It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the UK on the verge of economic collapse and will it become an Islamic state?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 02:57 PM
link   
The United Kindom Currently seems to be in a downward spiral heading towards a reccesion. We have the Archbishop of Canterbury saying that we must consider allowing muslims to be judged and punished using shia law.

What do you think, what should be done and is this part of a master plan?

Has the NWO got Islamic roots?

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Ummm.

Well I don't see it that way at all.

The outcry and condemnation of the Archbishop of Canterbury for his particularly crazy comment has been overwhelming. I've not seen a single political figure actually say it has any merit at all. Its actually been condemned by a lot of Muslims as well. I'd say he managed to galvanise public opinion away from a whole amount of PC pandering.

As for recession - where do you get that idea? Yes fuel prices are high but there is still a good/great exchange rate against the dollar and the FTSE is still showing decent figures even though some results this year have been poor.

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by ian990003100

That's 'Sharia' law, by the way.

All the signs of a major economic fall are there, yes. And if there's a country in the west that is incapable of weathering such a thing - it's the UK.

Sharia law? How many muslims are there over there? Is it 6 million or something crazy? And most of them living in abject poverty? Well, the ~@"%$ will hit the fan eventually, yeah.

J.

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by jimbo999
reply to post by ian990003100

That's 'Sharia' law, by the way.

All the signs of a major economic fall are there, yes. And if there's a country in the west that is incapable of weathering such a thing - it's the UK.

Sharia law? How many muslims are there over there? Is it 6 million or something crazy? And most of them living in abject poverty? Well, the ~@"%$ will hit the fan eventually, yeah.

J.

C'mon people. This is a bit over the top, isn't it. 1.6 million muslims in the UK against 60 millions total. And not all these muslims will be religiously orientated (yes, they exist).
The economic "fall" will be just a bump in the road. Figures show growth for most Western European countries for the coming year, as much as 2%.
And the UK is very good in "weathering" a crisis. They have done it a few times before, as has the rest of Europe. One of these crisis was reason enough to create the US.

And yes, Google sets you free!

[edit on 19-2-2008 by Pjotr]

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 05:57 PM
link   
No, Britain will never be an Islamic state.
Muslims are 2.7% of the population.
Surely the almost universal condemnation of Rowan Williams's comments is proof that the British people will never allow this to happen.

Recession?
Possibly, but the British economy is much better positioned to withstand an economic downturn than other "Western" countries.
Whilst Gordon Brown maybe an absolutely hopeless leader he is a very astute economist who managed the British economy etc very well when he was Chancellor Of The Exchequer.

[edit on 19-2-2008 by Freeborn]

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Freeborn
Recession?
Possibly, but the British economy is much better positioned to withstand an economic downturn than other "Western" countries.
Whilst Gordon Brown maybe an absolutely hopeless leader he is a very astute economist who managed the British economy etc very well when he was Chancellor Of The Exchequer.

[edit on 19-2-2008 by Freeborn]

I don't think he was even any good as Chancellor Of The Exchequer.

He has helped to create a climate where the fat-cats have got richer and screwed the system at the same time... Northern Rock anyone?

The reason he looks so tired at the moment, is probably that he knows his days in office are numbered, and that there is no space in the cupboard for any more skeletons.

The UK might as well hand over all governmental controls to the vogons, at least they are good at being bad.

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Gordon Brown is a completely hopeless leader, I honestly think that has gone beyond debating.
However, he did manage our economy very astutely, espcially when comparing the state of our economy with some of our European and Colonial allies.
Northern Rock? Severely mis-managed etc.

Increased profits for the fat cats?
Unfortunately that is a sad fact of life in our capitalist based society.
They've always lived off the back of the majority.
And until we stand up for ourselves they always will.

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Freeborn

Colonial Allies? Never heard that term before.

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

Bit tongue in cheek.

Well, there are some members here who seriously think that Britain still owns the US?

Why would we want to?

And you are our allies.
Aren't you??
(Seriously, I for one think you are)

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Lol.. interesting.

I honestly have never heard a Brit still refer to us as "the colonials" .. It has been some 200 years now, ya'll can let that one go.

And if there honestly are some Brits who think they still own America ..
then again, I have met Americans who swear Canada is a state. (it really is they just don't know it yet)

Any ways, I heard you Brits where being over run by Russians and Poles more so then Muslims. Which I find ironic that there are so many Russians there given current relations. And as for economic colapse.. that has yet to be seen how bad it is going to get (for us all not only Britain, but America and the whole world) currently seems to be holding steady and the markets are acting as though it may have been a minor correction then the prelude to a recession.

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 09:15 PM
link   
I think when someone uses the word "Colonial" as I did, it is meant as a light hearted term of endearment, like calling an elderly family friend Uncle.

Most of the people I've come across who think that Britain still owns the US are American.
Something to do with The Federal Bank
; there's been several threads here on ATS.

Both our economies will be fine.
Sure there might be a blip.
The people who really pull the strings have learnt their lesson.

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Ah yes.. well that is actually true you see.

The Queen (head of all Freemasons you know) Owns the world.

And Denver Colorado.

And the British royalty, which is actually a line of Germans descended from the same family tree as Hitler (and Bush dynasty) are also our reptilian over lords!

Oh well. We over here call you all English. Doesn't matter if your Irish, Scottish, Welsh.. its all English over here. Kind of like the way we are all Yanks over there.. even though we definitely are not all Yanks.

How is the housing market over there? All you hear in the news (American I hate the BBC webpage layout) is about America's economy, America's housing issues and America's politics. However when looking at houses over there.. they seem.. insanely high.. far above what local wages must be. Also, looking at it from an American perspective, a house in say London at 500k is almost 1million American.
Even in other economies like France or Ireland or even Spain, the prices there are all crazy out there. If you ask me, the European housing bubble is far bigger then the American. Naturally, always depending on where your at.

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 09:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

House prices are a lot lower where I live than the rest of England, especially London and the South East.

The Royal Family really are an irrelevance to the vast majority of Brits.
They have absolutely no relevance or bearing on our lives.
We tend to look upon them as some eccentric, old fashioned distant family member who we put up with out of some dated sense of duty.

Yeah, sure there's German blood in Lizzie's heritage but she can also trace her family tree back to King Alfred who was King Of England between 871 to 899.
Not many of us can do that.

Liz isn't a reptile; she maybe an old crow.

top topics

join