through eyes that have been conformed, but rather chance a look with eyes that are open. Your heart will tell you the truth that no one else can hold in doubt. Open your heart, once again, and realize yourself; then deny the world as conformed by others whose thoughts are not yours.

I find heart and soul in all that has be placed here and simply acknowledge “AnAbosluteCreation” and “jasonjnelson”, for without your words I would not have found this voice..

in retro... For what will find if we allow the other to define the truth we do know. God is a scientist and Jesus was an astronaut… 6000 years ago space astronauts came from Nibiru and a ‘new’ world order was created.

Love you all – keep up the pace…

[edit on 2/20/08 by rezial666]

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 11:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Crimsonone6

Too many people are culitvated. What's the old saying... "There is no truth in advertising..." Only truth in profit.

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 11:10 PM
link   
reply to post by rezial666

Very well spoken.

Tell your son the Sky is blue because the rest of the world is blind.

AAC

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by biggie smalls

What I do know is that we're going to be in for some ride

[edit on 2/20/2008 by biggie smalls]

Very true. I'll take a seat up front.

AAC

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 11:40 PM
link   

I am not worried the world is blind, rather I am worried the blind cannot 'see'. The inabilty to see is not nature, rather, if you will, it is a decided fate. Simplicity in human nature can explain that. The most relevent 'known' event would be Hlellen Keller. But there are so many more who have "turned a blind eye" to fate.

I look forward to your thoughts. Please do express them at leisure. Fear not the "Raptors", for they suffer our quests. (the Romans were insufferable).

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 11:42 PM
link   
Interesting Perspective On Nibiru & Jesus

And for fear of the one-liner smack-down, I leave you with a another full sentence.

AAC

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 12:28 AM
link   
Hellen Keller being the one who defied fate... not sure I made that clear

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 03:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by AnAbsoluteCreation

Scientist are claiming the the entire solar system is warming, and others claim that Nibiru is accompanied by a brown dwarf star, which could explain the warming of the outer solar system.

[edit on 19-2-2008 by AnAbsoluteCreation]

Not true. The solar system warming effect is the inerpretation of a handful of measurements. "Scientifically" the sample is insignificant and is in fact so small that any results from them (warming or cooling) is useless. Not only that but the "temperature" is not actually measured but is an extrapolation of related data.

However, it suits the GW skeptics to perpetute this myth.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join