It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Willie Nelson: Impeach Bush, "Throw The Bastards Out"

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 11:32 PM
link   
I am waiting for the "Alex Jones" card to be played.

Poor Willie is being played by that nut Alex Jones. He drank the kool aid.

Alex Jones is taking advantage of a senior glitterati! Hey did I just coin a phrase ...senior glitterati meets conspiracy poobah.

It is like the media is going out of the way to NOT even breathe the name Alex Jones...afraid folks might start listening no doubt!!

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 12:47 AM
link   
So this is the 2nd statement from Willie now? I seem to remember a thread somewhere about him believing 9-11 was an inside job. Interesting. This whole concept of Willie speaking his mind about this sort of thing is kinda funny in a peculiar sort of way to me, and hits a chord at the same time. Back in 2004 a few of my friends and I drafted out a "parody version" of the hit "On the Road Again" while working in the studio, creepy now that I dug up the cd... there was some interesting foreshadowing going on there.

Ahh, how I would love to hear him sing our version in concert... so I just have to.....

DISCLAIMER:
I know alot of you will disagree the following subject matter, and I will probably get a ribbing for this but it is for entertainment purposes only, it does not necessarily portray the political or religious views of the author.

Off to war again
They just can't wait to get off to war again
The life they love is causin' chaos to no end
They can't wait to get off to war again.

First Afghanistan
Taliban, Al Qaeda and Iraq (again)
Before they're done we'll prolly end up in Iran
Cause they can't wait to get off to war again.

Off to war again,
Just like Bush and Cheney going down the highway
They'll enlist they're friends
Insisting that the world is runnin' they're way
And they're way..

Is off to war again.
Draft young boys to go off to war again
Raping countries, sharing proceeds with they're friends
'Cause they can't wait to get off to war again.

Off to war again,
Just like Bush and Cheney going down the highway
They'll enlist they're friends
Insisting that the world is runnin' they're way
And our way..

Is out for oil again,
Prices higher than they've ever been
Gas pumps workin' like they'll never work again
They just can't wait to get all that oil again.

END.

T-9

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 01:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by V Kaminski

Call you names? Eat gun metal.* While you call Willie whatever - are you crazy? Are you sure? Got any evidence of your sanity? Do you have a degree that makes you fit to judge Mr. Phil?

I hold a Master of Social Work degree from the Tulane University School of Social Work with a mental health emphasis and some of the best and most intense clinical training available in two of the best teaching hospitals in the nation.

I have worked with those with depression, bipolar disorder, dementia, psychosis, developmental disorders, and a variety of other mental illnesses, personality disorders, drug abuse, and what is sometimes called problems with living.

I was a Licensed Master's Social Worker in the State of New Mexico for quite awhile, before I decided to work at other pursuits that don't require licensure.

My comments about Nelson were not directed to a member and constituted a personal opinion that was tongue-in-cheek and not intended as a clinical diagnosis, as might be determined by the use of layman's terms to describe his "condition." Even clinicians are allowed to use sarcasm once in a while.

Moreover, I didn't actually call Nelson any names, I suggested that he might suffer from some common disturbances of thought. Regardless, Nelson's years of substance abuse are well-documented and the effects of years of substance of abuse are recognized for affecting judgement, at the very least. So your claims are baseless.

But, don't let an off-the-cuff flippant remark fool you. I can know how to evaluate speech, thought content, and behavior and how to describe them in meaningful, clinical terms.

Nelson's aligning himself with the 9/11 conspiracy theorists is a bad business decision and might hurt him financially, except that Nelson is elderly and much loved by his fans. Most of his fans, will probably not hear of this or won't care as long as he can still write, sing, and play the guitar.

The Dixie Chicks and Rosy O'Donnell are celebrities who have felt the sting of the public for indiscriminately attacking the US.

Regardless of any other factors, Nelson is not exercising good judgement, as there are many other ways for him to express his concerns about the 9/11 investigation.

