It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Nazi looted treasure The Amber Room found?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 08:02 AM
link   
For those of you who were wondering who gets to keep it if it is in fact the Amber Room the guy who says he has discovered it has this to say.

www.spiegel.de

"If we find the treasure it will probably be declared the property of the Federal Republic of Germany as legal successor to the Third Reich," said Haustein.
"It would be good if the state could hand it over to the Russians without preconditions and if the Russians could then hand over the art they looted from Germany. That would be a sign of national reconciliation. That's my goal."

It seems he thinks it can be used to bargain the return of German treasures looted by the Russians during the break up of Germany at the end of the war.

I'd also be really interested to know what other things they might find in the "labyrinth of storerooms".
The guy also says that he has received numerous emails from people in South America, the connection is made to the possibility these are from Nazi's who escaped to South America after the war. One of the emails even claimed that Hitlers body is in there. That the burnt remains found in the bunker at the end of the war wasnt really Hitler, that seems a bit far fetched though.
There are still many "lost treasures" looted during the war that have never been found, it would be great if this is in fact a depository for all of them.

mojo

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 09:02 AM
link   
This is a huge find. I remember doing some reading about the Amber Room awhile ago but never really thought it would turn up like this. Makes you really think how many "Lost Treasures" are right under our noses.

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 11:38 AM
link   
I found a source which mentioned the RSHA as being behind the movement of most of the stolen/looted treasures during WW2, this is what wiki has to say about the RHSA.

Reich Security Main Office

The RSHA, or Reichssicherheitshauptamt (Reich Security Main Office), was a subordinate organization of the SS. The RSHA was created by Heinrich Himmler on September 22, 1939 through the merger of the Sicherheitsdienst (SD, or Security Agency), the Geheime Staatspolizei (Gestapo, Secret State Police), and the Kriminalpolizei (Criminal Police). The organization's stated duty was to fight all "enemies of the Reich" within and outside the borders of Nazi Germany. Included within the rubric of "enemies" were Jews, Gypsies and other "racially undesirables" as well as Communists and other secret organization members such as Freemasons
The first director of the RSHA was SS-Obergruppenführer Reinhard Heydrich, who led the organization until his assassination on June 4, 1942. SS-Obergruppenführer Dr. Ernst Kaltenbrunner replaced him for the remainder of World War II. The director of the RSHA oversaw the Einsatzgruppen death squads that followed the invasion forces of the German army into the eastern territories.

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 06:25 PM
link   
This is amazing! finally!!! I've been reading about it since I was a kid!!!
My grand grand mother told me about Amber room! Can't wait for it to be returned to Russia, so I can go and visit it myself.

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Odessit

It would be interesting to know what treasures (artwork etc) they expect to get in return from Russia for the Amber Room if that is what they have found.

posted on Feb, 24 2008 @ 07:35 PM
link   
edited because I wasted space sorry..

[edit on 24-2-2008 by mindping]

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 03:07 PM
link   
russia say's Amber Room will be bought home if found.

MOSCOW, February 22 (RIA Novosti) - The Russian Culture Agency said on Friday that if the famous Amber Room stolen by the Nazis has been found, there should be no problems in returning it to Russia.
Germany's Spiegel Online reported on Tuesday that the 18th century chamber of amber panels, a gift from Prussian king Friedrich Wilhelm I to Russia's Peter the Great, may have been discovered by treasure hunters deep underground near the German border with the Czech Republic. The Amber Room has been missing since 1945.
"If, hypothetically speaking, the room still exists, there will be no difficulties from a legal point of view" in having it brought back, said the head of Russia's Culture Agency, Mikhail Shvydkoi.
However, he said he doubted the room would be found intact because amber, a fossil resin, decays in the dark.

However the press secretary at the Tsarskoye Selo museum doesn't believe it is the Amber Room. The dig is expected to take several more weeks before they reach the room which is 20 metres below ground.

"The Amber Room did not contain a single gram of gold. The metallic constructions were also not of precious metals," she said, adding that only the Florentine mosaic panels and bronze candelabrums were backed by gold leaf.

Ive got it on google alert so i'll keep it updated as more information comes to light.

mojo

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 04:05 PM
link   
This "Amber Room" which has been missing for 45 yrs shouldn't be argued as to who it belongs to, as much as that it has been found. I would love to see this "Amber Room" instilled in a museum for all of humanity to see and learn from. Leave it where it was discovered and make the museum around it, any profit from the museum should go to Russia for as long as it exisists. Before we get into name calling Russia needs to step up to the plate and hand over what was taken from German. My ancestors from Germany who did not fight in the war due to being big farmers and supplying food, but also age and sickness. They were raped, robbed, and tortured by the Russians when they took over, people forget that war is disgusting on both sides. To the Victor's write history, and when they are all done and said the loser's did all the horrible things that was unimaginable to be done by the allies. Like the french that took over my mothers side of the family's town, who had 24 hours to do what they wanted (rape, murder you name it) but when the time was up they were back in order. Both sides did horrible things just remember that.

Finder Keepers Losers Weepers, Let the people who discovered it decide how to deal with the find.

[edit on 11/13/07 by Spaxz]

posted on Mar, 2 2008 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Digging has been halted temporarily.

www.hunttreasure.net

Additional news flowed today indicating drilling at the site would be halted for two weeks to allow a team of geophysicists to take measurements in the area. The hope is that geophysicists can get the dig back on track to find what is hoped to be a Nazi man-made cavern filled with gold, artifacts and, better, parts of the Amber Room.

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 06:26 AM
link   
Hello, everyone

I've dicided not to start a new thread about this as this one is great with all the introductory info and so on
stars for the OP and other guys.

The reason I'm trying to rekindle interest in Amber room secret is an article in Russian papers about just recently found underground caverns below the former castle of Koenigsberg that are yet to be explored.
It was originally found last autumn, using a georadar survey of the bunker of a Nazi general Otto von Liash (sp?) , that was hastily built (in 41 days) during the winter of 1945.
This January, after the researches broke through a 40-cm-thick floor (with supervision of FSB and other services, which have denied access to bystanders and journalists fearing that it might be mined) and pumped the water out, they have found a small room with a brick wall. They broke through that wall too (up to 2 meters thick) and now are pumping the water out again. As this cavern (and possible underground tunnel system) is in close proximity to the castle where it is said the amber room was being kept, I think we might be for some surprises in the near future.

I'll keep you guys informed if anyone interested

Here is the source in Russian

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 12:10 AM
link   
Did anyone see the Discovery show, "Discovering History with Ozzy" a few weeks ago? It may have been a rerun. They were looking for the Amber Room, drilling in a German (I think) town. The mayor of the town was also very interested in the Room and had been looking. He claimed to have recieved a letter telling him to give it up, that powerful people were watching (paraphrased).

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 08:05 AM
link   
reply to post by InvisibleAlbatross

I too saw this, and, thought it is easy to place a conspiracy on everything am inclined to believe those death threats were genuine.

That crew did an extreemly poor job of trying to find the hidden bunker, they never even found the tunnel they had been in...if I could think of better solutions in 5 minutes then they could have too. It was almost as if they didn't want to find it.

I must say it is surprising how long these things can remain hidden when their general location is known...especially the tunnel whose exact location is known which was also featured in that programme. Only governments wont allow it to be dug up.

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Discoverys mystery investigators episode 6 of 8 is about the amber room. Very curious story. Also the notion that it would've been destroyed by invading russians in the castle is bunk. It would've left tons of amber and residue but also valuable stones etc. that wouldn't burn. They have nice theories on this show.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join