It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wright Patterson Air Force Base in Dayton, OH

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2004 @ 10:37 PM
link   
My brother in law was assigned to WPAFB straight out of college with dual honors
degrees in advanced physics and chemistry.

So what does the Air Force do with this brilliant mind?

They had him design missle silos,
so they could see what it would take to blow them up.

And no, he won't tell me anything else about what goes on there.

[edit on 31-12-2004 by FallenFromTheTree]

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 01:08 AM
link   
This is an old post but I just found it and thought I'd add my 2 cents. When I was in the Air Force a friend of mine that was a fuel truck driver got orders to Wright Patt, what was funny was he had to get a Top Secret security clearence to go. We all made the "Hanger 18" jokes then he PCS'ed. I ran into him a few years later and asked him what they had him doing there. He said he REALLY couldn't talk about it but did say there was twice as much of that base underground as there was above it and that he was glad to be out of there and in Korea (even blitzed on Soju he wouldn't say what he did at Wright Patt, he'd just get all pissed off that I kept asking him and leave.)

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 01:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by sledhead
Wright Patterson received the materials recovered from the Roswell site.
And the there are many stories that I have heard here in Canada of the underground base. Its not spoken of nearly as much as Area 51 etc. But I believe that because so much fosus is on Area51 that a good amount of black research goes on there.

[edit on 10-11-2004 by sledhead]

Do you know where this underground base in canada would be? I wonder how many secrets Toronto holds...

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 06:18 AM
link   
I am glad that those who work(ed) there aren't talking. If any of you want to check that base out join the Air Force and put Wright-Patterson on your dream sheet and see if you get orders there.

Maybe someone who works there will bring you on base and show you around. Taking pictures is allowed in certain areas of any base. If you want to take pictures of other areas clear it with the base's public affairs office first. You don't want Security Forces to have you on the ground with a gun pointed at you. That is some important info to keep anyone out of trouble.

You can schedule tours, but you need to provide them info about your group and no more then 25 people. 30 day advance notice is required. Itineraries are individually planned base on each group's requirements. Don't take that the wrong way and ask for a tour of the supposed underground facilities, but you never know if you don't ask.

This is off the public .mil site for this base. I think some of this info will make you wonder about what goes on there.

Wright- Patterson AFB, Ohio

is one of the largest and most important bases in the United States Air Force.

is the birthplace, home, and future of aerospace.

is managed and maintained by Aeronautical Systems Center, the Air Force organization responsible for developing, acquiring, modernizing and sustaining the world's best aerospace systems.

is in many measures the largest, most diverse and organizationally complex base in the Air Force. Missions range from acquisition and logistics management, to research and development, education, flight operations, and many other defense related activities.

is home to the foremost aeronautical and aerospace research organization in the Air Force, the Air Force Research Laboratory.

has a workforce numbering approximately 22,000 people, making it the fifth largest employer in the state of Ohio and the largest employer at a single location. Nearly 10,000 of these people are civilians.

includes the Air Force Institute of Technology which trains thousands of students each year and the Air Force Museum which receives more than 1.2 million visitors a year.

I wouldn't mind working there if they asked me, sounds like a cool place.

posted on Jul, 27 2006 @ 10:05 AM
link   
hahaha. what possible reason would the gov't have for keeping a captured bigfoot on an airforce base. that makes absolutely no sense.

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Hate to burst your bubble, but all the aircraft in the museum are sent through restoration prior to reaching the museum. That rough feeling is the standard aircraft paint they use. Before the aircraft are sent to the museum they are demilled (sensitive items like special paint and avionics removed) and then sent in. The B-2 does not use de-ice boots, it uses a system of hot bleed air pumped into chambers behind the skin (like a lot of large aircraft) and the B-2 in the museum was never a commisioned aircraft, it was a test bed (note the repair seam under the right wing). It was used for wing loading testing prior to being sent to the museum. Sorry to de-bunk your little ideas. Oh and by the way I currently work at WPAFB and there are no vent ducts that I have seen.