Ain't worth the breath and less of a challenge than the breathing the words to such a one as using mere names. Yawn. Lame to the nines old boy. Purchase a clue and a helmet or feel sorry for yourself and reminisce your own memories of the "good old days" when Bush meant something other than "not good". History, Prescott, Big George, Marv... fine US citizens. This is the 21st Century; not yours.

Was that English?

I'll address the more coherent parts of those remarks.

You're insulting me again. This IS my century. It is not the century in which I was born, but I entered this century with about a half century of experience to prepare me for this century. Also, by your definition, this is not Nelson's century, either.

As noted above, I am educated, as I hold a BA in Sociology from the University of New Orleans and the Master of Social Work degree and have a number of years field experience with those who suffer from myriad social, emotional, psychological, medical, and psychiatric problems.

I don't want to overstate these facts, but my education does give me the theoretical construct, analytical framework, not to mention the age and maturity to understand my environment. Combine that with the events that I have lived through in my life and you get a serious academic observer of current events in the context of history.

Nelson is certainly welcome to his opinions, but again, without some substantive evidence to support his claims, he's hurting his career and his image.

Does this address your concerns?

What are your qualifications?

*What does it mean to "eat gun metal?"

[edit on 2008/2/20 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 01:24 AM
link   
''Regardless, Nelson's years of substance abuse are well-documented and the effects of years of substance of abuse are recognized for affecting judgement, at the very least. ''

Your right, he couldnt POSSIBLY be expressing his opinion based on the reality of TODAY could he?

Just because others can put 2 and 2 together without showing the proof behind the equation, doesnt mean some cant.
If I came up to you and said 2 + 2 is 4 would you demand a calculator?

Youve got to understand, its all connected.
Theres a thousand aspects here that are tied together.
If the government is lying on 1 single aspect, then all of them come into the circle of lies.

If you believe the government, you believe everything, 911, Iraq, WMDS rah rah rah

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 01:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by ColdWater
Poor Willie's already being denounced by the MSM as a senile pot head who fried his own brain. Attack the messenger, divert the message.

Seeing as cannabis has actually been found to protect brain cells I doubt his brain is any more fried than yours...

Don't listen to the mainstream or anything that comes from a government source because it's most likely not the whole truth, part of the truth, or anything in between, so help their cod...

University of Colorado findings...

6. Cannabinoids do kill brain cells, but the brain cells they kill are called "Glioma" or Cancer of the brain(Tumor). All other brain cells are protected and healed by cannabinoids. (Glioma cells cannot tolerate the action of cannabinoids)

Source

Cannabinoids are the second most active ingredient in Cannabis after THC.

Anyway back on topic...

I was never a Willie fan but I would trust what he says before I'd trust the government, but I guess that's unfair because I already know what Willie professes is the truth, the whole truth, and everything in between...

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 01:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agit8dChop
Youve got to understand, its all connected.
Theres a thousand aspects here that are tied together.

Everything is connected on a cosmic level.

When it comes to the matters at hand, many things are connected, but that proves none of the claims made in this thread.

If the government is lying on 1 single aspect, then all of them come into the circle of lies.

Not true.

You've told at least one lie in your life.

Is everything you say false?

If you believe the government, you believe everything, 911, Iraq, WMDS

Not necessarily true either.

When the National Weather Service [the government] issues a flood warning, do you automatically run for the lowest ground?

Undisciplined thought is the enemy of both truth and freedom.

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 02:30 AM
link   
Please, do us all a favor and stop arguing with this Grady troll. It's bad enough when you feed em but to let them hijack the thread is wrong.

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 03:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by metro
Please, do us all a favor and stop arguing with this Grady troll.

I beg your pardon.

I am not a troll.

I am a long term member of this board and my contributions are myriad.

I have addressed the matter at hand and I have answered directly the questions posed to me.

I am asking you to abide by the T&C and refrain from calling me names and making false accustions against me.

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 03:33 AM
link   
reply to post by GradyPhilpott

Evidence?

Let's see a scan of these degrees and accomplishments. I can say I'm an astronaut, doesn't make it so.

