It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

cheating in sports

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 03:01 PM
link   
not sure where this should be posted so feel free to move it to a more correct forum
i know there are sports fans on here and was just wondering what everyone thinks about the recent rashes of "cheating" in sports since i have never seen anything about sports on here.
we have clemens in a he says/hesays battle-bonds probably going to jail- jones stripped of her olympic medals- specter trying to take down the patriots- the list goes on.
even tho they are/were exceptional athletes should they still be allowed in the hall of fame? get the recognition they deserve?
and what aboutthe athletes who did drugs before they became illegal? should theybe stripped of their recognition posthumously or have an asterik next to their name?
just wondering what everyone thinks

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Performance enhancing drugs in my opinion are CHEATING!! Regardless of legality of said drugs or when they were used.

All records set by cheaters should be erased.

These athletes are hero's to many young people. Do we want to send the
message to young impressionable minds that "winning is the only thing that counts, no matter the means to achieve it" ??

Are the athletes that stay clean and sober just chumps?

We have programs that tell youth to "just say no" and DARE but that only applies to the little people; not the famous sports figure.

Hypocrisy is alive and well when money is involved. Disgraceful!

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 03:51 PM
link   
ahhh a refreshing topic. So to speak. Thanks for getting me out of the political forums for a while.

Cheating is defined as: To deceive by trickery -or- to mislead, fool.

So I'll ask you.

Did Clemens cheat?

I personally think he will go to the hall of fame. Look I don't care for the guy and think he's a con-man but he does have some mind blowing numbers.

Perhaps we'll look back in 10 years and chuckle because professional sports may deem these substances to be permitted. You know, a safer healthier kind of juice. I'm sure the fans won't mind one bit. They seem to want 500 foot homeruns and 16-12 ballgames.

Put me down for a 2-1 National league game anytime.

And remember. Defense wins champoinships. Look at my beloved Patriots.

Hey that reminds me. Did they cheat?

Becker

[edit on 19-2-2008 by Becker44]

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 09:46 PM
link   
hell no the patriots did not cheat

if you can have a zoom lense on a camera and see other coaches little sheet with all his plays on it from across hte field well....it's 2008 put your gameplan papers in a binder if you don't want someone looking at them when you hold them to your mouth and call in a play that's on that piece of paper lol

what i think is the saddest part about the steroids in baseball is the abuse Hank Aaron took for being a black man breaking babe ruths record

here is barry bonds lying his face off left and right cheating to break a record that was broken by someone who himself and his family was receiving death threats just because of the colour of his skin and the fact he was going to break a white mans record

it's a slap to the face of Hank Aaron IMO

and Aaron was a natural, how much did he weigh? how much does barry bonds weigh at 41?

barry bonds is 40 years old and the most feared hitter in baseball, there is a reason him and jason giambi used to get so many intentional walks, because if you put the ball where they can hit it, they will because naturally both of them have amazing eyes at the plate, but when they have that steroid power they have the power and speed to swing the bat like never before

and that is why nobody was pitching to them because they aren't stupid, the other baseball players probably have a pretty good idea at any time during the season who is on and off the juice

look at bonds career stats, you can see when he starts to juice, same with rafael palmeiro

all the sudden raffy gets injured and he's on the same team as jose canseco and then he hits 40 home runs for the first time in his career after coming back from injury

personally i wouldn't mind if top athletes took steroids after injuries to help recover faster and get back to top condition, i mean instead of someone being out for 3-4 monthes if they can take steroids and come back in 1-2 monthes why not if they only take them until they are back at the level they were, that's too much trouble though to ever regulate something like that so it is better to just get rid of it all

but i mean if you do that in sports like wrestling and baseball there isn't much left to watch

the WWE's wellness policy is a joke, and now 3 people are dead because of that

except mcmahon will never care because he is a scumbag

i know wrestling isn't really too real...but it is a sport to a lot of people, and they are huge cheaters if you consider rampant steroid used cheating

if you watch wrestling i am sure you can see when they come back from injuries how big they are, and then they kind of lose that a bit once they have been back for a while

triple H comes to mind, he is always so huge after coming back from injury

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 02:07 AM
link   
Unfortunately, the money involved in sports nowadays means that drug use is becoming the norm. What are you going to do? If you make it illegal, you fuel the research to develop undetectable methods. You are always playing catch-up to the dopers. People will still do it if it will give them victory, stardom, and riches.
If you just allow it, some will use and some won't . I feel sorry for the guys who have talent but don't make it because they didn't take the extra step. But, that's the way it is.

new topics

top topics

join