It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Election that Won't Happen?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Shataken

After World War 2, the US and it's allies tried, convicted, and EXECUTED several Japanese soldiers for "war crimes" that included waterboarding of POWs from the allied forces. Yet McCain (a former POW) can't break from his party and goes and votes against the ban of waterboarding by the US! How could some "patriotic" Americans still support this man??? Bush and his admin should be impeached, put on trail for war crimes and then hung just like has been the norm, enforced by us for over 80 years!

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by MurderCityDevil

Originally posted by Nailer
McCain is insane, Hillary is a communist bi#ch, Obama is bought and paid for, Huckabee a fake,

Ron Paul, fights for the Constitution and the people

President/Dictator Traitor George Bush has gone insane and is going to try to become ruler the way it is looking.

please explain how bush is becoming ruler

oh and ron paul has no chance, get over it

Better to vote for good Ron Paul and lose than vote for evil and still lose as Obama,clinton, McCain all are warmongers who want to see you become a slave to the New world order..

Courtesy is Mandatory

Mod Note: General ATS Discussion Etiquette – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 19-2-2008 by GAOTU789]

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlueRaja

Why do you think he has to go to Congress to ask for money, if he has the power to spend without asking. Why do you think in areas where the Supreme Court has ruled against a policy, he's had to change(i.e. the status of enemy combatants). Don't mistake executive authority, with absolute power.

1. Going to Congress for money is a PR spin to make it appear than Congress and the American people still have control over how their tax money is spent! BTW, Congress isn't given infomation on the specifics of the entire defense budget (huge amount of $)....ever heard of the "black ops" programs?

2. The Supreme Court has not ruled against Bush on the status of enemy combatants. In fact, we are about to try them in military tribunals behind close doors with evidence gathered through torture! What are you implying here?

3. "Don't mistake executive authority with absolute power".....sounds like something directly out of Bush's arrogant mouth. With no OVERSIGHT of your claims of executive authority, you absolutely have "absolute" power! No one can say you did something wrong if you hide the evidence from prying eyes...

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by percievedreality
reply to post by BlueRaja

You may want to do some more research into how Bush has changed the laws to effectively be a dictator in the event that martial law is declared. He would have complete oversight of all three branches of government at that point, which is a dictatorship by all understandings of the word.

Staged terrorists attacks, martial law, dictatorship, postponed elections....it is all possible. BTW, Clinton is who they really want. But Obama is scaring them so they may need to help us sheep along. FYI Hillary attended the last "Builderburger" meeting in Canada in 2007. Democrats vs Republicans, at this point, it is no longer relavant. They could live with McCain, but anyone else other than Clinton is not completely trusted to further there agenda. I am so scared for Obama.

you may want to lay off the alex jones a little bit

all that guy does is scare tactics, what a clown he is.

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by MurderCityDevil

McCain is insane, Hillary is a communist bi#ch, Obama is bought and paid for, Huckabee a fake,

Ron Paul, fights for the Constitution and the people

President/Dictator Traitor George Bush has gone insane and is going to try to become ruler the way it is looking.

please explain how bush is becoming ruler

oh and ron paul has no chance, get over it

Better to vote for good Ron Paul and lose than vote for evil and still lose as Obama,clinton, McCain all are warmongers who want to see you become a slave to the New world order..

Oh Boy you must be blind deaf and stupid if you cant see what bush is up to. SHEEPLE ALERT !!!

how is not voting for ron paul making me a sheeple?

that has to be the dumbest thing ive heard all day but thanks

do you think ron paul would be able to actually be granted to do everything he says he wants to?

if so, he would have more of a following

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by MurderCityDevil

Only the first paragraph was mine. The Alex Jones part was what i was responding to. I agree with you- he's a clown.

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 03:01 PM
link   

After World War 2, the US and it's allies tried, convicted, and EXECUTED several Japanese soldiers for "war crimes" that included waterboarding of POWs from the allied forces. Yet McCain (a former POW) can't break from his party and goes and votes against the ban of waterboarding by the US! How could some "patriotic" Americans still support this man??? Bush and his admin should be impeached, put on trail for war crimes and then hung just like has been the norm, enforced by us for over 80 years!

Included waterboarding, not limited to. Japanese soldiers routinely tortured American soldiers, including using them for bayonet practice, decapitation, burning alive etc. I can find only one instance where a japanese soldier was convicted solely because of waterboarding someone and it was for waterboarding an American civilian, not an American soldier. He was sentenced to 15 years.

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 03:16 PM
link   
It is entirely possible and set up that due to any type of "catastrophic event" Bush can declare Martial Law and suspend the elections. I really do not see how this is debatable when it is a fact.

Will it happen? I don't think so. The way it looks our election will be McCain vs Obama or Hillary so in the end it will make no difference who wins. They are all bought and paid and the agenda will continue. It is my belief that we will see a "catastrophic event" when the PTB begin to lose control. The first time a candidate emerges that threatens the establishment, and actually has a chance to get elected, that is when you will see the power grab come into play.

Is it possible? Yes. Will it happen? In my opinion, not yet.

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by MrWendal

well then it could happen in april when ron weinland prediction of the tribulation occurs

hmmmm

connect the dots, la lala la

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by MurderCityDevil

I take that prediction with a grain of salt. Much like every other prediction that I have seen that did not come to pass.