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 09:32 PM
link   
I grew up just outside WPAFB. During the 60's and 70's, there was a SAC squadron of B-52's stationed there...rattled everything in the house everytime they took off...it was sweet. I miss the sonic booms from the F-4 Phantoms. We grew up with the knowledge that our neighborhood would be the edge of the crater. So you have to realize that all the underground stuff was for SAC command during a potential direct nuclear attack from the Soviets. There are also underground bunkers offsite in the area. One had an artilley gun mounted on a trailer pointed right at the gate. Of course, we were teenagers and were not intimidated by the gun, we just couldn't figure out where to hide it if we stole it.

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 12:03 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 05:46 PM
link   
[edit on 23-9-2008 by ufo reality]

[edit on 23-9-2008 by ufo reality]

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 05:22 PM
link   
My uncle retired from Patterson for a full 20 year about 3-4 years ago & haven't talked to him since but I always used to ask him what he did there, all he ever told me every time was he did some type of data filing/ server security encryption stuff and that's all he could say not even a hint about the type of information...of course aliens/UFO questions followed but nothing but tight lipped, only thing I ever got was he said he saw things being moved around under canvas coverings sometimes

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 09:59 AM
link   
This what you guys are looking for?

www.informantnews.com...

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by bugman5999

For what it's worth,
The B-2 was on display at Nellis,AFB one year for the air show.
No one was allowed within 50 feet of it. A friend of mine who worked on it
for Northrup had a scrap of it's skin.It was obviously very light weight 4"x6"
and shaped like a short U. Flipped over,it stood about 2" 1/2. You could stand on it and feel a slight flex,but it was strong enough to hold me.(150 lbs) I was allowed to hold it for a short while,then quickly returned it.I would not want to be in possession of any
material still classified.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Alright...I'm an Airman 1st Class in the USAF and I'm currently stationed here. I knew all about the stories of underground sections to the base and Roswell wreckage being sent here waaay before I even thought about joining the military.

The day I arrived here, it was January...so there was still lots of snow. I was given a tour of the base by a Master Sergeant but couldn't see much. It wasn't until the snow cleared that I decided to explore Area B of the base. I noticed these little ventilation ball things coming out of the ground in the 4 corners of almost every parking lot! They are seriously all over the base.

Area B is also full of man-made hills...it's sort of creepy. I get a really spooky vibe when I drive through Area B. A lot of the buildings don't have windows and even though there are 5 large hangars, the last 2 have all the windows painted so you can't see through. It's also true that the airstrip is never used.

My brother visited once and I told him I'd show him around the base. When we got to Area B, I was driving by the hangars when we noticed a little stone shack-type building. I crept by in the car and we could see through the windows and see that there was a ladder leading down into darkness. Needless to say, we were creeped out...despite the fact that it's probably just a normal old maintenance shack of some sort.

It's just that so many things seem out of place on this base. I was speaking to my supervisor once while in class and we were all talking about the AFRL over in Area B. The topic came to aliens and paranormal things at one point...to which he started to get a little ansy. I could tell he didn't want to keep talking about it much but he did tell us there WAS an underground portion of the base built back in the 60's or something and the reason was for if a riot/revolt broke loose, we could all just go underground and lock ourselves in and continue working.

Everyone I've spoken to on this base agrees that there is an underground section, even my squadron commander who is a Lt. Colonel claims to know about it. I'm PCS'ing next week and planned on grabbing my camera and taking various pictures of interest around the base this weekend, probably tomorrow. I will definitely get pics of those ventilation ducts and that little "ladder building". I just feel like I will probably never be on this base again in my career and I have this opportunity right now to explore (safely and to some extent, haha) the base and satisfy my paranormal knowledge needs...

