It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should we allow sleep paralysis?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Around 10 years ago I started to experience sleep paralysis. One morning I woke up very early and went down stairs, I then decided it was far too early so went back to bed. This is when the paralysis first started, I hadn t even got back to sleep when I started to get a loud deafening noise in my head. It was like a machine druming away getting louder and louder. I then felt my whole body going into paralysis even my eyes, yet I could hear things going on around me.

This was terrifying I had no idea what was happening to me , I tryed to call out to my family but I couldn t. This then continued for several years. At this point I would just let it run its course as I knew although it was terrifying no harm had ever come to me. It always felt like there was a presence in the room but I never saw anything.

Then it suddenly stopped which I was relieved about.
However last year it started up again after maybe a break of 7 years. I wasn t happy about this as it is such a terrifying ordeal and decided I didn t want it anymore. I found that if I shouted out in my own head NO as firm as I could just as the paralysis was starting I could control it and I have successfully stopped all attacks now. I thought that it really wasn t fair to do this to people and luckily it hasnt returned. It did take me several attemps as you really do need to shout in your head as firmly as you can to get a response.

I have read that sleep paralysis is the signal you are entering another dimension or that an abduction is about to commence. Some people are very happy when they have sleep paralysis as they see it as a signal from aliens that they are on their way!

My question is should we really let sleep paralysis happen? I know now I can stop it but should I stop it???

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Mr Green,

I experience sleep paralysis more then I care to count. After a while, you start to become akin to the signals that come before the actual paralysis - this is what is important.

By letting yourself keep going with the paralysis, I think you will be quite surprised in the outcome. This is pretty much my HOWTO with astral projection - by using sleep paralysis as a catalyst, I am able to "disconnect" when the opportunity arises.

As for the sounds you hear, that loud rumbling - almost train like sound to me - always comes before such events. You may also experience what seems like people talking in your ear, being able to see through your eyelids, or a feeling of a sudden drop. Learn to deal with these feelings.

Do not get scared - if you do, you will ruin it - and just ride it out until you "pop" out the other side - literally. Enjoy.

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 01:11 PM
link   
It just seemed to me it was wrong. Something was controlling me making my body paralysed against my own will. I was glad when it went away and when it returned I became fearful. In controlling it I had regained control over the situation and myself. You are saying I was wrong to say NO and that I should have let it progress? You must admit it is very terrifying when its happening.

Around the time it started maybe after a year I did experience an OBE very early in the morning. I felt myself as pure energy rising above my body , I looked down to actually see my body it was amazing. Everything around me was so bright and sharp and the sun was beaming through the curtains, its brightness was immense. This experience I loved but suddenly I panicked and fell down with a crash into my body. Do you think this was related to the sleep paralysis? This OBE I have never been able to replicate. I don t know how I did it it just happenned.

You say go with the flow of the paralysis. I did this for several years and nothing ever came out the other end infact it just stopped on its own. Why would this be only to return last year? Anyway if it is a good sign Ive probably blown it now by understanding how to stop it.

[edit on 19-2-2008 by Mr Green]

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 02:06 PM
link   
My thread has been moved to this forum . I had no idea this was even here but it looks like I may be able to get some answers from it. The forum is difficult to navigate to and I can only seem to find it under My ATS where is it listed?

posted on Feb, 25 2008 @ 02:35 PM
link   
My sleep paralysis has returned but with a difference. This time I still had the train noise in my head but did not become paralysed. I then started to go down what I can only describe as a tunnel/shoot very very fast. I saw galaxies, space and even an eclipse this was not a dream. It was exactly like Jodie Foster in the film Contact if you have seen this film.
I was travelling so fast it was often difficult to take in what I was seeing but eventually I saw the Earth as a green/blue spot. It got closer and closer and the green became land and the blue became the oceans.
The green soon became fields but at no point was I scared I was going to crash I knew I could eventually control the fall. As the land came upon me I stopped myself and lightly landed.

Was this an OBE into the astral plain? I do not know what this plain looks like and I would love to hear from people that have seen it.

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 10:20 AM
link   
I've experienced sleep paralysis many times now...

usually I can ONLY move my eyes and nothing else.

Sometimes my experiences have been frightening, where I've been unable to move, seeing dark shapes and shadows and sometimes very bright lights (blue, yellow, white) and flashes from corners of the room.

I've also 'seen' things just out of eye shot, like dark, tall figures but featureless... like they're standing over me and watching me sleep.

I've had the electric buzzing feeling, like a jolt of lightning from my feet to my brain and the other way round, and also the buzzing feeling that build up just before the electric feeling.

But the wierdest things are not the feelings or visual hallucinations, but the SOUNDS!!! I can hear conversations from next door, I can the electric hum of the room, I can hear indescipherable conversations (as though from elsewhere) and occasionaly loud bangs inside my head...
I've heard all manner of unearthly sounds, e.g a metallic frog (seriously).

I have been on the verge of an OOBe many times, but have only had an out of body experience only the once, when i was very young and poorly.

But, I'm truly fascinated by my experiences.

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by mr-lizard

Yes the sounds can be very strange and difficult to describe. I have never seen any of these figures or ghosts people describe but I did once have a feeling that something was there.

I don t know how I started the OBE it just happened but some of us on a thread in Aliens and UFO s have been doing experiments in mind messages and since doing that it happened. Its as if some part of my mind has been awakened, its crazy stuff but four of us actually did send messages to each other . (Life the other side of the fence by Drakiir) Its something to do with chakras.

top topics

join