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 04:03 PM
link   
read hilary clinton's voting record... shes the biggest fascist out of all the candidates there, bigger even than Bush id say. (In that at least Bush upholds the 2nd amendment, by not renewing the AWB).

If its a choice between an elected Clinton or a dictator Bush, i know which one id choose.

(Oh if only people would wake up and vote for Ron Paul instead...)

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 04:14 PM
link   
PennKen2009...

Bush mentioned that there will be an event on US soil that will be more catastrophic than 911. Not would, but will.
I believe that it is more directly connected to the ongoing plan to create a perfect race. Using propoganda and arranged attacks on US soil to eventually initiate Martial Law.
More importantly, the possibility that this is going to take place before he is out of office within one year's time, giving him the ability to declare ML and thus executive dicatatorship of the nation, seziure of all freedoms.
Ability to kill and withold, more so than now, than ever.

To enable that NWO plans are successful, they need to be executed step by step to ensure civilian submissiveness and the green light to move ahead.

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Shataken

Okay, some good points. I would agree that it was not just for waterboarding, but in EVERY single case? How about a link to those findings, so I can verify your claims? I have read some on the subject and never seen documentation leading me to agree with your claims. But I have to ask, even if you can provide "proof", it doesn't matter, no one in our government is going to be doing 15 years....we are leaders of the "free" world so we are above the laws!?

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by 12.21.12
The only other thing I could imagine happening is that the election would be fixed, bringing Hillary in and keeping Bush in behind the scenes.

If it's fixed, and let's face it - the last two were - it'll be the republicans who 'win' (again), not H. Clinton...

J.

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by BlueRaja

You might want to do a little more research on dictators before making such claims. Bush wouldn't need Congress or the Supreme Court, if he was in fact a dictator. He doesn't have anywhere near absolute power.

Sure he would. Hitler needed the rubber-stamp Reichstag, and courts that were fed victims by the Gestapo.

Bush does not YET have absolute power, but the Patriot Act hasn't taken full effect yet either. The stage has been set.

[edit on 2/19/0808 by jackinthebox]

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 04:25 PM
link   
You may think I am diluted, but since I am a RP supporter myself, I sure hope Obama gets the nomination based on that tiny .000001% chance that he selects Paul as a running mate. I'd say anyone who puts Paul on their ticket gets an automatic win.

Yes, Obama may be "bought up" as you all say, but I look forward more to the foreign policy being practiced more with a charismatic wordsmith than guns. Plus, the fact is, having Barack Hussein Obama as a president automatically gives us some sort of leeway with the rest of the world, albeit ever so small.

I'm still under the belief system that the president is nothing more than a talking head for the people who advise him/her.

The fact is, Obama will have so much pressure to get our troops out of there early on, that he will have to do it. Thats my bottom line. He has to make it happen. We will stop dumping money on a pile of horse excrement and put it into our economy.

So there it is, Obama makes us more popular with the rest of the world and diverts our lost assets back towards us. That's the only good possibility I see coming out of any scenario in this election.

[edit on 2/19/08 by SantaClaus]

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 04:27 PM
link   
The idea that Bush will "extend" his term is highly plauseable.

If he does not, Hillary will take office. She is a Bilderberg and has been publicly endorsed by the Rothschilds. And, as mentioned before, the Clinton family is very close to the Bush family. Dubya's mother has said that Bill is their adopted son.

If she doesn't take office, Obama will be asassinated.

By the way, the Constitution has been suspended since 1933, so it doesn't really matter who rules what "Constitutional" or not.

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by jackinthebox

Those are the exact scenarios that I fear the most from this election. All seem possible or quite plausible at this point. If Clinton is elected, I still see a growing number of dissidents wondering how it happened. Of all the people I talk to, only about 10% are Hillary supporters. Where are the rest? Maybe I haven't been keeping with the times, but it seems to me everyone is high on Obama.

So yeah, those outcomes are becoming all too real in our eyes. And when they do happen, its the beginning of the end for this country. Got room Australia? I'll stay in King's Cross!

[edit on 2/19/08 by SantaClaus]

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Longtime ATS fan, first post. All the pieces for dctatorship are in place. All of Bush's signing statements,executve orders. Then there are the other programs such as "REX84", FEMA Camps, and recently "NORTHCOM's" announcement that they are ready to implement "martial law" Northcom is responsible for the defense of North America.(I think I got that right.) I think Ill keep making my preparations--for survival.

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 05:25 PM
link   
I'm pretty sure the final pieces were put together in the stimulus package. I noticed a lot of strange verbage come out of GW's mouth like if he was speaking to only half of the room, which would make since, often times only one side of the room had any idea what he was talking about. That would be the GOP or the ultra elite. And what the hell do Belize and Bermuda have to do with anything anyways?

That whole speech sent chills up my spine, it was like watching Hitler become a dictator all over again. It was as if he was saying, "During my time as President I have manipulated the constitution enough to bring this country down from it's foundation. I can and will stay in office and tonight we are laying the final cornerstone to make that happen. We are above the law and have stripped you of your individual freedoms and you sheeple are still falling for it. Thank you. enjoy the show, and your $600 stimulus package of Monopoly money."

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join