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by zeioIIDX

Congratulations!
Ask some of the old "lifers" there where the old Acetate Film Repository
Vaults were situated.They were the Refrigerated Vaults under buildings no longer
there,and replaced with a parking lot with air vents coming out.I've heard the Film was refrigerated to prevent their spontainious combustion due to heat build-up when stored.
These were moved to Norton,AFB in Riverside,Ca.Rumor has the Roswell bodies stored
in those emptied Refrig.Vaults.
"Roswell was the Recovery of a Craft from Space..There were Two Crash sites."
-Gen.Arthur Exon Fmr.Commander Wright-Patterson AFB

[edit on 18-9-2009 by MAJIC 12]

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by MAJIC 12

Thanks
And wow, I've heard about refrigerated vaults but didn't know they were at Wright-Patt. I'm kinda leery to ask someone about that but I really wish I could. I just don't wanna "disappear" or something, haha. I'll try to look into that.

I actually just took my little 5-month old for a drive to calm her down and give my wife a break at home. I ended up driving to Area B of the base to take pictures. Almost the entire time, there was some sort of black car following me around and it was never the same driver. Could have been a coincidence but I don't now...I was kinda spooked.

Anyway, I took pics of the ventilation ducts and some random creepy looking buildings. Didn't stop or get outta the car though since I didn't want any direct trouble. I saw two points of interest today. One was a building with a sign that read "Human Testing and Effectiveness" This may have been the building another Airman told me about a few months ago where they do tests on humans. One apparent test he mentioned was where they developed a pill that when eaten, someone on the battlefield can survive on 2 hours of sleep a day for about a month.

The other point of interest was several large open fields with a little vault-type door in the middle, a man-made hill on the side, and at least 4 ventilation ducts at each "corner". They are also building an awful lot of large buildings in Area B and there are so many "Road Closed" signs that I lost count.

Oh I almost forgot, I saw a building with a sign that read "Propulsion R&D" and the building had a walkway/ramp that lead to a basement/underground door. Until today, I had no idea how many buildings on this base have underground paths/doors. I may end up going back tomorrow for more pics seeing as how it was incredibly sunny when I went today and half my pics have glare or are washed out with sun!

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 06:27 PM
link   

(Without getting yourself into trouble,check the Area "B"if permitted.)
Bld.620 used to have an entrance through the old classified labs in the basement.
One north entrance used to be on the west side of the bld, under the Avionics
Tower with the west Auditorium off to the right.(`72-`74)
www.informantnews.com/starshipgamma ("Moore/hanger 18"interviews)

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by MAJIC 12

Interesting, thanks. I'ma have to check that out. I'm so tempted to go ask someone who works in NASIC (National Air and Space Intelligence Center) what they know about aliens/alien technology. Man...I really wish, haha.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 07:48 PM
link   

If you ask too many questions, you may be given a copy of the Air Force's "Final answer to Roswell" book. You know,the one that ignored the witnesses they interviewed,and
TOLD THEM what they saw.("No,No,That wasn't a little grey man,that was a Big Dummy
you saw".)
Never the less,I am not for Disclosing anything of extraterrestrial-Tech or off-world
industrial being Secured and studied by anyone;perhaps that's why the alleged
Wreakage/debris is not left to one man's discretion or one man's choice of what to
do with this material.

"I believe this government should be allowed to conduct deniable covert operations..
and keep them from the oversight of congress,and as far as possible from the acknowledgement of the chief executive."
"I believe that this President like all Presidents, need to have the ability to disassociate himself from those activities and that the US. role should be hidden or deniable and not be reveiled."-Col.Oliver North Iran/Contra hearings

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 08:41 PM
link   
ok so like i said, I do have some pics...but I'm not quite sure whether I should post them or not. It's just some pics of ventilation ducts and a various buildings...boring stuff I suppose.

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Much of those vents have been published years ago by
william moore as well.They provide filtered air for those
underground labs and offices in the event of a nuclear attack.
www.informantnews.com/starshipgamma

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join