It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sex-with-corpse accused \"took advantage\"

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Sex-with-corpse accused \"took advantage\"

uk.reuters.com

A chef accused of murdering teenage model Sally Anne Bowman said on Tuesday he had sex with her corpse while high on drink and drugs but did not murder her.

Mark Dixie, 37, said he stumbled across the teenager's body lying between a van and a skip in the street after he went out to buy coc aine in the early hours.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 07:18 PM
link   
This to me is completely shocking, even being 'high' on drink and drugs, there still remains a certain level of control!!

I deem the accussed GUILTY! of murder!

uk.reuters.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Wow I never had the idea of having sex with a corpse while being drunk or high.

I would wager that most likely he is guilty of the murder, though there are people who do have a fetish for the dead though so you never know. Still if that is the case the guy surely needs to speak with someone about his “problem”.

I just really cannot imagine walking along thinking “man that dead girl over there gets me hot I think I’m going to have sex with it.”

I know he said he thought she was passed out and that the body loses heat depending on the surroundings but you would think he would have realized something was amiss.

Even if it turns out he did not kill the girl and thought she was alive he should be at the very least sentenced for rape since that was his basic intention.

Raist

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Well, I have no way of knowing if he is guilty of murder or not, but it certainly is a bizarre defence. I wonder if any has claimed necrophilia as a defence before? Might be a first for the case books.
I would think the M.E. should be able to tell if the victim was sexually assaulted after death.

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Bizarre defence is an understatement!

Whats going through his head i wonder 'admit sex with corpse is better than admitting murder' i doubt the judge and jury will play along with that alibi, he's probably just as well as admitting to the murder.

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 07:42 PM
link   
He thought that she was still alive just passed out. Taking advance of such situation doesn't necessarily mean that he did the killing too.
Sucks anyway, she was pretty

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Thank God we saved "old sparky" at the prison museum......We should rent it to the Brits eh?

apc

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 07:58 PM
link   
I think the REAL question to be asked here is... how dead was she? A couple days or a couple hours? Cause I mean... come on...

I believe they should be able to tell if the victim was penetrated before or after death based on bruising and whatnot. If after it would add merit to the accused's claim. This man's admitted acts do not convict him of murder no matter what one's personal opinion of such acts may be.

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Either way, wouldn't the world be better off without this freak?

I'm actually aware of a similar case in NYC years ago and turned out the guy was telling the truth. Someone else murdered the poor woman, then this freak stumbles upon the corpse and violates it.

I say fry them both.

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Here's an interesting tidbit, in the U.S.:

As of May 2006, there is no federal legislation specifically barring sex with a corpse.
Source | Wikipedia | Necrophilia

Most laws against the practice are enacted at the state level.

More info on Necrophilia:

All about Necrophiles | By Katherine Ramsland - The Crime Library

Here's the story of some boys who tried:

The Smoking Gun | Sex-With-Corpse Scheme Busted

Also, in the UK:

Sexual penetration with a corpse was made illegal under the Sexual Offences Act 2003.
Source | Wikipedia | Sexual Offences Act 2003

So it looks like this guys "defence" is, you should pardon the expression, DOA.

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Smugallo

Whats going through his head i wonder 'admit sex with corpse is better than admitting murder'

I can not recall a defense such as this one and I must admit I am very entertained by it. I can tell you right now what was going through his head....... it is the difference between doing life in prison or being charged with a misdemeanor. A lot of places also have no laws against having sex with a dead person. I know Florida does, and the California Legislature just passed a law within the last 5 years or so. The problem they had in California was that when they caught someone doing that to a dead person in the Mortuary, they were only able to charge these people with breaking and entering. If the person actually worked at the Mortuary, then there was nothing illegal about it. Eventually they passed a law against it.

In a lot of ways the defense is brilliant. They real key will be....

a) Did they do a rape kit on the deceased or find any type of seminal fluids?

b) Was there any bruising to the genital area? If so was it done post mortem?

If he had sex with a body in a pool of blood, one can easily assume that there would be evidence left behind in the blood smear. There are TONS of details that this defense covers that can be used to swing a jury in either direction. I think it is a brilliant defense.... having sex with a corpse puts you at the crime scene but does not make you a killer.

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Smugallo

Whats going through his head i wonder 'admit sex with corpse is better than admitting murder' i doubt the judge and jury will play along with that alibi, he's probably just as well as admitting to the murder.

So maybe it's the truth then? I mean why else would he say that lol.

This is shocking.

But you must admit, no matter how shocking it is, if he didn't murder her he didn't. So the murderer is still out there.

[edit on 19-2-2008 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 08:16 PM
link   
sadism,
necrophiliia,
beastiality,

Tell me doctor

Am I flogging a dead horse?

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Why would some people do something like that? What do they call them people that have sex with the dead? I heard what they are call. But can't remember what it is. If you see someone hurt or dead. You won't have sex with him or her. Most poeple won't. Will at least there is only a handfew of them. They need to get some counselorling to help control thier sex drive. If that don't work. They can be lock up and the keys get throw away.

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by kennethmd
Why would some people do something like that? What do they call them people that have sex with the dead? I heard what they are call. But can't remember what it is. If you see someone hurt or dead. You won't have sex with him or her. Most poeple won't. Will at least there is only a handfew of them. They need to get some counselorling to help control thier sex drive. If that don't work. They can be lock up and the keys get throw away.

Yeah if he thought she was dead and had sex with her, he probably tries to justify it in his head that she is dead already, just a sack of meat now, so why not?

But what he is forgetting is this sack of meat was a woman! where's the respect!?, what about her family, any why!? How can anyone do it with a dead body? doesn't make sense!!

[edit on 19-2-2008 by _Phoenix_]

apc

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by kattraxx

You would execute him simply because of his alleged sexual act that was technically a form of masturbation?

This doesn't have to make sense by the way... if he was as strung out as he claims, don't even try.

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 08:31 PM
link   
That guy will never hear the end of it. When he goes to prison. They be cracking on him about all the time. That if they don't kill him instead.

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 08:44 PM
link   
acp,

I know you’re not responding to me but here is my take on it.

Not saying he should be executed or anything like that, but he said he thought she was passed out not dead.

Thinking she was passed out is an intention of rape which I do deem far worse than having sex with a corpse. I think he should be punished for rape at the very least if it turns out he really did not murder the girl. If he was going to do this to her he might do it to another later on.

Anyone else having issues with the reply to buttons today?

Raist

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 08:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Raist

No issues for me with the reply button.

I agree he did say he thought she was passed out. It does equal rape... but not if she was already dead. It then becomes another charge. The fact that he admits what he thought becomes irrelevant. One has to remember that sex with a corpse ( necrophilia for the poster who asked what it was called) does not equal murder and he is charged with murder.

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 09:02 PM
link   
You'd be surprised how many funeral parlor operators have sex with the dead. I won't go into details, but I went to school with a guy who's family has been running a funeral parlor since the early 1800's. And let me just say, that family doesn't look on death at all like "normal" people do.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join