It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Members Avatars

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by budski

budski, I laugh every time I see your avatar...maybe some ATS members don't get the joke?

So you don't have to toot your own horn, I'll clue them in to the Monty Python sketch premise...Michael Palin pays to have an argument with John Cleese...it was dead funny 30-odd years ago, and is dead funny to this day!

Anyone wanna argue that?

adding...darn it!! you already answered JSR...beat me to it!

[edit on 21-2-2008 by weedwhacker]

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Ok, for all those who have never seen it, the complete monty python sketch:

Enjoy!

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by magicmushroom
Tezz again if you read what I posted I said it was not just the Avatars but rascist hate filled biggoted comments from some members, perhaps you think its ok for them to peddle their hate against others.

Sorry, I still don't get your point.

If you're concerned about the racist comments, then how does that relate to a member's avatar?

If you're not happy with a post, then use the compaint button at the bottom of that post to alert the moderators. Explain why you're not happy with that post and then let them take care of it.

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Tezzajw... I must first start this post with an apology to you and an understnading that this is not an attack in any form. I am going to use your Avitar as an example. I hope you understand and offer my sincerest apology in the event that this gets misconstrude (sp?)

My example being Tezzajw's Avatar. I want to say that according to the OP's logic (from the way I am understanding this) if you were to say something on another thread. Take for example the "Texas Hero" from a few months ago in which a white man shot and killed two black men for breaking into his neighbor's home and attempting to rob the neighbor (they didn't get far apparently). Now if persay you were in that thread (I do not know if you were) and you were on the side of the black men and said something to the extent of "The white man shot two black men simply because of their skin color"... by that theoretical event taking place your avitar would be banned because your creature (?) has a white man's head in his hands. Thereby representing that you would have the thought of killing a white man.

In my mind I believe that that event never came into account when you chose said picture. So... what we have would be that someone else made up their mind that your picture would offend them and therefore tell the mods about the picture you have chosen because it's a cool looking picture. You would then have your avitar censored thereby censoring you. With you censored you may or may not be able to get your point onto a board. Given the picture doesn't make the point you do. But who is to say that the censoring would stop at the picture? The rules may have to change later because you posted in the "Breaking News Story" board and someone else believes that you should not post there because of your avitar.

Which kind of pushes us back to black and white water fountains and restrooms doesn't it?

The Eagle

PS Again Tezzajw, I am sorry to have chosen you out of all but you were the post I last read, seeing as how it was the last on the board.

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by magicmushroom

If people are bigoted, hate-filled racists then they're going to let you know about it in their posts regardless of their avatars. And it's not like a person refers to their avatar to back up their arguments or make them seem more plausible. They're just random pictures that clearly have some significance to the member who displays them, but if they have no significance to you then why worry about it?

A person may have a fluffy pink bunny as their avatar because they genuinely like fluffy pink bunnies, and then they may go on a massive rant about how abortions should be compulsary or something equally ridiculous.

A person may have a picture of figher jets in formation flying over an awesome looking aircraft carrier with explosions on all sides of them, then they may post about the evils of war and how they wish the world could live in peace and harmony.

The point is, you can't judge a book by it's cover and you most definately can't work out a persons "agenda" simply from their avatar.

Pay attention to the substance of a persons post to gain an understanding of the person, rather than the pretty picture next to it.

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Toy yes again if you read my thread properly you will see that I am talking about what they post and not just their Avatar.

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Funny, after reading the list of no no's I could go thru and find several that are blatantly breaking the ruuells!

Mrs. Teacher: Now Wheezer, if I laid 5 eggs and gave 3 to Mary, how many
eggs would I have left?

Wheezer: I don't think you can do it!

LOLOL!!! Ohhhh, that kills me!!!

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join