It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are Humans Realy that important to the universe?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Human Beings by nature are extremely egotistical and curious beings,we like to search for the unknown to try and prove whether its real or hoax but what I havent been able to undrstand is why exactly do human beings insist that aliens are either coming for us or have been messing with us, for as long as I can remember. I understand that people have had encounters with or have seen an extraterestrial ship or being and I'm not saying that aliens dont exist because we can't be the only sentient beings in the entire universe that would just suck and wouldnt make sense, all that space and just a planet with a few funny looking humans on it? there has to be something else out there. but I mean why would any alien race that is supposedly leaps and bounds ahead of humans in space travel technology come all the way here to our planet to just look at us or probe us like some kinda science experiment? . I mean yeah its possible that some alien race needs our human dna or natural resources to survive but also what are the odds on human beings being compatible with these "aliens" not all species can cross breed they may have similar features but not all species can cross breed. I have noticed though that as human beings we tend to think that things have to happen to us like we sit here on our little blue planet plotting against one another but secretly wishing an alien race or god will come to show us the error of our ways. why do we need some other race, species, beings, to show us anything why cant humans seem to be able to figure things out for ourselves it may take a while for us to figure things out but we always seem to be looking for a short cut or easier way to do things maybe we're just impatient or maybe our egos are to big we sure to have alot of tenacity for being decended from monkeys but then again monkeys have always been known for they're trounlemaking and tomfoolery. I was sitting in my room contemplating and thought I would see if anyone else had any thoughts on this I'm not expecting any kind of specific comments just whatever anyone wants to say ...well say it I understand whatever I put here someone may read and think "what a tard" but I dont care what anyone thinks of me cause I'm not rying to prove anything just thinking outloud.
Oh and this is my first thread I've never actualy posted a thread here before. this site is hellacool.

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 11:54 AM
link   
No. From a universal perspective, humans are little more than a fine layer of mold growing on surface of a rock spinning around a tiny little ball of energy caught-up in a puny galaxy that is lost in the vastness of space.

Jon

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 11:57 AM
link   
We only think we are important because we are the only intelligent life forms we have ever come in contact with. Until the day that changes, we will continue to think we are on top of the universe.

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 01:23 PM
link   
I recommend reading the lastest Astromony magazine www.astronomy.com...

Scroll down and you will see a picture of 1/4" of the earth's night sky showing 1.5 million galaxies. Given that 'our' galaxy has ~400 million stars...........there is alot of potential out there.....

So yeah.............I think humans are over-rated/think themselves as 'all that'............there has to be much more intelligent life out there................hopefully.....................

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 12:38 PM
link   
you know I didnt think anyone would reply but that is pretty cool it seems as though there are a few people who see eye to eye on this subject I wish the whole world could do the same thing its too bad though that it doesnt work that way. it is pretty crazy how little of the sky humans are actualy monitoring I think there should be more observatories all around the world so we have a better chance of seeing something and maybe even communication with another species or being.And it is pretty humbling when you thinkabout it in the term "Fine layer of mold on the surface of a rock spinningaround a tiny little ball of energy caught-up in a puny galaxy floating lost in the vastness of space" I like that it makes you feel human.
I think people forget what it truly is to be human sometimes for me its all the little things in life not everyone else notices.

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Oh yeah and sorry for putting this in the general conspiricy section I wasnt paying attention when I posted it and wasnt entirely sure where to put it my bad.

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 12:41 PM
link   
I don't think anything is important to the universe...it doesn't have feelings.
The REAL question is...what is important to US?

new topics

top topics

join