It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gunman Reported On Sante Fe Community College Campus

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 02:13 PM
link   
here we go again! This is getting out of control, and I think that the media attention might have something to do with it.

Taken from here: www.news4jax.com...

"GUNMAN REPORTED AT SFCC NORTHWEST CAMPUS

A man displayed a handgun at the Santa Fe Community College Northwest Campus Food Court at approximately 12 p.m. noon Tuesday, February 19. The weapon was not used.

The individual is reported to be an African American male with a dark complexion, approximately 5 feet five inches in height with a medium build, wearing a green and brown striped shirt with baggy blue shorts that reach his ankles.

A man fitting the description of this individual was reported five minutes later at the SFCC Gym without incident. There are no other reports on this individual.

SFCC Police officers responded at the scene and called the Alachua County Sheriff’s Office, which is responding to the Northwest Campus.

All students and employees are urged to exercise caution. Do not approach this individual.

Updates will be sent as soon as possible."

[edit on 19-2-2008 by Jeff Riff]

Mod edit: removed the words BREAKING NEWS from the title

[edit on 2/20/2008 by Gools]

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Shortly after the report of a gunman came in, college administrators sent the following e-mail to students and faculty

I hope that most of the people getting these emails are not like me. I can go for days without checking my email. Why not use some sort of speaker system to deliver the message across campus instead of email?

I believe DigitalGrl reported emails about the NIU shooter as well and look what good sending emails did there.

At least this guy turned himself in, though I wonder what was going through his mind.

Raist

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 10:41 AM
link   
yeah it seems pretty unofficial to just send out an email to students. I didnt even think about that!

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Don't forget that for most people a false sense of security is like a blanket
it keep you warm and fuzzy inside, so much so for some that they never even question whether or not the security measure will work or not..

Also keep in mind that all security to date in the world is Reactive and proactive
so the whatever security measures kick in are always going to happen after the fact not before so they are not to be considered though sometimes misconstrued as an early warning system..

Respectfully
GEO

top topics

join