Remember, you can blur out your real name for security reasons, you can have a mod or amigo verify you are who you say you are.

One thing is certain, blind acceptance and following does neither the citizens of my once grand nation of the United States of America or the country itself any justice, nor does it do any justice to those who shed blood to make this country and give people the freedoms of Life, Liberty, and Pursuit of Happiness. It does no justice to those brave women and men of all ages and in all branches of our military justice either. They swear to uphold the Constitution with their lives, and we the people sit by as bureaucrats try to dismantle and disgrace it ... such as this statement:

Last month, Republican Congressional leaders filed into the Oval Office to meet with President George W. Bush and talk about renewing the controversial USA Patriot Act.

“I don’t give a goddamn,” Bush retorted. “I’m the President and the Commander-in-Chief. Do it my way.”

“Mr. President,” one aide in the meeting said. “There is a valid case that the provisions in this law undermine the Constitution.”

“Stop throwing the Constitution in my face,” Bush screamed back. “It’s just a goddamned piece of paper!”

I’ve talked to three people present for the meeting that day and they all confirm that the President of the United States called the Constitution “a goddamned piece of paper.”

Put aside, for a moment, political affiliation or personal beliefs. It doesn’t matter if you are a Democrat, Republican or Independent. It doesn’t matter if you support the invasion or Iraq or not. Despite our differences, the Constitution has stood for two centuries as the defining document of our government, the final source to determine “in the end ” if something is legal or right.

Every federal official - including the President - who takes an oath of office swears to uphold and defend the Constitution of the United States.”

Say what?!

Read the Constitution and the Bill of Rights and tell me that it has not been violated by the things that have happened the last 6 years. Of course, that would also require to not be in denial about the Patriot Act I & II, the illegal wire tapping, and all other sorts of nonsense to 'protect us' ...

There is a huge difference between Nationalist, and Patriot. One of them is what the blind followers of the Nazi regime were, the other is what people who fought the tyranny of the British empire were.

I hope all realize that those who do not hold a bit of question towards our leaders and their words, and the actions of our country, dishonors it and its citizens.

We must be ever vigilant to ensure these public servants are doing just that, serving the will of the people.

TONY BLAIR privately conceded two weeks before the Iraq war that Saddam Hussein did not have any usable weapons of mass destruction, Robin Cook, the former foreign secretary, reveals today.

John Scarlett, chairman of the joint intelligence committee (JIC), also “assented” that Saddam had no such weapons, says Cook.

Blair admits 2 weeks before invasion, no WMD

tell me this is not dishonest:

Report: Bush Admin. Suppressed Evidence Refuting Iraq WMD Claim

The Washington Post is reporting the Bush administration claimed to have found mobile weapons labs in Iraq after the invasion despite the explicit conclusions of a Pentagon-sponsored mission the claim was untrue. On May 29, 2003, President Bush cited the discovery of the trailers in an attempt to justify his decision to go war two months earlier. Bush said: “We have found the weapons of mass destruction.” But just two days before, a Pentagon team sent to Iraq had concluded that the trailers were in fact “the biggest sand toilets in the world.” One team member said: “Within the first four hours, it was clear to everyone that these were not biological labs.” The Bush administration failed to make the findings public and continued with its faulty claim for more than one year.

source

She is not beating around the bush. She asserts that the President overstated the WMD case, ignoring nuances and uncertainties in the intelligence reporting, and created a false impression about what was known about the threat posed by Iraq. She maintains that Bush rashly claimed Hussein was in cahoots with the evildoers of 9/11, when intelligence indicated otherwise.

Did Bush Mislead US into War?

No one knew huh? He had a report that was ignored by congress that shown Iraq had no WMDs ...

I spoke out 140 times on the floor of the House to oppose the Iraq War and over 100 times in the media to explain that no credible evidence about the existence of WMDs had been produced. That the war was clearly illegal because it violated the U.N. Charter which is incorporated in the U.S. Constitution. In fact, I produced a thorough analysis disproving the WMD propaganda. Remember that I appeared on Meet the Press against Richard Perle, an administration defender, just before the war. I charged that the war was about oil.

