It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strangely bizarre e-mail. Religous text/meaning?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 08:32 AM
link   
I wonder if there's an option like on your telephone that does the re-dial last number who called you kind of thing. Surely there has to be something like that. There are beneficial hackers as well as malicious ones. Ping sender, gather info, report...surely there's a way.

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 07:16 AM
link   
Every email message contains plenty of info to track the sending machine.
Problem is that 95% of all spam sent is done trough a handful of bot nets, who's owners are either unknown or far out of the reach of any western court.

And as I said, a user replying to these messages in any way is a gigantic NONO.

[edit on 4/6/08 by thematrix]

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 07:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by thematrix
Every email message contains plenty of info to track the sending machine.
Problem is that 95% of all spam sent is done trough a handful of bot nets, who's owners are either unknown or far out of the reach of any western court.

And as I said, a user replying to these messages in any way is a gigantic NONO.

I had been tempted on a number of occasions to reply. Especially the Nigerian Prince who personally contacted me to cash his check for him into his bank account. I wanted to give him a little lesson in financial tracking that I'd learned in my decade working at corporate banks, but decided to just let it go for the reason you'd give above. If I gave any kind of ammo that 'hey, there's a person who got this e-mail' no doubt the deluge would be without end. Maybe my e-mail addy was targeted to provoke any kind of response either positive OR negative. Smart advice, I need to keep that in mind and maintain my cool.

[edit on 4-6-2008 by saint4God]

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Wierdest part about those Nigerian and other national 419 emails, is that there are plenty of people who react to them believing that #.

There have been cases where people actually went to meet up with these guys, resulting them in being kidnapped in Nigeria, or in the weaker cases, them fronting these gangsters 1000's of $ to make the transaction and getting nothing in return.

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 10:35 AM
link   
When my daughter was younger, she really really wanted to try fruit Gushers. For those who aren't familiar with the kid's candy, here's the video:

Very excited the day she got them. She popped one into her mouth then ran into the bathroom. It took me a second to figure out why, but by the time she came out I realized she was looking for a mirror and asked, "you thought your head would turn into fruit, didn't you?" Embarrassed, she nodded. This was the day I had to explain to her that many people (especially on tv) lie. It's a hard lesson for those not exposed to these dangers before on more serious issues.

[edit on 9-6-2008 by saint4God]

top topics

<< 1   >>

join