It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

aliens or god? which would you choose?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 12:02 PM
link   
would you rather have absolute proof of the existence of aliens or god? in this scenario, we would not have direct contact with either, but somehow the proof exists.

if it was proven that aliens exist, this could potentially unite our world, finally eliminating stupid prejudices. it could be the beginning of universality and could be the one thing that helps the majority of humans transcend and mentally evolve under a commonality. it would get humanity back on track with the realization there is more to life than earth, and hopefully many would dedicate their lives to countless years of research to enhanced and perfected space travel.

if it was proven that god exists, atheists would be annoyed off but the whole of humanity would finally have assurance. church/mosque/temple attendance would skyrocket, but christianity would annoy other religions, saying that they are the only way to access god. eventually either christianity would collapse from earth's opposition or since christianity has a huge hand in economy, they might try buying off the rest of the world. others would not want to have anything to do with god, feeling that the supreme being has taken a backseat role to life, allowing innumerable acts of evil occur.

overall, i think i would rather have proof of aliens. the proof of god may be better for the individual, but i think the proof of aliens would benefit humanity more, allowing and instigating much needed cohesion. until we have learned to play nice with our fellow humans, i do not think our ascension to god will happen.

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by banyan

Now by "proof of existence" does that have to mean that the answer is "yes"? Looking through your post it seems that it does. I would rather have "god(s)" over aliens. Just for the reason that it would end much strife here on Earth. Well that is assuming that people actually would listen to the "proof". Which, if it was a "no", I find hard to believe that everyone would listen.

The reason I picked "god(s)" over aliens is simple, the size of the universe would lead to the conclusion that there must be other life forms. Now whether they are intelligent (as in human intelligent) is another question.

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Aliens. I may not want to know someone/something with infinite powers actually exists.

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by RWPBR

Aliens that could visit our planet and interact with us, would CERTAINLY have more power than us.
'Aliens' are demons. They will have their reign during the Tribulation period, Headed by Satan himself.

We WILL get the aliens first, if we don't repent and be ready for the protection of the Lord. The Rapture(Harpazio.)
It will be GREAT, after that!

Ask Jeshua(Jesus) to forgive you.

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Clearskies

You cleave to your delusion, I will cleave to mine.

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 12:49 PM
link   
I would choose both (not one or the other) because I've had personal, weird experiences with both 'aliens' and 'god' or whatever the labels may be to describe these entities. So I would say both exist in this vast universe. Each entity expresses 'its' form in various ways unique to each 'contactee'.

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Clearskies

Aliens are demons? Does that mean you have already had contact with them?

Thats not fair! That means you already have "proof" of aliens, and only need "proof" of "god(s)".

I want a new question, one that nobody knows 1/2 of the answer to!

(PS, you should post in my thread about "The Hero Pattern" seems like you may have some defense that would support the opposite view of the thread)

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 01:02 PM
link   
the responses so far i find interesting. no matter what, if god or aliens were proven to exist, it would prove someone who thought differently is wrong. no one wants to be wrong. no one wants to find out one day that everything they ever believed or thought about life was in error.

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by adigregorio
I want a new question, one that nobody knows 1/2 of the answer to!

i think people know the answer fully based off their own experiences, not off of absolute, undeniably truthful proof. i am asking this question based off found universal proof, which in and of itself would be a highly unlikely scenario, since i do not think even if real proof existed that everyone would accept it. we have been dooped too often to believe anything whole-heartedly. that is why this is a hypothetical situation.

aliens and a supreme being may be the same thing for all i know.

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 01:16 PM
link   
I've got proof of God AND demons.
If one would ask God, (reverently) what they ask others, they would know too.

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 01:20 PM
link   
If you could be certain there existed an omnipotent god....utterly certain....what would you do about it? Could you do anything with the knowledge? I doubt it.

I know it rains, yet can do nothing to stop it.

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Clearskies
I've got proof of God AND demons.
If one would ask God, (reverently) what they ask others, they would know too.

this does not matter. you have experiential individualistic proof of god, but this definitely falls short from my hypothetical universal proof. i am not looking for what you define as proof...my question states that universal proof could exist for both god and aliens, regardless. it's your choice whichever proof you would want more.

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by banyan

Why does it have to be a choice? They are both mysteries worth looking into. Both have incredibly profound implications...But as far as I'm concerned. Proof of God is all around us, and meeting an alien race would further make that concrete for me.

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by projectvxn
Why does it have to be a choice? They are both mysteries worth looking into. Both have incredibly profound implications...But as far as I'm concerned. Proof of God is all around us, and meeting an alien race would further make that concrete for me.

the only reason is has to be a choice is because i said so
. i agree with you that researching both "mysteries" would not be a waste of time or discipline and one should. this is not the question. both would profoundly alter the history of humanity and change all of our lives forever, and this is why i want you to choose. what do you want more...spiritual or extraterrestrial confirmation?

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 03:29 PM
link   
I would like to say that I would love to have definative proof that god exists however...

In this particular discussion i will say aliens! hopefully intelligent ones who will come to earth and prove that god exists....

I think that with technology were it is at now I would hate to die in this world without first contact taking place.

We all no that life can be so cruel and contact would still be concealed from us so i think i'll change my mind and say god....

But urm ouch my head hurts aliens or god?

Aliens and thats my final answer

deal or no deal?

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Proof of either seems to be personal to the individual.

Maybe there isn't really much difference.

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 04:08 PM
link   
My entire life is a spiritual realization. The fact that I am alive is a miracle to me. And personally, I don't need any more proof of this. This is not a quest that I ever deviate from, and the knowledge I seek is the path that guides me as a spiritual being. So I suppose it would have to be other life that I seek. But what I truly want is their knowledge, to understand as they do, and to evolve and possibly leave this plain of existence before this body dies. Needless to say..I'm going to be pretty busy. I have an agenda for looking elsewhere in the universe for advanced life.

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Prote
Proof of either seems to be personal to the individual.

Maybe there isn't really much difference.

a difference could be that god would condemn and judge, where as aliens might just kill you without reason or need

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Why one or the other?
Is it not possible that alien races may also have a belief in a single deity or multiple god system?
I don't see that it's any more reasonable to believe in aliens than it is in God, as both, up to this point in time, have not been proven to exist yet people still believe in both.
As an example, I remember reading an article some time ago about a high level vatican priest who is adamant that aliens exist, yet claims that they too are Gods creatures, as we are (allegedly). Now to me that is a somewhat enlightened outlook and someone you could really discuss ET with, without it turning into a either / or discussion

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Britguy
Why one or the other?

okay, does anybody understand what this topic is about?? this isn't about believing in one versus the other, ie believing in god and not aliens.

i posted my question as a hypothetical situation. i know people can believe in both god and aliens, and their brains would not explode do to the irrationality or explicit conundrums. this is not the debate i wanted. my question is still and has been...which one would you want to have absolute proof for? you can only choose one because man it just makes it harder that way, because both would be AWESOME to have undeniable truth proof for.

be creative people. give me crazy and juicy reasons.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join