Kucinich personal note

Exclusive: Two former CIA officers say the president squelched top-secret intelligence, and a briefing by George Tenet, months before invading Iraq — ON SEPTEMBER 18th, 2002, CIA DIRECTOR GEORGE TENET BRIEFED PRESIDENT BUSH IN THE OVAL OFFICE ON TOP-SECRET INTELLIGENCE THAT SADDAM HUSSEIN DID NOT HAVE WEAPONS OF MASS DESTRUCTION

Bush knew Saddam had no WMD

Must I really go on? You know search engines can help with research a little bit.

So, who qualifies more as a Blind Nationalist?

One who lives in a cocoon, and thinks that their nation and its elected officials that act like they have more power than they do, who sit in secrecy and lie to their employers, does no wrong ...

Or one that is willing to question and stand up to their employees and speak out about the wrongs their nation does, because it is their civil duty and take that responsibility very seriously.

I would rather be the second, a Patriot, than the first, a blind nationalist.

*edited a grammatical error in one of the lines.

[edit on 2/20/08 by FreeThinkerIdealist]

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 03:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by FreeThinkerIdealist
Evidence?

Let's see a scan of these degrees and accomplishments. I can say I'm an astronaut, doesn't make it so.

Are you calling me a blind nationalist?

Merely being a contrarian doesn't make one a patriot.

You sir, no not whereof you speak.

Not one of your sources is credible and they've been posted here ad nauseum, but they've never been corroborated by anyone.

I think the rapidity with which these documents were produced should be proof enough that they are mine.

This is a certificate issued by the state upon completion of the requirements of licensure. I am no longer licensed, as I have am not working in my field and have only to sit for the test for the next highest license, should I choose to return to a field that requires licensure.

I am currently on disability and may not be able to return to my profession, but that doesn't negate my education nor my skills.

Notice that it is written in Spanglish.

[edit on 2008/2/20 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 04:07 AM
link   
Good job willie, always standing for whats good.

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 06:04 AM
link   

I respect you showing your what you claim.

If you did notice, I did not call you anything though. For you to insinuate as much would mean your words to me of not knowing of what I speak, was merely a self-projection.

The only conclusions to be made were for a person to read and identify with what was written intimately.

I cannot help if one who reads, identifies their self with something they don't wish to be associated with, it is not for me to judge, but let others find out who they are on their own.

I can say, you are passionate. Also, in no way does a disability limit a person's mind, that is, unless it is a disability directly related mental capabilities such as late President Reagan suffered, neither does the fact of someone's employment or lack thereof exact any more or less credibility on their opinions and views, as there have been quite brilliant, informed, and educated people that were not the best at holding jobs.

To make it clear, the intent of asking for verification either as you have given, or through a mod, is because once someone starts bringing in education and careers into the discussion to supposedly support why their opinion is for some reason more correct than another's opinion, it sends up a red flag.

And, as it appears, you will not find any source credible, so, may I ask, what sources do you find worthy, this way from now on, those who wish to engage you in intellectual discussion can site sources that you will not refute as being incredulous.

I could quote and source pages and pages, but again, people only believe and see what they are willing to ... if they are not ready to see something, it will not be accepted despite any amount of evidence put forth.

You are correct, being a contrarian [sic] does not make a Patriot, but neither does accepting claims without proof.

The burden of proof was on those who wished to wage war, not on the citizens of this country nor Iraqi citizens to disprove. As a lot of debunkers and skeptics will say, you cannot prove a negative, so when the argument is made that if it doesn't exist, prove it, it borders in the deceitful. If you say I have a popsicle, how can I prove I don't other than to tell you I don't, then a group comes to inspect my house and also say I have no popsicle ... but you still insist I do and attack me because of it. Then when you don't find one, you say I threw it over my neighbor's fence, that is why you couldn't find it.

