It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Members Avatars

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 04:54 AM
link   
I'm confused...

Do you want the member's avatars censored?

Or the member's opinions?

Semper

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 04:58 AM
link   
My Avatar is insane. I just wanted a cat holding a lightsaber and I wanted to make a point. So I got it. nothing to prove here, nothing to say other than I'm a star wars fan and I wish I had a cat that would kick butt like that. I'm allergic to cats so I don't have one.

I had another one with me just wearing some shades..and that really meant nothing. but yes, some users do use their avatars to piss people off.

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 05:27 AM
link   
Semp I find many Avatars amusing and interesting, yours is abit over the top but given your big ego I can understand why.

No I'm not an advocat of sensorship but I think Avatars depicting muscle bound armour clad large weapon pointing in your general direction a bit over the top and when coupled with a belligerent attitude of the we should nuke em type as not in the spirit of the ATS site.

I'm not into elitism, I'm better than you, my countries better than yours etc. I find all that rather ignorant and childish and if we ever want to progress as a species then we have to break down the barriers of ignorance, arrogance and superiority other wise we are doomed to failure.

We are one people living on one small Planet, we cannot afford the luxury of such views.

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 05:39 AM
link   
reply to post by magicmushroom

I understand your views...

I even somewhat agree with your altruistic outlook.

All I am saying is that no matter how militaristic their opinions are, or their avatars, they have as much right to display their opinions and their avatars as you do this thread.

As long as they are within the T and C, I say let em' fly brother! If a certain poster offends your sensibilities with his artistic expression, I say ignore him and his offerings...

Semper

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 05:50 AM
link   
reply to post by jedimiller

Lol every time I see your avatar I think of that picture of the three squirrels fighting with light sabers.

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 06:33 AM
link   
I've even had u2u's from people complaining about my avatar!

Apparently, their concentration gets spoiled by the changing picture.
Doesn't take much with some then.....

But I'm sticking with it, I like it and it took me ages to find

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 06:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by budski
I've even had u2u's from people complaining about my avatar!

Apparently, their concentration gets spoiled by the changing picture.
Doesn't take much with some then.....

But I'm sticking with it, I like it and it took me ages to find

What!? I can't understand you!!!!

I can't concentrate!!

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 02:06 PM
link   
You know... Here we are from all points in the world, talking about anything that we think. We get people with different views on everything. Some people think 9/11 is inside job. I do not. We don't censor either side. I believe in ghosts, spirits and all sorts of crazy thing. Some do not. Still not censored out. Conspiracies, ghosts, Bigfoot, and NO CONSORING. Yet we are going to complain because a fellow ATS-er has a picture that we don't agree with? Who came up with this genius thought?

For the record... no I don't have an Avitar (however you spell it) yes I will have one. And yes it will be on my political/ideological/religious/whatever I WANT. (pending mod approval of course) Why? Because it's my picture and its my account and its my CHOICE.

Come on... we are going to try to have problems with THIS?

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by budski

I admit to having to cover up your avatar with my hand while reading your comments and also with Palehorse's flashy avatar.

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Switch to "low-bandwidth mode" from the ATS Store. Problem solved for only 50 ATS points! Sign up for your low-bandwidth mode today.

* Points used are not refundable. Terms and Conditions apply.

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Beachcoma

I just did that per your advice and nothing changed!
What was it supposed to do?

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Really? Weird. It's supposed to turn off ALL avatars.

JSR

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by budski
......I like it and it took me ages to find

I've always wondered about yours. are those two famous politician or something? BTW, i think its one of the more creative ive seen here.

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by budski

Personally i like your avatar man. pretty cool!!
There are some of them on here that need to banned!!
They can tend to be on the on'ry and mean side,
but most are cool!!

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 03:12 PM
link   
my avy is of the king in yellow he is a symbol of creeping madness , slow decay and pestilance yet as far as i know my avatar offends no one , heck id be surprised if many people even knew what it was or meant. avatars are just personal expression and as long as it dosent violate the t&c's there should be no censorship.

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by JSR

It'smichael palin and john cleese - from monty python, and it's from a sketch called "the argument clinic"

Google and watch it - one of the funniest sketches you'll ever see.

JSR

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by budski

i'll have to do that. i've never heard of that one, though, i have seen a few monty python movies. i can only imagine what that sketch is like.

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 02:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by magicmushroom
No I'm not an advocat of sensorship but I think Avatars depicting muscle bound armour clad large weapon pointing in your general direction a bit over the top and when coupled with a belligerent attitude of the we should nuke em type as not in the spirit of the ATS site.

So what's your point?

You don't advocate censorship, but you want something done about bad-attitude coupled with macho avatars? I don't get it? It seems like you want some form of censorship to me.

There's bigger problems in the world than worrying about a few pixels.

(If we did nuke them from orbit, then we would have saved Ripley and Hicks a lot of grief... Sometimes, it's the only way to be sure.)

[edit on 21-2-2008 by tezzajw]

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 04:48 AM
link   
I really like all the avatars
yep...they all have significance for the individual that chose them.

I do not think one can judge an ATSer by the avvie they choose...imagine if a large group of ATSers got to meet up and had with them a large poster of their avatar...I am sure you would be very surprised.

It is not even easy to detect gender from some avvies. I like that there is a person behind those avatars...anonymous yet real.

Avatars hold just as much attraction for me as the posts and threads do. That probably sounds like I am a person with little or no substance...

So many different avatars...some many people with one thing in common.....

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Tezz again if you read what I posted I said it was not just the Avatars but rascist hate filled biggoted comments from some members, perhaps you think its ok for them to peddle their hate against others.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join