Did I scour ATS for these articles? No. I did a quick search and found that many on the first page of results. I am sure there are plenty more people who are much better researched at all the inconsistencies than my quick effort. I just did it because no one had responded directly to your inquiry as of yet.

I am not one to let an argument stay open for lack of anyone trying to answer it, when there has been many sources over time that have shown otherwise.

The truth is Dennis Kucinich did have a report for all of them to read prior to the war. So any politician claiming they saw no reports to the contrary of the propaganda is either a) lying or b) intentionally didn't read the report, so are not technically lying.

I don't have the article, but I remember hearing on MSM and reading that Bush ignored any report stating contrary to his agenda and focused on reiterating what would achieve his goals. Not that I need proof of it from before, because he has made it clear recently that he doesn't care what the NIE says about Iran, he says they are bad and that is the final answer. I am sure someone will have a link, or I can find it when I have time later, right now responsibilities are beckoning me.

If ex-CIA, congressmen, and the like isn't good enough... but, we are to trust them, it is hard to tell exactly what to do and when ... I suppose we all need a list of who to believe, or, do we just subscribe to a particular agenda and only those who follow that are telling the truth?

I think you haven't shown any proof that these articles are not credible, but just made a claim. The WMD is in your court, prove you don't have it. Show me corroborated evidence of these sites being false and don't give an ad nauseam response.

Thanks for your polite attitude and patience while discussing this like civilized adults. Without communication and respect, we are nothing more than disgusting creatures of instinct and aggression.

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 07:17 AM
link   

That's BS.
I'm glad to see this guy has some real intelligence, just because his opinion is different to yours does not mean "He's spiraled into a state of either psychotic delusions or senile dementia. " .

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 07:23 AM
link   
reply to post by barmshadow84

Isn't Willie about the same age as John McCain? Perhaps we should apply the same logic when considering candidates for President. He's too close to dementia!

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 07:26 AM
link   

Ah! Tulane as useless as any I suppose. I like my philosophy "live" as the US as neutered as it is on life support. Using up her best and her brightest for folly. Farm-Aid? How about hand-gren-aid... got a bunch of broken meat being shipped back... some dead meat too. Might wanna put that there "higher learning" (yucks and lulz; Tulane) degree to some good use... your cities are filling with Vets... some quite angry and ready to do? Who? You?

Mr. Nelson is not as you characterize him JMHO. You and your like? 5x5 and in the reticule of the future looking back. Great entertainment. Nice to see the shoe changing foot after 8 years.

Vic

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 07:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott
The president's decision was based on existing intelligence from agencies around the world.

I've got to call bologna on that one grady, that 'bad intelligence' was mandated by Bush Co., there's no doubt about that. Richard Clarke, CIA, even Bush himself before he went totally delusional, have confirmed that. The man invaded Afghanistan for example, installed an oil man for their government, authorized NATO operations, and turned around less than a year later and told the world he wasn't even looking for Osama Bin Laden, how do you think that's not wrong doings?

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 07:53 AM
link   
Go Willie, Go Willie for president!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We need more of this old timers to stir some people up to the stand against the good for nothing warmongering and constitution killer politicians in this nation.

Get it people we have a corrupted government!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! democracy and the republic is death!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.

Beware Willie, the Homegrown Terrorism Act is going to make you and many more a danger to our national security corruption power.

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 07:54 AM
link   
Don't know if this video as been posted before but it pretty much shows the lies the BUSH administration used to get the backing to go into Iraq and afghanistan,

For those that are easy offended beware there are two instance's of adult language!

Youtube video

[edit on 20-2-2008 by u4ria]

[edit on 20-2-2008 by u4ria]

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 08:04 AM
link   

What "subject matter" are you an expert in? Bush-Cheney have done a pretty good job of destroying the US and a couple of other nations for good measure. The so called 911 evidence stinks to high heaven with unaswered questions and obvious devious motives. Wake up friend.

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 08:47 AM
link   
This is my last for Grady!

Hey Grady what is your opinion on how the Bush Administration handled Katrina? Looks like you spent a great deal of time in that area perhaps you were even raised there??

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join